E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Yami

Post by Yami »

Yeah, ESPECIALLY since this is supposed to celebrate Sonic's 15th, which is 200*6*.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Segaholic2 wrote:http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=T000348

EBGames says 3/30/07 for $60. Who knows how solid that is.
Weren't they mentioning it launching around the same time as the PS3 in November before? They're really pushing the 15th anniversary thing with it by the looks of things so I have a feeling they're not going to miss releasing it this year, even if it means rushing it out.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

The new trailer at Gamespot is great! the game is starting to remind me of Sonic Adventures awesome gameplay!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Bleh, I just downloaded it. I pretty much agree, the Sonic parts look cool, but those fucks just can't make a game without other characters can they? How the fuck is Shadow driving some stupid go-kart a return to the series roots? I'm sure you all said the same thing, but I was lazy and just skimmed the last three pages.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Good point, Some return to the root THAT is. :roll:

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Sega, I dare you to post more than 3 sentences without using any emotes of any kind.

You get bonus points if the post contributes to the topic.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

I belive they chose to make Eggman like that because after all, he is human. They really want to show off the awesome new graphics on a Sonic game and I say good job! think about it, if they made Eggman how he looks in the other games he would look like a deformed human with big teeth and weird shape. I think they nailed a good looking realistic Eggman, I cant wait to see more of it. Also when they said the princess looked like a Square-Enix character they werent kidding.

I wonder how the white hedgehog moves, and his attack patterns dont look so exiting. I think he wouldve look better if he didnt move so much while reflecting bullets, I guess he takes them out one by one..not a bad thing, but it means more trouble for us. I wish they implemented good music in this game, any info on the music?
Last edited by SegaSonic on Tue May 09, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

That was two sentences. And an exclamation point. Only Esrever can use those, stop it.

EDIT: And then edit your post and add an entire paragraph, way to go.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

SegaSonic wrote:I belive they chose to make Eggman like that because after all, he is human. They really want to show off the awesome new graphics on a Sonic game and I say good job! think about it, if they made Eggman how he looks in the other games he would look like a deformed human with big teeth and weird shape.
Wow, he didn't even bother to start a new sentence when he edited the extra stuff. He used the exclamation point like a comma.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

There's a first here that nobody's noticed. We can actually see Eggman's eyes through his glasses. That's one of the things I considered taboo. Can anybody make out what color they are?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Which color best represents the demise of all your hopes and dreams with regard to Sonic?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

...There was the Sonic 2 boxshot. They were like empty sockets.

All in all, the changes are drastic. They truly are. Eggman looks like I might never get used to, the new character's lame, so on, so forth.

But I'm liking the other changes.

Such as the way the levels look. You can peg me with the "only carez ab00t th3 graphix" ball if you want, but Sonic Team hasn't been giving their levels the slightest hint of visual appeal lately. Westopolis didn't make me say "Oooh! I want to leave tread marks all over that bitch when it comes out." More like... "Oh... maybe she has a very nice personality." These levels are getting my ire up like nothing since Mystic Ruins have. (A shot of Knuckles on top of the temple while doing a camera rotate drove me out of my mind.)

And the music. Oh dear Heavens to Betsy yes. Do you have any idea how much I feared the final nail on the coffin being some dull hard rock riffs with no melody... or even more worrisome, the promo just being Crush 40's latest music video? I can't lie, I like their music. But they've failed to grace a Sonic game with a worthy overall theme. Open Your Heart was too hard to be plastered on the start screen of a fairly innocuously lighthearted video game. If that's Senoue playing the music in the trailer, Lord bless him. He finally got the groove he left at Mission Street back.

I'll agree IGN is not a great source. Whole-frickin-heardedly. They gave Heroes a spectacular grade, for crying out loud. But it seems their opinion's been echoed across the board from what I've heard. I'll keep an ear out, but it pains me to do so, as I didn't want to do this in the first place. I think in the perfect world, the sentences I needed to hear about this game come in this order: "A drive-by Shadow and a new psychic character are in it", "Critics consider it a return to the roots in some regards" and "Here's your change, thanks for shopping at GameStop," all within two minutes of each other, and a short car ride away from forming my own damn opinion about the matter at hand. Unfortunately, I don't have money to burn, and Sonic Team's track record hasn't been good enough for me to shoot in the dark like that.

Nonetheless, I try to stay optimistic in the spirit of good will towards the saga, which is what kept me thinking "hey, what if" about Shadow. But I can honestly say now that video's come out the optimism is genuine.

