Post your artwork (56k warning)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Kishi

Post by Kishi »

That last one reminds me of Robo Keaton from <a href="http://zanyvgquotes.com/aerofighters2/index.html">Aero Fighters 2</a>.

Madamluna

Post by Madamluna »

You're very close, actually. It's his form from Aero Fighters 3.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Nice stuff, I especially like the second pic. As for the Light guy's name, well, all of the knights are named after spices or condaments (Pepperochau, Garluch, etc), so you could try to work from there. Cinnamarth? I dunno.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Just sort of finished off doing this for my brother's Skimboarding 'crew'. Haven't done vector drawing since forever, and I want to do it, dammit >:( Damned lack of time. It's meant for a T-Shirt design.

Here's the original:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/877/ ... nal8eb.jpg

Criticisms? Drawing Sonic has ruined me ability to draw feet, but other than that, I think I didn't do too badly :)

Suit_Girl

Post by Suit_Girl »

I've never been able to properly draw feet because I spent most of my young life drawing Sonic characters, too. :)

That's a nice character design, by the way.

Saturnman

Post by Saturnman »

Rlan wrote:Image

Just sort of finished off doing this for my brother's Skimboarding 'crew'. Haven't done vector drawing since forever, and I want to do it, dammit >:( Damned lack of time. It's meant for a T-Shirt design.

Here's the original:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/877/ ... nal8eb.jpg

Criticisms? Drawing Sonic has ruined me ability to draw feet, but other than that, I think I didn't do too badly :)
Ah, you post at GA. I recognize that pic from the art thread.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Cool work Rlan, the guy looks a Bomberman-esque, so thumbs up in my book!

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Saturnman wrote: Ah, you post at GA. I recognize that pic from the art thread.
ImageImageImage

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I don't get it. I like Vector's eyes though.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

It's definitly from a stage I didn't play in StH. One with Vector, and... well, a computer room that has to be found.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

A John Lennon thingy I did a couple of days ago.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Look at that grin. I'd never have thought vying for world peace could be so mischievous.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I'm thinking of using this as a t-shirt design, so feedback'd be greatly appreciated. I know that the character design might be a little out there, but what about the spin on Teddy Roosevelt's catchphrase? Too sickeningly cute?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

You know... I think a good idea would be to put the message on the shirt's front side, and the girl on the back side. At least, it's my first impression.
Anyway, looks cute.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

The winking eye is a bit awkwardly placed, though.

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

Too far to the left, yes? I'm also thinking about pulling back the forehead a bit and shifting her left foot.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Go for it. You can count your money in hell, right next to the people that created MegaTokyo, that stupid Snakes on a Plane song, and Trostky.

Trotsky's burning in hell and you know it.

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

Hey, if it means making a couple of bucks without spending more time in big business retail. Anyway, I'm not quite sure I'm going to use it and feeling I needed some feedback on it, I came here. If your impression is that it's completely soul-less and unappealingly generic, then I might not use it.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'm not knocking the artwork, which is rather good. I'm knocking the message and the culture that would flock to that message. I didn't mean it as a personal attack. As far as the artwork goes, I rather enjoy it, personally, but to market it would be selling yourself short.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

To market it would be selling himself short of what?

The winking eye is also shorter than the other eye, even though it's closed, since the "top" of the eye is drawn, it should be spaced the same as the other eye. I'm a little bothered by the pants, as if rather than bulging or wrinkling, they seem in some places to actually be cutting into where her leg ought to be. Her right breast (on our left) appears to be smaller than the other one, and her right arm, supporting the sword, should be bent at the elbo. I'd give the chain a more relaxed curve.

It's a nice idea and not a bad looking picture, but I'd fix some of those spots (especially the eye) before putting it on a tshirt.

Senbei

Post by Senbei »

I didn't take offense, Baba, if that's what you're getting at. In fact, I wanted to hear whether or not the message seemed too much of a sell-out strategy and, if it is, then whether or not I can salvage the artwork, if not the concept.

Basically, I'm trying for a design that's more feminine, and, being a male, teenage, awkward geek, I'm relatively clueless as to how I should approach it. It boils down to my lack of a girlfriend, really.

And G.Silver, regarding her right arm: does it not appear to be bent? Perhaps if I add a bit more shading below the shoulder to imply depth?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Well, it's possible that it's bent, but her body is facing one way, and the sword should be perpendicular to that, so it rests against her back (that's what it looks like now). So her arm should be "facing" the same way, so as to be flat against the sword. Her body is not facing us directly, but her arm is. Try mimicking her pose yourself and I think you'll find it's more comfortable if everything lines up. The main thing though, is if her arm is viewed more from the side and you can actually see the bend she'll have a stronger silhouette.

You could just shade it a bit, but I don't think it would be as effective.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Not my work, but I noticed it on the way home from work and felt it deserved to be in this thread.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Damn cool, but I'm starting to get burned out on this pixel perfect retro stuff.

Made the basic image a while this a while back but touched it up yesterday. I'm thinking of giving it the ink 'n color treatment but I feel like there's something I should fix about it. Don't know what.

I'll post something other than Fanart next time. Promise!

EDIT:

Promised didn't I?=P All in good fun though. I realize I wasn't all that specific last time. This time I will be.

I changed the background which I think makes a big difference. It might be a little busy now, but it beats the heck out of the lame-ass inaccurate one that was there. Caterkiller(Nal) is less vengeful now too. I'm wondering though... is the "transition" Sonic overkill?

In the end, this is the kind of image that has been done a million times(and better ) so I'm really looking at it as a chance to practice some inking and coloring techniques. I'm not very good at either as I don't get my stuff past the penciling stage all that often, so any tips would be appriciated.