Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Yeah, would be cool to choose certain AT to spawn more than others like the other items.

But NVM, Im sure they will be like Pokeballs where its random characters, still would be cool if for example Captain Falcon has more of a chance of spawing Samurai Goro than lets say Mario.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Since Sonic is now a playable character, I'm hoping for Nights to appear as an assist trophy.
It would be strange and awesome if this character appeared in SSBB.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Yes it would be. I don't think he'll be a playable character (if he's in at ALL), but he'd make a good AT should another Capcom character get in.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

We should wait till the FIRST Capcom character gets in. : p

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

"another" as in "a different", not as in "a second". :P

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

"a second" yes. Because deep inside we know Megaman is gonna be in it.

And his AT will be Protoman, not any other Capcom character.

Anyway, I really don't get why so many people think they would put Geno in it. Geno is cool and stuff, but he's from ONE game made 10 years ago by SQUARE. It would be incredibly random to put Geno in it.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

He didn't even have any personality, either. He was just there to take up space in your party till you could replace him with Bowser.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Well, it's confirmed that Lucas plays differently from Ness. But the "until now" quote seems to indicate Ness still won't be coming back regardless, which is lame.

aso

Post by aso »

Which has already been met with a somewhat predictable, if understandable, outcry from the GameFAQers, among others.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

That fool! Does he not understand that we live in a world where Lucas and Ness can peacefully coexist? If Pichu and Dr. Mario are also cut, I'll pretend Ness heroically sacrificed himself to destroy them, along with Young Link.

This wouldn't be such bad news if Nintendo weren't stubborn bastards about releasing Mother 3 in North America. Ness was someone I knew. To me, Lucas is still just some kid that looks like Ness.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I wouldn't have minded so much if Lucas was just Ness in a different costume, but actually changing half of his moves seems like it'd be worthy of keeping the old kid in, as much as Luigi is in every game and he's just Mario with a couple of different moves. I guess Sakurai really hates Mother 2 and really likes Mother 3.
This wouldn't be such bad news if Nintendo weren't stubborn bastards about releasing Mother 3 in North America. Ness was someone I knew. To me, Lucas is still just some kid that looks like Ness.
Motto. To me, Ness is a character from a fun and original game and Lucas is from a depressing version of that same game that tried to mix Earthbound with Evangelion.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

As much as I like Earthbound/Mother 2 and seeing that I never played Mother 3(yet), this really doesn't upset me. Lucas was meant to replace Ness in Melee 'until the news of the Mother 3 delay.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Mother 3 is Mother 2 + Link's Awakening + Angst. It fails. Angst really doesn't belong in series with a character who has a constantly vacant smile and attacks with yoyos.

I also like how nearly every other series except for Mother is worthy of two characters. :roll:

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Well, Mother isn't exactly a popular franchise no matter how insanely devoted the fanbase is. Metroid is a more well-known series despite leaning more towards the hardcore, and I would say it deserves to have a bit more playable charcters than Mother.

Like it or not, the roster simply a popularity contest. The more successful your franchise is around the world based on sales and tenacity of the brand, the more representation it will get in this game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Too bad Metroid only has two important characters in the whole franchise that aren't giant brains in a jar while Mother has a large cast of interesting and important characters.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Also so sad that fucking nothing in Brawl is ever enough for you.

Concerning Lucas, i'm a little suprised there's so much bawling over Ness getting the chop and so few are trying to overanalyze this:
There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.
That's a plot point I don't remember coming up when I skimmed through the Mother 3 dialogue. So did Sakurai or the NoA translators get the wrong meaning across?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Also so sad that fucking nothing in Brawl is ever enough for you.
The updates have been either shitty ("look! This is a bat!") or downright trollish ("I bet he would've made an awesome playable character 2 bad 4 j00 he's not! L01, I call the shots, bitches!") lately.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

It's basically a free continuous preview of the entire game- as long as there's something even remotely interesting every few days I don't really see a problem. I didn't think there was any pretense of 100% grade-A information every day at any point, especially after the delay was announced.

Besides, if there's intense outcry from pissed off fans every time they show a new assist trophy that's not a playable character I can't see much reason to reveal any more of them. Unless it's to taunt them. Because they're fanboys.

Of course if you're <i>really</i> sick of the updates you can just quit cold turkey.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I'm pissed at Capcom because Arthur was just a Helper. They could've made him fucking playable!
I'm really, really pissed. Seriously.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Personally, I wish they'd never started this Smash Bros blog, because then we wouldn't have to suffer through thousands of whiny little internet bitches crying about how there isn't an earth-shattering update every single day.

I love the way that, with an update schedule that is going to result in a minimum of 200 blog entries, there are still people who are apparently honestly surprised that each one isn't a huge announcement. How the hell can there possibly be 200 or more mind-blowing revelations about a single game?

"Oh man, Wednesday's update sure was shitty, way to go Nintendo."

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR MISPLACED DISAPPOINTMENT, YOU NEEDY FANBOY WANKERS

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I'm hoping that earth shattering announcements will end as of the next few weeks, knowing too much about the game before it comes out ruins a great deal of the fun because there are no secrets to uncover. One of the greatest parts of Melee was that going into it I knew nothing about it, therefore every unlockable thing was like opening a Christmas gift, and it was great. Now depending on how much information Sakurai keeps on divulging, I might have to avoid the internet in order not to learn everything about this game before it comes out.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Zeta wrote:Too bad Metroid only has two important characters in the whole franchise that aren't giant brains in a jar while Mother has a large cast of interesting and important characters.
Well, if we are going by franchises that has a huge cast of interesting characters, then Fire Emblem should get a larger representation in this game than say Kirby. However, that's really silly since most of the FE characters aren't recognizable to a large number of folks since it is not a multi-million selling game. Metroid sold 13 million games since it's creation, spawned a few comics, and at one point was considered to be developed as a live-action movie. Mother has none of this, no matter how great the setting and characters are. Fire Emblem and Star Fox despite being part of the 'smaller group' of Nintendo's major franchises are possibly bigger than Mother.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, I honestly would have prefered one "good" update per week than days and days of crap. Or even one glut of a little bit of good information than what he's doing now.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Which is having fun with people because he knows that right now they are hanging on his every word. He probably looks forward to updating about the font style because it will throw the internet into tumult; and then just when people start to stop paying attention he will post an update about how it will harness the power of the sun and bake your meals for you.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I can honestly say I have no real updates that disapoint me--but I'm easier to please than most.