Spider-Man 3 Venom artwork

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

If so, it's been a while. Y'know Zeta, when you went on about Peter losing his eye, vampires and spider gods I was kinda expecting sarcasm, not an actual explanation of the story.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

WW wrote:
Zeta wrote:Are there really that many frog women running around?
I found three.

Reminds me of how Street Sharks was the only TMNT rip-off with an official female member.
Last edited by Rob-Bert on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Street sharks? Don't even get me started on that crap, I mean, "Moby Lick" must have been some perverse idea. Here we have four sharks who eat concrete and metal plus a fucking whale who licks enemies and must be popular with the ladies. The toy looked like something from a wierd sex shop too, with the waggling tongue.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Y'know Zeta, when you went on about Peter losing his eye, vampires and spider gods I was kinda expecting sarcasm, not an actual explanation of the story.
No sarcastic story I could come up with would be weirder than what's been happening in Spiderman the last two years.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It could've been that the vampire in question is in fact Peter himself, having travelled from the future with the sole purpose of explaining the unexplainable past of the man who once ate his eye.

I mean, it's weirder, right there.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Link

The final Spider-Man 3 trailer. Little bits of Venom sprinkled about.

(Pause at 2:45 to see Venom flying through the air, shooting a black web.)

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

cjmcray wrote:Link

The final Spider-Man 3 trailer. Little bits of Venom sprinkled about.

(Pause at 2:45 to see Venom flying through the air, shooting a black web.)
I'm interested in seeing how they're going to make sure the Sandman is neither superfluous nor overegging the pudding.

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

New Spider-man 3 Trailer. Includes more Venom scenes:

720P High-def:
Click Here

Slightly different Youtube Version:
Click Here

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Peter seeing Venom as his reflection in the mirror, from above trailer.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Kind of reminds me of that scene in HULK when Banner had the dream where he saw the Hulk in the mirror and it grabbed him.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

They used that in the 1990s Spider-Man cartoon.

Vector

Post by Vector »

It was even stupider than it sounds.
THAT. IS. NOT. POSSIBLE.

*reads comic page*

Oh my god, it actually is.

A vampire who only hunts animal-spirit superpeople. Right. Just bring out Stiltman or any ridiculous villain on seanbaby or superdickery.

Wasn't J. Michael Strazynski the creator of Babylon 5? That was at least sometimes well written. Him writing Spider-Man sounded pretty cool when I first heard it. That story is so bad I wouldn't even call it bad fanfic territory. I think you could have a fanfic Spider-Man/DBZ crossover complete with bad spelling and ridiculous pairings and it would be better than that. Oh yeah, didn't he do Gwen Stacy x Green Goblin? Ok, I think you could probably find better Spider-Man slash. Sheesh.

On the subject of Spider-Man movies, I'd like to see them bring over Kingpin from Daredevil. He's a good character played by a good actor and they barely used him in that stupid movie. I've never particularly liked Mysterio (his character design is ridiculous, and only seeing him in the cartoon and the Sega CD game, I'm not too familiar with any interesting qualities he may have), but if it's Bruce Campbell I'd go for that. It'd be amusing to turn what appeared to be cameos for a cult favorite Raimi actor into an actual character who had been mildly annoying Spider-Man in the previous movies. The jobs he had were show business related, too. Personally I'd like to see it played for humor, but that wouldn't really fit the mood of the movies so far.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Mysterio was in the game adaptation of Spiderman 2, and played pretty much for humor - he was a special effects jerk who thought Spiderman was just a SFX dude who was better than him and wanted to kill him. Then after Spiderman defeated him, he decided to use his effects to pose as an alien to try to take over New York. It didn't work, and Spiderman took him down in one punch when Mysterio was robbing a convience store. Hilarious. What a tool.

Oh, just finished reading Year 2 of Ultimate Spiderman. The only copy I could find had a screwed up jacket and some bends in the pages, but it was mostly alright - although still frustratingly expensive for that kind of mildly annoying damage. Anyways - Kraven + Steve Irwin was pretty funny. Ultimate Nick Fury seems very incompetent compared to 616 Nick Fury though.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Zeta wrote:Ultimate Nick Fury seems very incompetent compared to 616 Nick Fury though.
Well, apparently he makes up for it a little bit by being Samuel L. Jackson.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Playing Mysterio for laughs would be an utter waste of one of Marvel's coolest villains. There's just so much that can be done with him, especially on a visual level.

His costume alone is still one of the very best.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Mysterio one of the coolest villains ever? He's a Mythbuster gone wrong with a fishbowl on his head.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Or even the Duke of Zill infused with reptile DNA.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It looks like the seeds for fixing that storyline have already been planted. The mystical Spidergod has for some reason, reincarnated herself into a nurse that's hitting on Flash Thompson and plotting with Mysterio. My guess is that there's some scifi explanation for the whole thing and she dies, fixing everything - somehow.

If I really had to explain it, I'd do it by saying that the Spider that bit Peter 10 years ago survived and gained humanoid qualities as Peter gained Spider-like ones, eventually mutating into a female human/spider hybrid with an empathic link to Peter, generally using telepathy and her control over Spiders to fuck with Peter and to somehow hypnotize and broadcast her abilities to others - explaining the old man who claimed to be the last user of the mystical Spider power - her telepathy and control over insects and arachnids created the illusion she was a spider godess appearing in Peter's dreams. Her proximity to Peter in recent years excaserbated both of their mutantions, but with her dead Peter returns to "normal".

The vampire thing could easily be explained as an abandoned project from Jameson's Spiderhunter project that created the Scorpion. Morlun, the guy who thinks he's a vampire that feeds on people with spider spirits could just be some genetically engineered human with false memory implants that make him think he needs to eat Spiderman.

There, with that done, the mystical mumbo jumbo explained away, everyone could move on.

Vector

Post by Vector »

plotting with Mysterio
They should just say that crap was an illusion and ditch it. Too bad it tied in with the continuities of other comics or they could just call it a dream.

What is so cool about Mysterio, VCP? Illusions are a useful ability for framing Spider-Man, and playing some mind games, but I just can't take the guy seriously because he has a giant fishbowl on his head. Playing a character for laughs doesn't necessarily mean they're not a threat or important to the plot, BTW. Green Goblin in the first movie was standing on the edge between serious villain and camp and it worked. I say that it could be a humorous role mostly because Bruce Campbell playing a character generally means that said character is somebody totally over the top, and I can't see a character in the more grounded movie universe wearing that costume without being a joke.