Bitter Nintendo tears

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

That black mage artwork is pretty sweet though (thank god for lack of angst spiky haired anti-heros). Quite frankly though, I don't have much high hopes for the game. Square has a pretty poor reputation of making games decent outside of RPGs.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

EXTREME 3 ON 3 NINJA BASKETBALL

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Screw that, yo:
Cactuar battle go!

Dash

Post by Dash »

I don't know Neo, this commercial makes it look pretty hot and I've yet to hear a bad word about it in previews.

Also, Japanese American Football FTW

YA-HA!

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Funnaraba-ba to the max!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

That video marks the first time Luigi ever won anything.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

What about Luigi's Mansion?

anyway a video of DS Browser Is out showing how awesome it is!
oh and this

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I thought that headset was old news. The DS Browser is looking pretty cool though.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

M.C.Dillinger wrote:What about Luigi's Mansion?
When Luigi's Mansion is involved, nobody wins.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Hey, that game was mildly amusing. Wasn't worth the 50 bucks I spent on it, but I still eventually played through it.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

The game is somewhat hard for me to find now. I have no clue why, considering it's a first-party Nintendo launch title..

Dash

Post by Dash »

Really? I recall seeing a pile of 'em at the local Best Buy.

And don't listen to Squirrelknight. Luigi's Masion is the bee's knees for the 5 or so hours it lasts.

@ Eggroll: How far are you into Eyeshield 21? I'm up to about episode 17 and I'm enthralled with it. It's one of the few shows that I can just enjoy, ya know? No real heavy stuff to worry about, just an awesome action/comedy show.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Dash wrote:@ Eggroll: How far are you into Eyeshield 21? I'm up to about episode 17 and I'm enthralled with it. It's one of the few shows that I can just enjoy, ya know? No real heavy stuff to worry about, just an awesome action/comedy show.
Wait, you're watching the anime? Aw no, that sucks, I feel really bad for you.

The manga is superior. Hiruma's much more fast-paced in the manga and he does what he needs to whenever he wants to. What rubbed me the wrong way in the anime was that he'd have a ten second evil grin before executing whatever action he needed to do (at least in the earlier episodes). I was reading the manga before checking out the anime and I have to say I'm severely disappointed with the anime. Musashi's introduction got all messed up, they make stupid Kurita drama when they have filler based on him, the way Monta joins the devil bats was all changed for the worse... it's horrible man. Especially the Monta recruitment. Hiruma was actually quite (hilariously) agressive in trying to get Monta to join the Devil Bats in the manga, but in the anime he's all calm and all like, "Do whatever the hell you want, scaredy cat." There are numerous other moments that I hate were changed. Check out Monta's profile at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deimon_Dev ... .k.a_Monta to see what was omitted from the anime.

However, I did like the episode where Mamori tries to find out Eyeshield's phone number/identity. That wasn't in the manga, but it was a pretty funny episode.

In other words, during your leisure time go to your nearest Barnes & Noble/Borders/whatever and start reading the manga. It's vastly superior.

If you like Eyeshield 21, I think you'll definitely love Hajime no Ippo (translated at The First Step), a series about boxing. The anime for Hajime no Ippo is mostly faithful to the manga, and it's also very hilarious. It had a total run of 76 episodes (though the manga is still ongoing in Japan). But the anime ends on a good note, so it doesn't feel like it ends abruptly.
Last edited by Cuckooguy on Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Poison Eggroll wrote:
Dash wrote:@ Eggroll: How far are you into Eyeshield 21? I'm up to about episode 17 and I'm enthralled with it. It's one of the few shows that I can just enjoy, ya know? No real heavy stuff to worry about, just an awesome action/comedy show.
Wait, you're watching the anime? Aw no, that sucks, I feel really bad for you.
Yes, I feel bad for Dash as well. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with him that he might enjoy a series that is presented mostly intact from its original form? God, what a fucking loser.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Dash wrote: And don't listen to Squirrelknight. Luigi's Masion is the bee's knees for the 5 or so hours it lasts.
Its an alright game... for 10 or 15 bucks. When you pay 40 bucks for it like I did back in the day, that meager 5 hours of gameplay leaves you kind of bitter.

Dash

Post by Dash »

I did say that thinking he would be getting it for $20 or less. I agree it's too short to warrant the $50 I spent on it, but I enjoyed it anyway-especially on an artistic level. Lots of personality there.

I mainly stand up for LM because it gets too much flack. People expected it to be a Mario 64 kind of game and then bitch about it because it wasn't. * It was never supposed to a platformer. I never saw it advertised as such.

@ Eggroll: I've kinda figured that the Manga might be better (That's usually the case), but the show is definitely doing a good job of keeping me entertained. I've been meaning to pick it up, but I have a ton of media I need to finish reading/playing/watching right now (not to mention completing my own unfinished projects...). I'll purchase it when I can, along with that Hajime no Ippo thing you recommended. I've heard good things about it. But if I hate it, you totally owe me 8 bucks.

EDIT: Oh and about the anime's change to Monta, that trick would have been more in Hiruma's nature, but I fail to see how the change makes it "horrible." Pointless and strange yes, but the rest seems character seems intact. They even kept that "teach that damn monkey human language" quote. By the looks of things it seems like the show's only fault it that it tones down Hiruma a tad. Is that right?

*Not to say you're in the same camp of course. This is just what I usually hear.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Since this is our official "Nintendo news" thread, I thought it would be worth to post this:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/wii-p ... 190865.php

I'm not sure if it's official or just a fanart, but appears to be a promo of the Wii's "Virtual Console", with what might be the greatest videogame character crossover ever made. Anyone care to find a bigger version of it?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Dash

Post by Dash »

It'd be pretty neat if it were a real ad, but I think it's too cool and too Mario-less to be official.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Could that be the girl from Rodland (she's underneath an umbrella, which is underneath a waterfall with Cheep Cheep in it)?? That's a surprisingly fun game, considering how kiddy it looks.

And though Mario isn't in the picture, Luigi is in the bottom-left corner of the screen with Roll.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:And though Mario isn't in the picture, Luigi is in the bottom-left corner of the screen with Roll.
In an Outrun Ferrari.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Dash wrote:It'd be pretty neat if it were a real ad, but I think it's too cool and too Mario-less to be official.
That's what I thought and and this person confirms it:
Matt here from GamePausedâ„¢.

The artist in question is actually called Keith Webb, from here in the UK. This image is going to be part of our book entitled "GamePaused:A Creative Celebration of the Video Game".

I don't think keith will know about this - but its cool anyway!

Oh - http://www.gamepaused.net
http://www.gamepaused.net/press

THIS ISNT OFFICIAL NINTENDO ARTWORK PEEPS!

Matt (GamePausedâ„¢)

by Matt Kenyon on 07/31/06 02:44 PM

I think it is pretty great(Simon Belmont!Kirby is full of win!) and I'm using it as a wallpaper right now.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I think it is pretty great(Simon Belmont!Kirby is full of win!) and I'm using it as a wallpaper right now.
Sam here, the artwork is just eye candy to look at.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Also this box art is some kind of awesome:

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Geez, if there ever was a new meaning for the word "fruity", that box art would make a good example. "Creepy" and "colorful" works, too.