Post your artwork (56k warning)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

Man I wish I could draw like this. I used to draw but now I mainly write.

Incidently, that first one of Adamis' stopped loading about halfway down. All I see is a row of 3.5 heads. I'm assuming the bottom half is what I think it is...?

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Forgive me for sounding like a retard....but here goes:

YAY, Crash Art. I don't care what anyone saids, I still have a soft spot for that guy, despite the fact that I think 2 out of his 3 PS2 (and other console) games sucked terribly.
~Neo

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Wasn't that girl his sister-turned-girlfriend or vice versa?

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Yea, pretty much. Some dudes at either Sony or Universal thought Tawna (Crash's girlfriend) was too sexy, so they dumped her and replaced her with a little sister for Crash.

Tawna now makes thankless cameo roles as either a photo in Crash's home or a giant billboard-ish thing for some sorta strip joint or something in Twinsanity.
~Neo

EmeraldGuardian

If they can have strip advertisements why not keep Tawna there? :P Crash really did go down after the third game. I truly only like the first Spyro game.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

I never liked Crash: the whole follow-the-path thing made the games far too linear.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Not very good, but my first Ristar sketches:

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

If they can have strip advertisements why not keep Tawna there? :P Crash really did go down after the third game. I truly only like the first Spyro game.

Tawna was gone by the time the second game came out. The whole strip joint (or whatever it's suppose to be) ad in Twinsanity was YEARS later. Gaming has changed. Well, not to mention Crash is under new directions and ownership, so there's that for a reason, I suppose.

And yes, I liked the first Spyro, too. The other two for the PS weren't bad, but I didn't feel connected to it as I did the first. Maybe I felt it went too complicated so suddenly when I enjoy the simplicity of the first one.
I never liked Crash: the whole follow-the-path thing made the games far too linear.

Yea, but that shouldn't stop you from getting Crash Team Racing. It's probably the best Crash game I've ever played and puts a lot of other kart racers to shame, including it's crappy sequel.
~Neo

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

This is the "BattleCat." Sketeched it for a friend of mine who is working on a sci-fi novel. It's a power armor consisting of a living organism sheathed in Titanium-ceramic armor, designed to do little more then protect against micrometeorites. The primary purpose of this 'Cat is to disperse directed EMP attacks (thus the Fresnal lenses atop the shoulders) and to network with the human pilot giving him a super genius intellect capable of controlling several of the ships weapon arrays simultaniously. The "tail" is a teather keeping the 'Cat attached to the ship. This 'Cat is mobile since the story takes place aboard a science vessel, where a fixed system doesn't come standard.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

That's a nice drawing you've got there Chris, does it feature in your friend's sci-fi novel?
Yea, but that shouldn't stop you from getting Crash Team Racing. It's probably the best Crash game I've ever played and puts a lot of other kart racers to shame, including it's crappy sequel.
You raise a good point about CTR (despite not liking Crash a very lot I own the majority of his PSX games): its 1 player mode in particular has quite a lot going for it with the different objectives and bosses you verse in adventure mode compared to the single objective cups in Mario Kart. Of course, multi-player-wise (which incidently enough is the main selling point of this type of games), its inferior to Mario Kart, though the large number of playable characters adds a sort of fun-factor to it.

It's probably Crash at its best and is definately better than most carting games however, most carting games as a rule suck anyway.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

You raise a good point about CTR (despite not liking Crash a very lot I own the majority of his PSX games): its 1 player mode in particular has quite a lot going for it with the different objectives and bosses you verse in adventure mode compared to the single objective cups in Mario Kart. Of course, multi-player-wise (which incidently enough is the main selling point of this type of games), its inferior to Mario Kart, though the large number of playable characters adds a sort of fun-factor to it.

I can't say for sure on which Mario Kart you mean (unless you meant all because my most recent memory is Mario Kart 64 which battle mode I didn't find fun), but I had a tremendous amount of fun time in battle mode alone (Gotta love the witty comments after you win or lose), but to each his or her own opinion.

And Chris, that's a pretty smooth drawing.
~Neo

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

That's a nice drawing you've got there Chris, does it feature in your friend's sci-fi novel?
Thanks. Yep. He made it up and sent me an out-of-story description.
And Chris, that's a pretty smooth drawing.
Thanks. I actually wasn't that fond with how it turned out. When I added the armor it hid a lot of the musculature that I had worked on (which I should have known at the start).

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

I was generally refering to the series as a whole but I haven't actually played 64. The battle system is of course much the same as the Mario Karts though I believe they offer more options. You also can't play co-operatively in the standard mode in CTR, which is understandable of course but if it wasn't for that option, I probably wouldn't have unlocked half the stuff in Double Dash. Another problem with CTR's multiplayer is that you (obviously) need a multi-tap if your planning on getting the most out of it.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

The multi-tap thing I blame Sony for mostly, but the original PS came during a time 4 controllers per system were still new and strictly Nintendo. As for Double Dash, never played it outside of a demo, so I cannot say. I guess we haven't played out fair shares of Mario Kart (you with 64, me with DD).
~Neo

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

First piece of Sonic art I've done in ages.

opinions plz
Last edited by j-man on Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

EmeraldGuardian

All good except...I don't think a flower could grow too well at that altitude. :P

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Ahhh, one of my favorite scenes in Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Nice.
~Neo

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Dude, that's neat. Mega Kudos. If I get time to draw with my new job then I may try out Knuckles fighting Super Mecha Sonic.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

This isn't my artwork, but it is artwork that was presented to me.

I've recently started reading the works of Philip K. Dick, who is an excellent sci-fi writer. I read a bunch of his stories the other day, in a short story book, and after I realized he was the man behind Blade Runner, and saw the trailer for his next work being adapted for the screen (A Scanner Darkly, check the trailer here: http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/ ... railer.php), I decided I'd better pick that book up.

I made the right choice, as the book is excellent.

Anywho, I also post over on the ocremix forums. And a gentleman named Plastikbag made me this sweet sig:

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Here ya go everybodypeeps. Knuckles making his way down from the Flying Battery to Sandopolis. ;D. Still needs a bit of tidying up though.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Something hilariously serious about Knuckles' expression there. Looks good though (same for J-man!)

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Thanks for all teh comments, ever'buddy. Also, Omni's picture is sweet. :)