Spider-Man 3 teaser up

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Segaholic2 wrote:
Omni Hunter wrote:Venom is looking pretty good too, he actually looks pretty scary.
What? We haven't actually seen Venom yet, have we?

Unless you're talking about the symbiote touching Parker's arm in the teaser.
I was checking out Youtube last month, and Venom was on the supposed trailer.
You can see flashes of "Venom" in this one.

Weather or not the teeth at the end of the trailer belong to Venom is debatable. But you do see Topher take on the suit and Venom's hand though and this is probably near the end of the film as Esrever said.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I was checking out Youtube last month, and Venom was on the supposed trailer.
You can see flashes of "Venom" in this one.

Weather or not the teeth at the end of the trailer belong to Venom is debatable. But you do see Topher take on the suit and Venom's hand though and this is probably near the end of the film as Esrever said.
I take great joy in informing you that the trailer you have linked to is not only very obviously fake, it's also indicated as such: ' relacs peeps. this is just a fan trailer. do not get too excited'.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yeah, that "Venom" footage was from the Spawn movie.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I think I heard somewhere that Sam Raimi hated/disliked Venom, and wouldn't use him in any of his movies. Altough, that was around two years ago.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yes, that's true. He apparently changed his mind.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Segaholic2 wrote:Why exactly was Spider-Man 2 so much better than Spider-Man 1?

2 was Tobey Maguire making watery eyes at the camera basically every moment he's on screen, and the internal struggle is the same one he supposedly overcame at the end of the first movie.

Doctor Octopus was dumb and his motivation was dumber. Dumbest was that Peter Parker literally talks him to death for the stunning finale.

Not to mention the fact that the movie should have just been subtitled Spider-Man 2: New York Learns Spidey's Secret Identity.
I can only imagine the only reason you genuinely like Spider-Man 1 over the sequel is because you don't really watch them as movies, but just grade them on their comic book accuracy.

For one thing, the dialogue in SM2 didn't seem as overtly embarassing like in the original movie. There's no "Finish it!" and "...DELIVER US FROM EEEEVIL" moments in the second one.

And although there's still too much CGI in SM2, it never looks like a PS2 game, as some of the scenes did in its predecessor (such as when Peter's jumping rooftops and later when he chases Ben's killer).

And are you kidding me about the villains? The villain in SM2 is worlds better than SM1.

Doc Ock's motivation was brilliant when compared to the Green Goblin's motivation which was, essentially, he so craaaaaaazy. And even if the motivation is weak, the acting is way stronger with Alfred Molina, who at least pretended to take the movie seriously. That's more than you can say for Willem Dafoe, who seemed to just roll his eyes at a comic book movie and chew scenery.

And last, but perhaps most important, there are no close up shots of a Dr. Pepper can in Spider-Man 2, nor does Macy Gray perform.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

You can't have a Spider-Man movie series without including Venom. Not if you like money.

Still, um, Topher Grace as Eddie Brock? I'd actually prefer him as Parker over Maguire and that's saying a lot about what I think of him as the big, bulky Venom.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Amazing Grant wrote:For one thing, the dialogue in SM2 didn't seem as overtly embarassing like in the original movie. There's no "Finish it!" and "...DELIVER US FROM EEEEVIL" moments in the second one.
You missed my previous post.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I didn't.

Yeah, that dream sequence is pretty sappy in SM2, but ultimately does less damage than the "Finish it!" bit from SM1.

Also, another thing that makes the sequel superior is the overall tone. NT was implying that it was mopey, but SM2 is far cheekier and has more silly fun when it really shouldn't (the Doc Ock hospital scene being one) where as SM1 is more restrained and even slightly clinical, which is admittedly in part because it's also an origin story that everybody knows.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I can only imagine the only reason you genuinely like Spider-Man 1 over the sequel is because you don't really watch them as movies, but just grade them on their comic book accuracy.
No, I found it accurate enough - but the first movie had an even balance between Peter Parker's personal life, and his superhero career - which is why I like the character so much - both aspects are interesting.

2 was just "Peter Parker mopes or is a regular guy and doesn't do anything so Tobey can show off his acting chops - oh yeah, this was supposed to be a Spiderman movie, right?"

