Microsoft sued over XBox 360

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Microsoft sued over XBox 360

Post by Delphine »

<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_ ... >Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch</a>
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.

The proposed class action claims that in Microsoft's bid to gain share in the $25 billion global video game market, the company was so intent on releasing the Xbox 360 before competing next-generation machines from Sony Corp. and Nintendo Co Ltd. that it sold a "defectively designed" product.

Robert Byers, who brought the suit, said the power supply and central processing unit in the Xbox 360 overheat, affecting heat-sensitive chips and causing the console to lock up.

Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell on Monday said the company does not comment on pending litigation.

Complaints about the problem surfaced quickly on gaming enthusiast Web sites after the Xbox 360 debuted on November 22.

Console owners reported that some systems had crashed during regular use as well as during online game play using the Xbox Live service. Problems included screens going black and the appearance of a variety of error messages.

At the time O'Donnell told Reuters: "We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected."

She declined to say how many reports Microsoft had received and said that calls reporting the issue to the company represented a "very, very small fraction" of units sold.

The lawsuit, filed on Friday in federal court in Illinois, seeks unspecified damages and litigation-related expenses, as well as the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 game consoles.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Oh man, Microsoft is doomed!

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

"Nuthin' 'tall, Mars John, 'ceppin deze yer sunshine niggers. Dey
begs my terbacker, en borrys my tools, en steals my vittles, en
hit's done come ter dat pass dat I gotter pack up en go. I'm
agwine down ter Putmon, dat's w'at."

HyperFox

Post by HyperFox »

And they're JUST NOW sueing? Goddamn, I hope this man gets raped up the ass...unless he digs that sort of thing, then I'd buy him a hooker, and if he's bi (so he likes the hooker), well damn the luck.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Good thing I didn't go out and buy one. Oh wait they are sold out anyway.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

This is by far the most entertaining console trainwreck ever.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I'd hardly call it a trainwreck. Microsoft can't keep enough consoles on the shelf, either because the demand is just that high or they are choosing too, and some retard is sueing Microsoft cause a few consoles don't work properly. Wow, what a trainwreck. That guy will probably get his Xbox replaced if he is lucky.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

That's the way the public view goes though, something can be incredible one moment and when something goes wrong once after an expansive and immaculate history then a major enquiry follows.

The public hate the laws of probability if they aren't in their favour.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

I thought the 360 launch went suprisingly smoothly; if you were stupid enough to expect a console at launch without a preorder, you're probably too retarded to be playing videogames in the first place.

Compared to the problems people had with the first generation PS2's, I think the 360 is doing pretty well. Unless you're buying Nintendo hardware, you can expect a few problems with some launch titles or first-gen units... Hell, even the orgasmic Dreamcast launch had it's problems, and the 360's issues don't seem as widespread. I still think the only major problem with the 360 launch is the boring line-up of games.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

People are just making a big deal out of it because it's Microsoft, and as we all know Microsoft is an evil corporation bent on world domination.

Dunjohn

Re: Microsoft sued over XBox 360

Post by Dunjohn »

Delphine wrote:a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.
Global warming! Microsoft, how could you! Incidently, does this prove that Bill Gates is, in fact, God? God had the same problem.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

God made a console that occasionally overheated and froze up?

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Yes. It's the thing in Dunjohn's avatar.

Oh, I'm having a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy moment.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

So there are a bunch of little retards inside every Xbox 360 burning obscene amounts of fossil fuels?

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Mmmmmaaayyyybbbeee...

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Light Speed wrote:I'd hardly call it a trainwreck. Microsoft can't keep enough consoles on the shelf, either because the demand is just that high or they are choosing too, and some retard is sueing Microsoft cause a few consoles don't work properly. Wow, what a trainwreck. That guy will probably get his Xbox replaced if he is lucky.
It may not be a trainwreck as far as profits go, but I can't recall a rougher console launch. I mean, Microsoft is just now starting to realize that the 360's limited disc space just might be a problem.

Also.

Oh, and my last post was referring to the XBox 360 launch as a whole, not the lawsuit.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

This is why I don't buy anything on the launch date anymore. You wait in a line, you go through hell, you take it home, and then the bastard just doesn't work.

Adam Adamant

Post by Adam Adamant »

Yeah, but it dosen't work before everyone else even has one!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

In all probability, you all are worrying over nothing.
QUICK REPLY, ACTIVATE.