E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Your a very angry man. I would rather the powers that be focus on the gameplay and camera than on the voice actors. Call me wierd or something. I would rather be able to play a game and enjoy it. Heck I enjoyed bits of Shadow. It's not that I don't care about voice actors I just think they aren't *the* top priority really.

I think a non static racing game camera would work. When you start the level its just behind Sonic as you get faster the camera would pan out and tilt upwards giving you more of the level in front of you, so you can see what is coming. And if you turn around the camera will still be behind Sonic.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

I don't really have much camera problems with 3d Sonic games. I had some big ones with Sonic Adventure, but SA2, Heroes, and Shadow have all had fine cameras for me.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Jack Bz wrote:I don't really have much camera problems with 3d Sonic games. I had some big ones with Sonic Adventure, but SA2, Heroes, and Shadow have all had fine cameras for me.
Same here, mainly because SA had many twist and turns, still it was a big deal. Ive never had problems with the camera.

WW

Post by WW »

Aww, lets moan and bitch about the voices.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Nah, Im done.

for now.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

It's not as if bitching about the gameplay is more dignified than bitching about the voices. Segasonic is merely stating that he personally finds them to be an important factor in his sonic experiece. It is a fair thing to gripe about, especially since many VA's were unreasonably fired due to the changes.

Something I hate is due to the havoc engine, sonic will push around stone blocks as he runs into them as if they were sliding on ice until they disappear. Stupid as hell.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Not only that, but for "stone" blocks, they bounce around the level like they were made of foam. Same with the debris from the robots when they explode.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

You should see the cars on the burning City level heh.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Apparently in PLAY magazine it says that Shadow is only playable in the PS3 version.
OCB, confirm/deny?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

That sounds like BS to me. XD

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Wow that is a really good reason to get the 360 version. It is BS though. Seeing as it was Xboxyde that showed off Shadow and Mephiles.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Ngangbius wrote:That sounds like BS to me. XD
Any particular reason that the majority of your posts end in 'XD', regardless of the context?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

You've actually keep track of stuff like that?

I never really noticed. Though I'm quite a silly person and use the emoticon when I read something I find amusing.

XD

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

edit: nevermind.
Last edited by cjmcray on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

cjmcray wrote:I haven't played Sonic Riders.
You're not missing much. It's fun for a couple of hours (after you learn its strict-ass learning curve, and until you do the CPU will own your ass every race), but it doesn't amount to anyhing more than a rental. I actually bought it over Shadow. Ack!

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Would you please not spell SonicTeam with an $.

If you wait around long enough in the final boss in ShTH it does tell you how Shadow survived. Also, with that much imagination you can make SA2 and ShTH story-lines fit together perfectly.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Wooduck51 wrote:Would you please not spell SonicTeam with an $.

If you wait around long enough in the final boss in ShTH it does tell you how Shadow survived. Also, with that much imagination you can make SA2 and ShTH story-lines fit together perfectly.
I spelt Sonic Team with an $, becuase they only make games for money it seems, and not just to make good games.

Also, how can the SA-StH storylines fit together?

What about Gerald saying

"if you wish to fill the Earth with desturction, unleash it.. to the world!"

and

"all you ungrateful humans, will feel my loss and despair."

Now, in StH, Gerald acts more like a kindly old man who created Shadow to save Earth from Black Doom. How does he go from being eivl and creating Shadow to destroy Earth, to suddenly being a kind old man who created Shadow to save the world?

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I played through the game but I don't remember it saying how shadow survived.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Gerald was nice in ShTH because the flashbacks/videos of him are from before the ARK was raided and Maria killed. That's what caused him to go insane and do the things seen in SA2. It even mentions in SA2 that he made some last minute "modifications" to Shadow while on Prison Island, to make him hate humanity.
Or that's how I figured it to be.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

cjmcray wrote:Personally, I hate $onic Team as of now. They just have no idea what the heck they're doing anymore. They don't care about story, or making a good game. It's all moneymoneymoney.

*bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch ignorance moan whine*
They need to hurry up and colonize the moon so we can make an inescapable asylum for people like you.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Those are the same ones we've been seeing for awhile.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

cjmcray wrote:I spelt Sonic Team with an $, becuase they only make games for money it seems, and not just to make good games.
Hm, I never would have guessed that the reason involved money!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Plorpus III wrote:Those are the same ones we've been seeing for awhile.
The new ones start at the one called "Speed Smashing Gameplay"...if theyre all old news for you guys then my bad.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Double-S- wrote:
cjmcray wrote:I spelt Sonic Team with an $, becuase they only make games for money it seems, and not just to make good games.
Hm, I never would have guessed that the reason involved money!
Well of course Sonic Team always had money in mind. They are a business. I just mean that recently, they've been slacking off when it comes to quality in gameplay, and having terrible storylines, etc. And focusing on introducing new characters they can market the hell out of (Shadow) for the sole reason of money, and only money. Since they have iconic characters, they can make loads of terrible games, and they'll still sell. They don't seem to care about quality anymore.