It's like watching a Terminator movie where 90% of the movie is Ahnold fixing a toaster or doing yard-work. The story was unbalanced.
And are you kidding me about the villains? The villain in SM2 is worlds better than SM1.
SM1 had an actual villain. Doc Ock was another emo do-goody wuss. And not in a way that has depth. More in a way that's just annoying.
Doc Ock's motivation was brilliant when compared to the Green Goblin's motivation which was, essentially, he so craaaaaaazy.
It seemed to be the same motivation to me. Green Goblin is so craazy cause of gas. Doc Ock is so craaaazy because he has tentacles wired to his spine that tell him what to do.

I'll believe that gas will make you crazy. Believing that robotic prosthetics can talk to people and turn eeevil? That's just stupid.
That's more than you can say for Willem Dafoe, who seemed to just roll his eyes at a comic book movie and chew scenery.
That's pretty much what an archenemesis archetype has to do.
And last, but perhaps most important, there are no close up shots of a Dr. Pepper can in Spider-Man 2, nor does Macy Gray perform.
What's weird is that if I remember correctly, Macy Gray was old news loong before Spiderman 1 even went into production.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

While I agree that the second film is definitely superior, I honestly don't have anything against Macy Gray.

Anyway, a spoiler-ific blog entry relaing to the Spider-Man 3 has surfaced. Most of the info has been corroborated elsewhere, so it seems to be fairly accurate, and if it is it looks promising. They seem to be taking a really good approach to the film, even though it looks like they're adapting the Venom origin used in the 90's animated series almost directly, right down to the bit with Connors. That gets no complaints from me, of course.

Most interesting is the note about Bruce Campbell's role in the film. If it is true that he will play Quentin Beck (aka Mysterio), essentially implying that his previous two cameos were actually the same character, then I am probably looking forward to Spider-Man 4 even more than 3 at this point.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Might make it awkward for the game adaptions, though; Mysterio's already shown up in them.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

In other movie news a a teaser trailer for the Transformers movie has been released. Obviously, it's a very early teaser with no real movie footage in it but it didn't seem that good to me. It will probably be rubbish but who knows?

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I really don't like how the TF teaser implies that the Transformers are an evil alien race that want to wipe us out. Well, I guess half of them are, but Optimus sure ain't!

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

You can quess how the Transformers movie will turn out when you realize that the Beagle 2 mission wasn't a true rover, but a lander.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Fair play, the video was a bit iffy I guess. Thanks for putting my mind at ease Pop, and Tsui too I guess. I'm an arse, but you already knew that.

And on that Transformers movie, what the fuck happened to Cybertron?
Couldn't they make up a fictional space probe instead of the friggin Beagle? And why do beings from Mars want to fuck things up on Earth?

Originality pls.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

The fact that Doc Oc was in his original outfit and not that horrible green suit in spider-man 2 made the entire movie. Sadly, the greatest spider-man villain is now dead.

(It's Alien Vs. Predator, robot version!)

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Mars? What the hell?

My initial thought was that the idea is that the Decepticons stop on Mars on their way from Cybertron... except I can't see how that would make any sense. The real question, though, is not "What happened to Cybertron?" but "What happened to the Transformers crashing into the Earth 4 million years ago and the Decepticons being awakened by a volcano?" Whether their planet of origin is Mars or Cybertron, neither explains why they would be fighting on Earth in the first place.

...although I suppose the Decepticons could come to Earth looking for new energy sources, as that is supposed to be why both Decepticons and Autobots originally left Cybertron in the first place...

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I just think it's a bad sign that the sky on "Mars" was blue.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Locit wrote:I just think it's a bad sign that the sky on "Mars" was blue.
I totally failed to notice that. Even worse, though: there's *clouds*.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Have you ever been to Mars? How do you know what its sky looks like. You arrogant fucks.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It has been confirmed that the Transformers film will NOT be based on the plot of the original show, so anyone still hoping for that is deluding themselves. The best we can hope for is a decent flick that puts some familiar names and personalities into an original story.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Light Speed wrote:Have you ever been to Mars? How do you know what its sky looks like. You arrogant fucks.
No, but I've been to Mercury, and I figure the sky must be pretty similar on Mars.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Mercury doesn't even have an atmosphere.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I've been to Earth and I figure the sky must be pretty similar on Mars.