James Marsden taking lead role in Sonic the Hedgehog movie

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.

Re: James Marsden taking lead role in Sonic the Hedgehog mov

Postby Yami CJMErl » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 am

Yami CJMErl

Postby Wooduck51 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 am

The white bridge of the snout is such a simple yet effective choice; what a nice surprise to start the day.
Attachments
tmp-cam-4320880751929634344.jpg
tmp-cam-4320880751929634344.jpg (17.41 KiB) Viewed 671 times
Wooduck51

Postby Locit » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 am

Shit that's... that might be the best trailer/ad re-cut since Kangaroo Jack.

Also: did they re-cast Sonic's voice actor?
Locit
News Guy

Now Playing: Hollow Knight.

Postby Yami CJMErl » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:40 pm

No, I'm...pretty sure it's still the same guy. Maybe they re-recorded his lines?
Yami CJMErl

Postby Locit » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:14 am

Locit
News Guy

Postby Yami CJMErl » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:33 am

I don't know why this came as a surprise to me; pretty much everything good involving Sonic lately has had his involvement.
Yami CJMErl

Postby Brazillian Cara » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Yami CJMErl wrote:I don't know why this came as a surprise to me; pretty much everything good involving Sonic lately has had his involvement.

Reading this side-by-side with your avatar really puts things into perspective. The guy has gone a long way ever since Nipples the Enchilada.
Brazillian Cara

Now Playing: the waiting game.

Postby Locit » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:50 am

Apparently the movie is surprisingly decent but honestly the only thing I care about right now is how the fuck I can get my hands on a pair of these shoes.
Locit
News Guy

Postby Yami CJMErl » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Locit wrote:the only thing I care about right now is how the fuck I can get my hands on a pair of these shoes.

I can't believe THOSE are the ones they don't make for mass market retail. It's literally the only pair the fans actually want!
Yami CJMErl

Postby Wooduck51 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:59 pm

Alright Ladies and Gentlehogs; me and the wife went to see Sonic today... And we both quite liked it!
First off, Citizen Kane this is not, and as a long time sonic fan, I would have loved a movie fully set on Sonic's home world.
BUT, With those things out of the way; I had much fun watching it. I think everyone did a great job, the actors seemed to be having fun, there was only 2ish fart jokes to speak of (and one at least was earned if still un-needed) Sonic looks great and is suitably wonic-y, Jim Carrey actually seems to take a few scenes to warm up to being eggman, but then takes to it wonderfully. The movie also gives no time to any cliched and tired misunderstanding plots, and keeps itself respectful of your time and clocks in at around 100 minutes. There are many nice little nods to various bits of Sonic history, and is all about the power of friendship.

The formula fed/breast fed joke is still in the movie and I still haven't parsed how that line came to be, but hey,
THE MOVIE WAS FUN AND WHOLESOME; like a fruit salad parfait: not not overly filling or deep, but I'd go for a second.
Wooduck51

Postby Wombatwarlord777 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:40 am

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good flick. It also had a really strong opening weekend, and if there isn't a really steep drop-off next week, I will be really pleasantly surprised. My theater was pretty packed on Saturday night, mostly kids and their parents, although there were a few hardcore fans in there as well (pretty much everyone who stayed to watch the entirety of the credits).

As for the film itself, I really liked the establishment of Sonic in the real world, and the comedy and action really clicked in the last act. I'd say the very beginning on Sonic's home planet and the middle were slightly rushed (Sonic and James Marston bonded a little too quickly for it to be quite believable for me), but then you do have to remember the flick is primarily intended for young kids.
Wombatwarlord777

Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Postby Opa-Opa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm

I saw it on saturday and this should have been the first place I came to babble about.

I really loved the movie. I understand all the cliches they are using, all its flaws and faults, but I really liked it. Jokes were good, with well written dialogue and genuinely funny. It was a very very pleasant surprise. It's a nice adaptation, and, as though as I would love to see a movie fully set on Sonic's world, I feel like this felt more like a "movie" than, say, a fully animated feature would feel. The thater was actually very empty, probably because it was a screening in english with subtitles and kids movies around here are usually dubbed in portuguese (for comparison, in my city there are daily 60 screenings in english with subs against 380 screenings in portuguese).

Now for SPOILERS:

The easter eggs are awesome, and there are so many that I'm sure I haven't seem them all. The last scene made me VERY excited for a sequel.
Opa-Opa

Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Postby Wooduck51 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:13 pm

Where did everybody go??

Anyhoo behold; a toy version of Nipples the Enchilada dressed as Sonic that you can buy.

Screenshot_20200221-155940.jpg
Screenshot_20200221-155940.jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 105 times

Sonic The Hedgehog Spin Dash Sonic REV and Launch! Super Sonic Speed! It's real
Wooduck51

Previous

Return to Open Forum