SH:UG

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I've never heard of him, but his art doens't look all that bad. I mean, on a technical level. Does he draw anything other than perverted animals?

CM August

Post by CM August »

I've seen some clean art by him, though most of the stuff he draws is sexual. I don't really have a problem with that, though my favourite drawing is probably this clean one. I like the mood of it.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

J.E.Smith wrote:I think that was some Battle Angel pic. Ya know, the guy who draws way too much Sonic/Tails/Knuckles yaoi stuff.(The right number of those to draw is zero)
I would disagree with you, being a yaoi fangirl, but putting sex and Sonic together just makes me sad. D:

J.E.Smith

Post by J.E.Smith »

That's what I meant. I was referring to Sonic yaoi, not yaoi as whole.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I would disagree with you, being a yaoi fangirl, but putting sex and Sonic together just makes me sad. D:
How would you even have butsex with someone with razors on his back?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Zeta wrote:How would you even have butsex with someone with razors on his back?
I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT. ;_;

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

...*Practices self-restraint*

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

^Thank you.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

You're going to crumble his resolve.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Zeta wrote:How would you even have butsex with someone with razors on his back?
Ouch. If that were the case, Knuckles would have been cut to ribbons during his numerous fights with Sonic. Not to mention the occasions Amy's hugged the blue guy (and, uh, Shadow) from behind.

I thought of Sonic as a blue cannonball plowing into enemies by force, with the spines being a shock absorber. Makes more sense than blue razors that can pierce metal, anyway.

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

I don't think God designed hedgehogs with shock absorbers in mind.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I thought of Sonic as a blue cannonball plowing into enemies by force, with the spines being a shock absorber. Makes more sense than blue razors that can pierce metal, anyway.
Exactly. Sonic doesn't even have to be spinning really. If he ran into a guy at full speed he would have the effect of a tank round.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

And somehow this does'nt work on robots.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It does in the animes. And you aren't running 340 meters per second in the game.

Brazillian Cara

I could swear that he was using the homing attack. Oh, and speaking of anime, I need to update my Sonic X dubbing thread.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

chriscaffee wrote:It does in the animes. And you aren't running 340 meters per second in the game.
Is the Sonic anime's "official" cannon material for the Sonic universe? I always believed that it wasn't (because of Chris and the other humans in the show, excluding Eggman of course).

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Humans + Sonic Adventure.

You need to watch Sonic X's mid-series episodes, when they started tying everything in with the games. I don't know whether it's official or not, but it does make some form of sense.

Brazillian Cara

The simple fact that the producers fill most of the games plotholes in these episodes is enough reason to watch them. And that reporter's side story in the SA2 adaptation.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Double-S- wrote:You need to watch Sonic X's mid-series episodes, when they started tying everything in with the games. I don't know whether it's official or not, but it does make some form of sense.
Out of interest, is there any plot adaptation of the Sonic games after SA2 in Sonic X (I would love for the producers to make any sense of the Heroes plot)? And if so, is the actual show any good? I heard Sonic himself got quite a limited amount of screen time compared to the Chris character.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Dunjohn wrote:I don't think God designed hedgehogs with shock absorbers in mind.

That's actually what the spines are for.
One of the best shock-absorbers in biology is the spiny covering of the hedgehog: the spines are short and difficult to bend, and have complex internal structures that reinforce them against buckling. These are the properties to cushion the animal when it falls out of a tree (a common occurrence).

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I didn't think hedgehogs climbed trees. They seem more like burrowing creatures to me.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I had a pet hedgehog when I was little. He enjoyed burrowing through the carpet, and pretty much anything else.

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

CM August wrote:
Dunjohn wrote:I don't think God designed hedgehogs with shock absorbers in mind.

That's actually what the spines are for.
One of the best shock-absorbers in biology is the spiny covering of the hedgehog: the spines are short and difficult to bend, and have complex internal structures that reinforce them against buckling. These are the properties to cushion the animal when it falls out of a tree (a common occurrence).
I stand corrected. God wins this round.

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn »

I was just flicking through the Archie covers on the X-Box version of Sonic Mega Collection Plus today, to see if there are any extra ones over the GameCube version (which I traded in against the price of this one). That's him! On the cover of the Sonic Special Sabrina Shcrossover! The GREEN Sonic from Underground! And I'd always thought that was Bean the Duck.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It's also a Sonic Underground crossover issue. The art for the Sabrina story is horrid as is the story. The story is tolerable for the SU crossover and the art is pretty good. I think Harvey did it, if my memory isn't failing me.