Suggest me some dramas/plays

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Suggest me some dramas/plays

Post by P.P.A. »

In an unprecedented step (well not entirely, I'll admit to once in a while playing TF2 with a British friend of mine solely for fun...) I have decided that I shall spend some of the lot of time that will come into my possession in the nearing autumn break to *gasp* nothing but the entertainment and enjoyment of myself fulfilling no other purpose!
Since I liked reading Schiller's Don Karlos, Infant von Spanien for school this much, I plan to purchase and read 2 (or 4 depending on how you put it) more dramas of his, Kabale und Liebe and his Wallenstein trilogy.
However, since I would like to further familiarise myself with the English language I would also be curious to read one or two English dramas. I already did so with Romeo and Juliet, can anyone suggest any other good ones?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Re: Suggest me some dramas/plays

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I'm pretty sure Shakespeare isn't a good way to learn English unless you're planning a trip to the 17th century.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I'm pretty sure Shakespeare isn't a good way to learn English unless you're planning a trip to the 17th century.
I'm well enough versed in the common English language, now I just want to refine it.
I frequently express myself as though I was from the 19th century whenever I write anything in German anyway, so it can't make it any worse. Plus this is also for entertainment (I usually never do anything for fun unless it has a different purpose along with it and is productive or constructive in some way).

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I'm pretty sure Shakespeare isn't a good way to learn English unless you're planning a trip to the 17th century.
I bite my thumb at thee!

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Waiting for Godot is the only drama I've ever enjoyed.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

It's not originally in English, but I like me some Aristophanes. It turns out that the Greeks were funny people.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

I enjoyed Art, though it was originally in French.