Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Locit »

Edgerock wrote:X-Play has a video of Sonic Unleashed.
Fix'd!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Oh hey, look what I found at the local Toys 'R Us:

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Isn't that the "exclusive" pre-order perk?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

If you live in Australia? Yes.

If you live in the US of A? Not so much--considering I saw at least 15-20 of these things lining a pair of shelves in the game/electronics department of the Toys 'R Us near where I work, for only $9.99.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Nice shots, except, is that a leather desk seat i'm seeing? Yuk!

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

He really should have been named Infra Sonic. Think about it.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

FlashTHD wrote:Nice shots, except, is that a leather desk seat i'm seeing? Yuk!
Not real leather, no. It was the quickest/dirtiest thing I could find to rest the package on apart from the floor.

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:He really should have been named Infra Sonic. Think about it.
Maybe if he had the power to turn invisible.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

There are only $9.99?

That would explain what action figure looks like shit.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

FlashTHD wrote:It says the delay is for japan only, fools. But still, sketchy source is sketchy. What's the credibility of this gamefront place again?

On that note, why is it no one can keep the release dates straight for this damn thing?
It doesnt make any sense. Why would they delay it only for japan? You're not seriously suggesting they care more about the JP version considering that sonic's popularity borders "nil" over there?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Radrappy wrote:
FlashTHD wrote:It says the delay is for japan only, fools. But still, sketchy source is sketchy. What's the credibility of this gamefront place again?

On that note, why is it no one can keep the release dates straight for this damn thing?
It doesnt make any sense. Why would they delay it only for japan? You're not seriously suggesting they care more about the JP version considering that sonic's popularity borders "nil" over there?
Like it made any sense when they pushed the PS3 version of 06 back to January in the US, and then it turned out they did fucking squat with all that time?

Like anything Sega does anymore makes sense?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

For those who don't know, there is a new wallpaper on the Japanese SWA site.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Dasher wrote:For those who don't know, there is a new wallpaper on the Japanese SWA site.
Haha, they forgot to take Sonic out of the background near the tent thingy.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

M.C.Dillinger wrote:There are only $9.99?

It's not completely horriffic--it's got more poseability than my old Sonic Adventure action figure, at any rate. Obviously, it's no Revoltech, and I never expected it to be, but considering how (supposedly) rare these are, it's not bad for the asking price.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

Yami CJMErl wrote:

It's not completely horriffic--it's got more poseability than my old Sonic Adventure action figure, at any rate. Obviously, it's no Revoltech, and I never expected it to be, but considering how (supposedly) rare these are, it's not bad for the asking price.
Rare? My local Toys R us had enough to fill a goddamn silo. I picked one up for 10$ today.

surprisingly, I'm actually pretty impressed with the quality of the sculpt. If I had to complain about anything it would be the weak and poorly designed leg joints. Also revoltechs suck. They look like they're painted by five year old malay children from a sweathouse.

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

Radrappy wrote:
Yami CJMErl wrote:

Rare? My local Toys R us had enough to fill a goddamn silo. I picked one up for 10$ today.

surprisingly, I'm actually pretty impressed with the quality of the sculpt. If I had to complain about anything it would be the weak and poorly designed leg joints.
I'd say the joints on any Sonic action figure are probably safely nestled in the 'shitty' category.

I remember the promo Sonic toy I got after Adventure came out. Now he only has one hand. I ask myself, how will the Bounce Bracelet stay on?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I also got Mr. Sonic The Werehog at ToysRus, I think this is the best Sonic Figure I've bought since...forever? The sculpt is well done, the paint Job is decent and the figure has many points of articulation. I Actually like the upper Legs because they're stiff and thus the Figure can stand solidly.

Having him in my hands made me like the Werehog design even more, it looks interesting and it is a more original idea than lets say Shadow with a gun or Sonic with Swords (which is better than guns but you get the point) I guess the Werehog although its no Super Sonic will satisfy the playing as an alternate powerhouse form of Sonic we all been wanting plus at least Normal Sonic will have tons speed to spare on Daytime.

So...Yeah I hope to see more of this Figure Line, Normal Sonic of course (It can come with a Chip Figure, hey! two figures are better than 1!) Eggman, Tails and Amy...hopefully Knuckles? But I doubt we will even get Normal Sonic.

Here is hoping! Lets see what happens, that toy line Jazzwares is as strange as the Werehog.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Am I the only one not buying this thing?

Although hearing that everyone else is buying them up kinda makes me want one...

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I, for one, am not buying that crap.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I just don't 'get' action figures. I understand the allure of having them as toys, knick-knacks, or collectibles, but don't feel the drive to partake in any of those concepts. Especially not with that ugly son of a bitch. I feel like Sega's pushing the Werehog like he might be the next Metal Sonic or Shadow. If they haven't been disappointed yet, they're going to be.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

DackAttac wrote:I just don't 'get' action figures. I understand the allure of having them as toys, knick-knacks, or collectibles, but don't feel the drive to partake in any of those concepts. Especially not with that ugly son of a bitch. I feel like Sega's pushing the Werehog like he might be the next Metal Sonic or Shadow. If they haven't been disappointed yet, they're going to be.
Yes, the werehog is a terrible Idea. Yes, this new game is probably going to blow. But when I saw the action figures on sale, the sonic fan in me just wouldn't let it go. There's just something magical about holding a physical rendition of one of your childhood heroes in your hand, no matter the shape or form. Plus, like you said, its a collectible. A piece of memorabilia that may even bring a smile to your face ten years from now. Besides, its not like many sonic figures get made in general. Why miss out on a fairly cheap one?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I guess I drew too many Sonic characters turned into monsters that when the Werehog came yes it was shocking but deep inside I knew him already as a character named "Suck" and this character was a comic character something to have "fun" with, not to be taken seriously at all, unlike some people with their seriously emo Fan Characters out there.

And I feel the Werehog was given this approach as well, He is not a Shadow or Metal Sonic nor even a Super Sonic, this is a completely New Sonic that will bring more cartoonish comedy (although twisted) into the Sonic world rather than more Angst *Cough*Shadow&Silver+thewholeSonic06gameintotal*Cough* crap.

Also, SSBB might have been the last Spark that Sonic Needed, But I think other Games like Sonic Rush and even Secret Rings have helped Sonic a lot these days in bringing his old charm back and losing all the heavy Emo stuff, Here is hoping this game does OK.

(...)

Post by (...) »

It doesnt make any sense. Why would they delay it only for japan?
Maybe there's something wrong with the Japanese version. Localisation, third party licensing requirements etc.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Wow, sidequests galore.
Hedgehunk
Talk with people in the pursuit of love
Elise cameo?
Eat all the hot dogs in Eggmanland