Need for Sonic Underground Rivals (PSP)

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I must be one of the few people who was very indifferent towards Fullmetal Alchemist. I think the premise was good, but the show has a lot of forced drama and forced comedy, ultimately ruining the pacing of a lot of episodes. They write off Izumi's illness as a joke in the most inopportune times, when something like that should be taken seriously. At the same time, I feel those (weak) comedic moments are almost necessary in making the audience feel like the anime isn't taking itself too seriously, because surely without them the whole show would've been one big soap opera.

I also can't seem to give a fuck about <i>any</i> of the characters except the one that was killed off in episode 25. He was like the <i>last</i> person you'd think would be killed off. Well, I guess I like Roy's circle of subordinates too. And maybe Mason.

I wish the series was a bit more refined in terms of pacing the humor and drama. Sometimes I feel the show takes itself too seriously (the voice actors over-acting their lines doesn't really help the show) or too lightly by how they insert a gag that is totally inappropriate for the situation. It's like eating fish sticks and ice cream at the same time.

Of course, I can definitely see why people were so appealed to the show, so I guess it's just not my cup of tea.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

The original Grandia? I haven't played that in ages...

FMA was alright, but it just did not manage to hook my interest. I was not compelled to watch more than a few episodes, and I felt minimal connection to the characters.

That, and I can't get through more than five minutes of the show without calling Ed 'Steve Austin'.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

James McGeachie wrote:Why does every thread always turn into a horrible off-topic disaster?

Zarathustra, if possible I would love to hit you in the face with a shovel.
Go and do your own sterile forum somewhere else. Is because of this that I waste my precious time in this forum and not in, say, Sonic CulT's.

And FMA kicks ass. It's a shame it's games suck, Square Enix could do something better... like a Devil May Cry mod or something...

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Zarathustra wrote:
James McGeachie wrote:Why does every thread always turn into a horrible off-topic disaster?

Zarathustra, if possible I would love to hit you in the face with a shovel.
Go and do your own sterile forum somewhere else. Is because of this that I waste my precious time in this forum and not in, say, Sonic CulT's.
Were you not on the internet, what would your precious time be spent doing?

Reading? Showering? Gardening?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I like how he acts as if Sonic CulT were even an option for him. They'd reach through the internets and castrate him with their teeth.

Which brings me back to the subject of our lax douching. Just one more? Please? It'd be high-larious.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Nah, he's still learning. Lets wait for someone that actually deserves.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

I wasn't talking about him specifically. There are quite a few people that have been here for a while and haven't learnt a thing.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

And they're talking to eachother now.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Ominous!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Mind you, compared to all the new rules laid out after the last server jump, things have been quite lenient to say the least.
Last edited by Omni Hunter on Tue May 23, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

Baba O'Reily wrote:Were you not on the internet, what would your precious time be spent doing?

Probably editing my manga masterpieces "SKY hEAvENs", "Project M.A.X. ~Massive Arcade Xcitement~", and "OmegAlphA". When I get some spare time I'll scan some art for you all to see. That's, again, if I'm not wasting my precious time ^_^.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Ha ha ha. He called them "masterpieces".

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

Alternating caps and tildes work wonders for titles.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

How do you edit a masterpiece anyway? Doesn't the word "masterpiece" denote a finished item?

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

"Blockbuster" denotes a finished product.
Ritz wrote:Alternating caps and tildes work wonders for titles.
I forgot, they're obviously working titles, but as of now they're all the perfect fit for every case.

In fact, the true name of the last one is "Der Neu Anfang ~OmegAlphA~", but could change if the proper german word is Das or Die instead of Der.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Zarathustra wrote:"Blockbuster" denotes a finished product.
No. No it does not.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockbuste ... rtainment)
Check it out.
Blockbuster, as applied to film or theater, is a very popular and/or monetarily-successful production. The term was originally derived from theater slang referring to a particularly successful play; in film industry parlance it has come to refer to a film that earns an amount of revenue exceeding some threshold. In a looser sense, it may mean any big-budget Hollywood movie with famous stars that dominates public attention, even if the movie is a financial dud.
So, since they're not edited and/ or published yet, they can't be blockbusters. But, they could be masterpieces (fuck I'm sure they actually are, half-assed ego trip of mine).
Last edited by Zarathustra on Tue May 23, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

So you're expecting these to be very popular and/or monetarily-successful?

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

... No, I expect that they're even more flawed than the official 2002 Korea/Japan World cup mascots' merchandise, and then I can live solely of being a douchey whore who tried to sell a comic named Sky Heavens or something like it...

Now that's a question.
Oh, and don't forget your brand new forum; I'm looking forward to it ^_^

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I sort of have my own forum.. and it's pretty much nothing but a pile of horrible off-topic disasters.

I think you misinterpreted why I was asking the off-topic question anyway, but that's hardly surprising.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Blockbuster, as applied to film or theater, is a very popular and/or monetarily-successful production. The term was originally derived from theater slang referring to a particularly successful play; in film industry parlance it has come to refer to a film that earns an amount of revenue exceeding some threshold. In a looser sense, it may mean any big-budget Hollywood movie with famous stars that dominates public attention, even if the movie is a financial dud.
NOWHERE IN THERE DOES IT SAY THAT BLOCKBUSTER DENOTES A FINISHED PRODUCT YOU FUCKING MORON.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, all it has to do is dominate public attention. And with pre-movie hype, many movies are Blockbusters before they're even released.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

You mean, like Snakes on a Plane?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Snakes on a Plane is going to be the <i>best movie ever.</i>

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Zarathustra wrote:
Baba O'Reily wrote:Were you not on the internet, what would your precious time be spent doing?

Probably editing my manga masterpieces "SKY hEAvENs", "Project M.A.X. ~Massive Arcade Xcitement~", and "OmegAlphA". When I get some spare time I'll scan some art for you all to see. That's, again, if I'm not wasting my precious time ^_^.
Do you have any that DON'T sound like DDR remixes?

And I've already planned out the next three months of my life in advance just so I can see Snakes on a Plane on opening day.