Sonic the Hedgehog 360 defecation station

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
J.E.Smith

Post by J.E.Smith »

Actually, it turns out that the reason that the PS3 version was delayed because Sega hadn't finished either version yet, and they still needed to polish up the gameplay more and add in some extra stuff(Such as an extra stage, online multiplayer, being able to use all of your partner charcters in any stage after completing a story,etc.).

However, Mircosoft wanted the 360 version to be out as quick as possible, so they forced Sega to get it out the door on its originally planned date. So the 360 version is an unfinished game!

So it seems the PS3 may well be the completed game with the gameplay polished up and the extra content that didn't make it into the 360 version thanks to Mircosoft rushing them.

We'll see if it makes any difference in the reviews though...

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I don't believe you.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

HABEEB IT

...in all seriousness, though, this may not be the first time I've heard the story but I still have a hard time buying it. It's plausible, maybe, but they're not going to fully fix up the game in the one month they've given themselves to do just that. The PS3 version will be about as bad, I would think.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

being able to use all of your partner charcters in any stage after completing a story,etc.).
You can already do that, but you need to finish side-quests to unlock them.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Shadow Hog wrote:RAOR
I mostly liked Lost Impact for the gun trolley sections. Pressing Down on the D pad makes Maria go away. I got used to where the Chaos things were while trying for the A rank.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

J.E.Smith wrote:Actually, it turns out that the reason that the PS3 version was delayed because Sega hadn't finished either version yet, and they still needed to polish up the gameplay more and add in some extra stuff(Such as an extra stage, online multiplayer, being able to use all of your partner charcters in any stage after completing a story,etc.).

However, Mircosoft wanted the 360 version to be out as quick as possible, so they forced Sega to get it out the door on its originally planned date. So the 360 version is an unfinished game!

So it seems the PS3 may well be the completed game with the gameplay polished up and the extra content that didn't make it into the 360 version thanks to Mircosoft rushing them.

We'll see if it makes any difference in the reviews though...
I don't believe that could be the case. Microsoft is pretty strict when it comes to releasing technically decent games. I'm really surprised that Sonic 360 could pass submission in such a shit state.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Zeta wrote:
being able to use all of your partner charcters in any stage after completing a story,etc.).
You can already do that, but you need to finish side-quests to unlock them.
That was proven fake, wasn't it?

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

Yep, there are no extras, even though the achievments are still there :X. Like Knights of Kronos achievment which is meant to be a hidden ending according to the achievment description, people have been saying how they've unlocked it. It is very unfinished.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Releasing an unfinished game is a new low for sega, assuming this is true. If it isn't true, then I think that is actually worse because that would mean the finished game promises loads of achievments it wont deliver.

Either way, this really is a testament to how little sega care about their mascot.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

J.E.Smith wrote:Actually, it turns out that the reason that the PS3 version was delayed because Sega hadn't finished either version yet, and they still needed to polish up the gameplay more and add in some extra stuff(Such as an extra stage, online multiplayer, being able to use all of your partner charcters in any stage after completing a story,etc.).

BS... Microsoft is even more strict than Nintendo today about qaulity control. They wouldn't have left an unfinished game slip out the door. This is the new millennium (not the 1995-1999 "EVERYBODY HATE MICROSOFT" era), we have accepted Microsoft as our overlords, and contrary to pupular belief they are more or less benevolent and actually care about the consumer. On the other hand, they ARE releasing Vista, but I'm not going to get into that.
Hybrid wrote:Releasing an unfinished game is a new low for sega...
*cough Shadow cough*
Hybrid wrote: If it isn't true, then I think that is actually worse because that would mean the finished game promises loads of achievments it wont deliver.
*cough Shadow cough*
Hybrid wrote: Either way, this really is a testament to how little sega care about their mascot.
*cough Shadow cough* (But then again, did ANYONE care for Shadow after Heroes?)

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Shadow wasn't an unfinished game, nor did it claim to have loads of unlockables that aren't actually within the game's programming.

Shadow was a bad game, yes. But you can't accuse it of those faults.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Au contraire; you can accuse it fully of those faults.

You'd just be <i>wrong</i> is all.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Either works for me.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Shadow isn't unfinished? Maybe my definition of "finished" differs from SEGA's, because I think Shadow needed another year at the VERY least.

Looshi

Post by Looshi »

I read this on another forum:
Wow... Children of Mana has gotten some pretty chilly reviews. Did this series get totally Sonic'd or what?
Have we reached a new low? Sonic is now a verb, used for a game series being totally run into the ground. First I thought the bottom would be Heroes, then Shadow, and now this. Can it go any lower?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Yes.

Sonic hasn't gone through the phase where he is in a frustrating pseudo-platformer in which he has to collect parts to build a rocket ship for some reason that I can't fucking remember.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

MegaKitsune wrote:Shadow isn't unfinished? Maybe my definition of "finished" differs from SEGA's, because I think Shadow needed another year at the VERY least.
The game was finished, it just sucked.

I've never seen Sonic's name used that way before, so at least it probably isn't a widespread thing. I wouldn't tempt fate by asking if this series can go any lower, because we've all learned by now that it most certanly can.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Sonic hasn't gone through the phase where he is in a frustrating pseudo-platformer in which he has to collect parts to build a rocket ship for some reason that I can't fucking remember.
Don't knock Pikmin.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Try Busby.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Did you know the devlopers of Bubsy 3D went on to make Syphon Filter?

Yeah, nothing changed. :P

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Looshi wrote:First I thought the bottom would be Heroes, then Shadow, and now this. Can it go any lower?
Depends how badly Sonic Team can bungle the Wii controls. Seeing as how I haven't even heard great things about Red Steel, I'm guessing yes.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Sonic is now the Wayne Brady of gaming, except Sonic actually HAD a career at one point in time.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

The fact Sonic's starting to get belittled outside of his own community is kind of a good thing, actually. If anything, it would encourage Sega/Sonic Team to stop rushing things or at least get some competent people at the helm. Or just yank the plug on the series altogether. But I don't think the sales are going to dip low enough for that unless things really take a turn.

P.S. - He kicked ass on Whose Line. Shut up.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Maybe it's due to the fact that Sonic is considered a kids game like any other kids game. Of course we know better, but the 7-year olds wearing Sonic underwear while eating Sonic Ring Cereal and wathcing Sonic X don't know that, their parents who are forced to buy everything with a blue hedgehog don't know that, and I'm beginning to think even SEGA doesn't know that.

The oldschool Sonic fans are NOT the target audience anymore, I shudder to think that there might be some young Sonic fans who only knew Sonic was on the Genesis due to the GBA game (and they'll probably say "Man, Sonic was SHIT back then" due to the lousy port).

As much I as I may hate them for taking a great franchise and bastardizing it to exploit little children and their money-happy parents, I have to admit; It makes PERFECT buisness sense. A similar thing happened with those Star Trek RTS PC games years ago. The developers catered to the most inane quibbles of the most hardcore Trek fans. Thus the first 6 or so games were extremely accurate, but unless you were a die-hard Trekkie, not much fun to play. Thus each time, it was only this Trekkie demographic that bought the games. It's safe to say that they learned their lesson: If you only cater to a certain demographic, you are going to recieve limited sales.

So while I can understand this broadening of Sonic's horizons, why they feel the games need to be the lowest caliber of quality is beyond me.

Ah well, there's always the comics... :P

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Hmm, the comics are even worse...no offense.

Hey, was Naka involved in this project at the begining? did he pull a Sonic2 on us? <_<