Why Capcom, WHY!!!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I can't be certain, but Inafune made a comment that sounded along the lines of "it's PSP or nothing" for the remakes. It was in response to the confusion when so many of the promised features for X Collection got the chop, supposedly by his request (or demand if you want to look at it that way).
Yeah, but now Inafune is gone and the PSP is already on its deathbed.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Luckett X wrote:just need Treasure to stop making games and Team Ico to quit and I can give up on gaming altogether. Phew, well its been 22 years, guess it had to end somewhere!

Really, this industry is turgid shit. If a creative masterpiece like Okami can't cement a new studio's position in it, then theres not really much hope at all for the future.
Totally true, its seems nowadays the business is in making characters and licensing them...then I wonder, Why cant Sega license Sonic to a Company that can do a good Sonic game?.
Parn wrote:Actually, Atsushi Inaba and a lot of the team members left Capcom awhile ago. Capcom closed the doors on a studio that was already abandoned.
Idiots, wait, if its almost whole studio, it may have better luck than the poor Naoto...

But since they probably won’t be together, they will suck, oh yeah, how much they will suck…

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Clover is back!

It seems the minds behind some of Capcom's best games (namely, Atsushi Inaba) have conglomerated to create a new studio: Seeds, Inc. I don't think I need to say exactly how awesome this news is. Let's just hope that Gibbon's predictions on the last page won't come fully true.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hopefully they can be lured over to the Wii. I'd love to see what those guys would do with the controller.

KitsuneDarkStalker

Post by KitsuneDarkStalker »

I stopped caring about what Capcom did after they stopped making Street Fighter and Darkstalkers games.

Fighting games and other arcade style games are perfection to me....innovation, meh...it's alright, because it brings games like Spore, but it's really not too much of a big deal.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Speaking of Clover... I've been playing God Hand. What's the deal with that game? It's like a modern Black Belt (japanese Master System's Hokuto no Ken) or something...

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

KitsuneDarkStalker wrote:innovation, meh...it's alright, because it brings games like Spore, but it's really not too much of a big deal.
Innovation is the biggest deal there is.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Only if it isn't at the expense of good ideas and traditions.

Hint hint, Sonic Team.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I really don't think you can call having three characters at once or giving a furry combined version of the Punisher/Wolverine/Ghost Rider guns "innovation".

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I've read in EGM a few issues back that Capcom was thinking about releasing Street Fighter 4 in 2008. That's just from memory, so I might be wrong about that.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well, good creators will have to do what Steve Purcell did with Sam and Max, kept bugging until someone gets interested in the new videogame project.

KitsuneDarkStalker

gr4yJ4Y wrote:I've read in EGM a few issues back that Capcom was thinking about releasing Street Fighter 4 in 2008. That's just from memory, so I might be wrong about that.
We can hope! ^_^

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I stopped caring about what Capcom did after they stopped making Street Fighter and Darkstalkers games.
So you never played <i>Phoenix Wright</i>? If so, shame on you. Shame.

Otherwise, this clearly contradicts what you just said. Tell the truth!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Yeah, what Shadow Hog said!

Oh yeah--I thought MegaMan ZX was pretty good, too.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Megman ZX2 is on the way. Actually it's called Megaman ZXA (A stands for Axl, which is the Livemetal players start with, and for Advent, which is a typical Japanese "cool engrish word" title thing). I'm actually excited. Especially since it looks like the boy and girl stories will be drastically different this time.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

*was the guy that first mentioned it in that "2007 predictions" thread*

Yeah, AND they're bringing back Pandora / Prometheus, which is sweet. I'm looking forwards to ZXA with great anticipation.

KitsuneDarkStalker

Shadow Hog wrote:
So you never played <i>Phoenix Wright</i>? If so, shame on you. Shame.

Otherwise, this clearly contradicts what you just said. Tell the truth!
OK, Pheonix Wright IS good...but ntohing else.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

<i>Resident Evil 4</i>, and pretty much everything the team mentioned in this thread made (such as <i>Okami</i>).

Of course, none are as original as <i>PW</i> (although <i>Okami</i>'s pushing that), but still.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Well I guess you don't play many quality games as they're probably the strongest Japanese developer out there at the moment, or at least were before the recent staff departures. They have a huge number of quality franchises and the number keeps going up, with great recent releases such as Lost Planet. Also anyone who hasn't at least played Resident Evil 4 in some form I really don't consider a worthwhile gamer.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

What the heck, at this rate, they will never do Marvel vs Capcom 3...

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Shadow Hog wrote:Of course, none are as original as <i>PW</i> (although <i>Okami</i>'s pushing that), but still.
What's so original about Phoenix Wright? It's a straightforward text adventure, which hasn't been "original" in... Ever.
Arcade wrote:What the heck, at this rate, they will never do Marvel vs Capcom 3...
Of course they won't, because EA currently has the rights to Marvel fighting games.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It's the story and characters -- ie: the most important element in games of that genre -- that make the game original, 'holic.

But then again, the whole interrogation/contradiction system that drives the gameplay isn't something I've ever really seen in another text adventure game, either.

I play a lot of adventure games and there's no denying that Phoenix Wright has a pretty distinct feel to it.

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

Capitalism sure is fun!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Let's just hope that Gibbon's predictions on the last page won't come fully true.
Even if they do, we should be good for at least 1 or 2 cool, non-sequel games before they go bankrupt.

What of the Ico team, incidentally? Have they starved to death yet?