I'll put it this way: You can see the bottomless pits, and think either Hang Castle or Red Mountain. You could even think Wing Fortress if it floats your boat. As much as we'd all love to draw the conclusion of whether this is in fact a starting point for the series' resurgance or the gullet knife to the jugular, we can't do it yet. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

(Yes. I stole my thesis from the fucking Syllable Count game in Brain Age.)

Grant

Post by Grant »

I just watched the trailer. Here are my thoughts.

-I also like the 'new' look of the humans. It's not as drastic as I thought it would be after reading everyone's reactions. It seems like a natural fit to me.

-People keep talking about how fast the game is. For one thing, I guess I'm not seeing it because it doesn't seem that fast to me. And second, I don't understand why the game's speed would be any sort of a draw.

-Count me on the side that likes the over-the-top apocalyptic city.

-I'm not sure if I'm disappointed with the inclusion of Shadow and Whitey because I had been led to believe this game would focus only on Sonic or because Shadow and Whitey are just lame.

-Having skipped Heroes, this game may draw me back into gaming. I might need to buy a next gen system for this.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

His name is officially Silver according to Sega's Press Release.

But he will always be Whitey to me.

(...)

Post by (...) »

Ngangbius wrote:His name is officially Silver according to Sega's Press Release.
Yeah. The IGN preview said so yesterday. :)

Random Observations about the Press Release:
- Princess Elise looks kinda hot in the logo graphic.
- "...and ultimately go head to head against the menacing doctor to thwart his malicious plans" - So the game doesn't end with Sonic vs the lava monster then?
- Photoreal Eggman has no eyebrows!
- No mention of Shadow. Hmmmmm.....
- They have new screenshots. This shot has next gen water effects.

Arcade

Re: E3 Sonic Next-Gen trailer on XBOX Live Marketplace

Post by Arcade »

Spazz wrote:A new Sonic Next-Gen trailer has appeared on XBOX Live Marketplace.
The video and screencaps are available for download here: http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2888_en.html

At first glance it seems to be a fusion of Sonic with Final Fantasy, then it just turns out to be Shadow the Hedgehog 2. Glad to see they at least left a few small elements from the Adventure series though. Yet those robots still haven't changed...

Also, the new character is indeed white and they've made Dr. Eggman look...HUMAN.
Egg..human?

You know, if I still cared, this would be the point where I played the good old Sonic games for hours and trying to convince me is 1999 and the Dreamcast still ruled.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Awewome new screenshots! I keep liking Silver more and more! oh and by the way..

CLICK IF YOU DARE.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/L ... 005717.jpg

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Dude, we're not falling for that, Blaze made that pic and he said so himself.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

SegaSonic wrote:Awewome new screenshots! I keep liking Silver more and more! oh and by the way..

CLICK IF YOU DARE.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/L ... 005717.jpg
Silver Is a hedgehog, couldn’t they a least use another animal?, crazy Sega, they think any new character will be popular if it’s a Hedgehog. Is all your fault Shadow fans!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Protodude wrote:Dude, we're not falling for that, Blaze made that pic and he said so himself.
Its a hoax? thank goodness!

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

There's a new gameplay movie on Gamespot. It shows mostly levels that have already been seen plus some footage of Silver and a brief glimpse at one of the town stages.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

No matter what anyone says, I still think that's a good hoax. Yeah, it's got some tell-tale signs, but no hoax can ever be 100% perfect. Even the Sonic-Cult X-treme hoax had some doubters (infact, I canceled my download of the ISO to wait for official confirmation it was the real deal).

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Wow, that is a really really lame name. Everything about that guy just screams bad fan character. I bet Sonic Team, or whoever is making this game, just trolled some Sonic fansites for a few days and found one they liked.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Gaz wrote:There's a new gameplay movie on Gamespot. It shows mostly levels that have already been seen plus some footage of Silver and a brief glimpse at one of the town stages.
Well that's a lot more interesting than the trailer at least. The Sonic areas are genuinely breathtaking but the speed and camera angle make it look damn near impossible to control. The white hedgehog's (Ok, 'Silver' I guess) abilities actually look somewhat interesting too, at the very least he seems to be more worthwhile than Shadow.

I'm not suddenly convinced about the game, but it seems a bit better again now. I'm not feeling like Sonic's funeral is in progression like I was with the revelation Shadow is in it anymore.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

You know what scares me most? the idea that some Sega guys are using some lame Sonic forums to get ideas and copy the worst ones they can found!.