Dreamcast compilation inbound

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Dreamcast compilation inbound

Post by Senbei »

According to Game Informer, we're getting a Dreamcast collection! No news yet except that it will exist at some point, probably.

To be honest, I already own and have played to death any games are that likely to be included on in such a collection, but it sure would be nice to have them all handy on my PS3, especially since my Dreamcast hasn't been very reliable for the past few years.

The one inclusion I'd really, really like to see is Typing of the Dead.

Crisis

Re: Dreamcast compilation inbound

Post by Crisis »

This could be very exciting, depending on what goes on it. A Saturn compilation would be even better!

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Wait, am I to assume that it's for the HD twins only? The Wii can handle DC games, right? And there are no VC sales to eat into like with Sonic's Genesis Collection.
Crisis wrote:A Saturn compilation would be even better!
No kidding. I know at this point Nights has no way to live up to its hype, but I've got the worst case of gaming blue balls for it.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Crisis wrote:A Saturn compilation would be even better!
Which is exactly why it ain't happening.

Seriously, for 90% of Sega re-releases of late, take most any fun and reasonable idea you can think of and pitch it straight into the dumpster because, After Burner Climax notwithstanding, they are too lazy to do it. :(

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Ah.

Sonic Adventure, Sega Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 Part 2, and Crazy Taxi. 360 and PC. February 22 in the US and 25 in Europe.

Honestly, it's a pretty good round-up of classics, but it's brought low by the fact that three of them are already available via Live and the Playstation Network. I heard that the downloadable version of Crazy Taxi is sans Bad Religion soundtrack, so I guess this is their chance to make up for that. And maybe we'll be getting some better stuff in later collections!

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Sega bass fishing! YESSSSS! THANK YOU SEGA!

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

A local Cash Converters has an old Dreamcast in for £20, still weighing up whether or not to go for it, considering I have SADX on PC and SA2:B on the Cube. Is it worth buying the original console over a compilation such as this?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Farmer wrote:A local Cash Converters has an old Dreamcast in for £20, still weighing up whether or not to go for it, considering I have SADX on PC and SA2:B on the Cube. Is it worth buying the original console over a compilation such as this?
Yes, because it's safe to assume at least 2 of the games on this disc are screwed up (SA1 SADX PC with no widescreen for no reason and probably just the shitty DX graphics, and Crazy Taxi without the soundtrack and licensing immersion), and Sega Bass Fishing has a Wii port you can get for cheap...that is, if it came out in europe. So unless you're starving for Space Channel 5... nor would I be suprised if they went and covered up any references to Space Michael in their infinite cheapness

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Too bad it is not an actual Dreamcast collection with it instead being a (half) terrible-PC-ports collection. I do not really like playing Sonic Adventure with shitty, waxy character models, even if the frame rate is fixed; or Crazy Taxi, with the announcer's voice being below 1980s sound quality (assuming anyone can hear it), all while the most annoying music I have ever heard in a video game plays (playing the re-release of Crazy Taxi was the first time I ever had to turn off the music in a game to continue playing it).

Outside of everyone's favourite plastic freak man, I cannot see the appeal in the other two games. QTE and fishing are not what I want.

Although maybe I might change my mind if the booklet and box look nice! That might require a budget bigger than that of porting these games, however.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Ideally this would come on multiple discs and have Space Channel 5 Part 1 (why only part 2?), Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Shenmue II, Sonic Adventure 2, Chu Chu Rockets, Jet Set Radio, Zombie Revenge, Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, and Daytona USA.

At the same time, I almost don't want them to port these over because I know how poor a job they'd do.
Sega Blog wrote:Early this morning details of the Dreamcast Collection, a boxed version of the first quartet of titles currently slated for re-release as part of the Dreamcast digital re-release program was announced via press release.
Oh.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Radrappy wrote:Sega bass fishing! YESSSSS! THANK YOU SEGA!
Eh. I'd be more impressed if it included SEGA Marine Fishing. I had endless amounts of fun playing the demo of that.

Since I already own all of these games, I don't see the point in buying this.