What's your OVERALL favorite Sonic game!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.

Which is you favorite

Sonic 1 (The mother of them all)
No votes
Sonic 2 (The huge step up)
16%
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (The longest Sonic game yet)
47%
Chaotix (even though Sonic's not playable this game was still cool)
No votes
Sonic 3D Blast (no comment)
No votes
Sonic R
No votes
Sonic Adventure 1 (the best 3D Sonic game)
13%
Sonic Adventure 2 (A small step down)
3%
Sonic Heroes (A Huge step down)
6%
Other
16%

Total votes: 32

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

OMG I NO OMGWTFLOLBBC!!11!eleven

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Sonic3 & Knuckles, yup. Last and best game before the decline, and still a pretty damn fine game after the thing.

Actually, I'm surprised it took this long for a Favourite Game poll to appear. Aren't they a given?

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

Where is Sonic CD? O_o

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Owen Axel wrote:Sonic3 & Knuckles, yup. Last and best game before the decline, and still a pretty damn fine game after the thing.
Sonic Adventure was almost good enough to be a 'best' game- the supporting cast (with their short levels that feel like unfinished mini-games) let the game down, but the imagination in the Sonic levels and the story make up for it.

The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

I can still play through all of S3&K without stopping or dying, given that I have the time available.

Yeah, I'm hardcore.
That's hardcore? Try taking 9:59 to finish each level to get the massive point bonus. Now that's hardcore! (And no, I haven't done, it I always fall 2 or 3 levels short, and these days, I don't have the time or patience to try to do it again.)
Sonic 3 & Knuckles doesn't deserve half the praise it gets. Sonic 2 was a better and more entertaining game.
You sir, are a buffoon. S3&K is easily the better game overall. However, as a 2 player game, S2 is far superior.

daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Re: What's your OVERALL favorite Sonic game!

Post by daytonafathead »

Biby128 wrote:Sonic Heroes (A Huge step down).
How is Sonic Heroes a huge step down. It was a game made to bring back the old sonic style and it even brought back the special stages, the chaotix, and Big the Cat. Plus, there was nothing but action like the old games. Sonic Adventure 2 was the BIGGEST step down in sonic history. I wanted the old school sonic back like a sandwich eying a jar of tasty mayonaise, wanting to rub it all over it's balogna. If sonic adventure 2 was worse then sonic heroes, then my name's Garfunkle Bernard III. :shock:

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I really felt good about Sonic Heroes by the time I was nearing the end of Team Sonic's story. My opinion didn't drop until I realised that I was going to have to play through more or less the exact same levels with the three other parties, and that the story wasn't going to get better until the very, very, VERY end.

Spazz

Re: What's your OVERALL favorite Sonic game!

Post by Spazz »

daytonafathead wrote:
Biby128 wrote:Sonic Heroes (A Huge step down).
How is Sonic Heroes a huge step down. It was a game made to bring back the old sonic style and it even brought back the special stages, the chaotix, and Big the Cat. Plus, there was nothing but action like the old games. Sonic Adventure 2 was the BIGGEST step down in sonic history. I wanted the old school sonic back like a sandwich eying a jar of tasty mayonaise, wanting to rub it all over it's balogna. If sonic adventure 2 was worse then sonic heroes, then my name's Garfunkle Bernard III. :shock:
Yeah, not too many people understand this, Sonic Heroes WASN'T supposed to have a story line. It was meant to be a modern version of the classics, which lacked, or really didn't have much of a storyline at all. If you look, the hillsides are checkered and the levels are all just as colorful as the the old ones. Also, they even brought back some old sound effects from the classics, which I really liked.

Also, I really enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2. It was a really good innovation for the Sonic series because of the in depth storylines and the new ways to play, and it was almost just as glitchy as the old ones. (Like the camera, for example.) ^_^;

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Sonic Heroes is NOTHING like the old games. I never got so frustrated that I threw my controller across the room at the old games. I never swore after the nhundreth time the controls went wonky and sent my characters careening into nothingness at the old games. The old games were fun. SH was a chore and I only got through it to say that I got through it. The bosses were a joke and the levels were cheap and the special stages were unnecesarily difficult until you figured them out, and then they were ridiculously simple.

Sonic Heroes is shit.

Dache

Post by Dache »

Delphine wrote:Sonic Heroes is shit.

Segata

Post by Segata »

Sonic Adventure for me. It's what got me into Sega in the first place.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Late bloomer, eh? How old were you when your balls dropped? ;P

Just kidding.

Segata

Post by Segata »

I was a Nintendo kind of kid. Sega people spat at me. :confused:

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

*spits*

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

Sonic. Fucking. CD.

Yes, I just registered to post my opinion on this single matter. So shoot me.

SuperCroc

Post by SuperCroc »

Sonic3 & K is the best Classic.

The Almighty Bunghole

Post by The Almighty Bunghole »

and that the story wasn't going to get better until the very, very, VERY end.
Since when do we play Sonic games for the story? (Or any game for that matter, but that's another arguement for another day).

I mean, Sonic 1's story isn't exactly an enthralling epic tale of one hedgehog's desire to rid the world of the creations of one fat man. And it's not as though the story changed for Sonic 2 either. Same story, different game. If people played Sonic games for the story, this site would never have been made.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

The Almighty Bunghole wrote:
and that the story wasn't going to get better until the very, very, VERY end.
Since when do we play Sonic games for the story?
Since Sonic Adventure told me that Sonic games could have one, and that they could work.

Expectations, once raised, are not as easily lowered again. Or rather, are not as painlessly lowered again.

Blue Gale
News Guy

Post by Blue Gale »

Sonic CD is the best 2D platform game ever created. Why in all of your spammy glory did you not include it in your idiotic poll?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

plasticwingsband wrote:Oh, and I like Sonic 2 the best, as it came with my first Genesis (which just so happened to be the first console I ever had). Oh, how nostalgia so easily rules my emotions.
That's funny, my first console was a Genesis back in '91 that came with Sonic 1. I really think that is the only reason I ever really liked him. If I got a SNES instead it probably would have been Mario or something.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Light Speed wrote:
plasticwingsband wrote:Oh, and I like Sonic 2 the best, as it came with my first Genesis (which just so happened to be the first console I ever had). Oh, how nostalgia so easily rules my emotions.
That's funny, my first console was a Genesis back in '91 that came with Sonic 1. I really think that is the only reason I ever really liked him. If I got a SNES instead it probably would have been Mario or something.
Yeah, it's funny, because I always wanted a SNES, but ended up getting a Genesis instead. But, incidentally, to this day my Genesis has brought me much more joy than my SNES ever has.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

plasticwingsband wrote:Yeah, it's funny, because I always wanted a SNES, but ended up getting a Genesis instead. But, incidentally, to this day my Genesis has brought me much more joy than my SNES ever has.
Same here, the first console I got was the Genesis and came with Sonic 2. The funny thing is, before that all I wanted was an SNES, then later on that same day I got an SNES that came 2 games. Super Mario World and Super Mario All Stars. (So that's like, a total of 5 games.) But the Genesis still was alot better! ^_^

hello.jpg

Post by hello.jpg »

I second the "Where the fuck is Sonic CD?". Cunts.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

It's in "Other" But yeah, I think it should be on the list too. That game actually had a good storyline.
Biby128 wrote:My bad, I was running out of option room.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Spazz wrote:It's in "Other" But yeah, I think it should be on the list too. That game actually had a good storyline.
And that nifty opening animation. Can't forget that.