Stay tuned for an important message!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

j-man wrote:Some unfortunate people can be born with STDs, you know.
This is true. However, I hope that someone who's been living with a STD all their life would be responsible enough to use a condom.

aso

Post by aso »

Crazy Penguin wrote:
aso wrote:Years of Health classes have really started to kill me with worry concerning any and everything involving sex, and it seems homosexuality is about the very worst to even consider.
Well, it's not like sexuality is a choice, or that straight couples don't do anal too. Lesbian sex is the safest anyway.
Yanno, all of my health classes have said that homosexuality is the most dangerous (going so far as to cover lesbians)... but then I remembered that I'm in Alabama, which just so happens to be a Bible Belt state! Boy, I sure am stupid to forget about how much the Christians affect the schools around here...

And as far as condoms go, they aren't always 100% reliable, yadda yadda yadda, only sure way is to cut off sperm, yada yada, even a small risk with that, etc etc.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

aso wrote:Yanno, all of my health classes have said that homosexuality is the most dangerous (going so far as to cover lesbians)... but then I remembered that I'm in Alabama, which just so happens to be a Bible Belt state! Boy, I sure am stupid to forget about how much the Christians affect the schools around here...
I'm surprised you talk about <i>sex</i> in this health class of yours. Or condoms. Did you know the Vatican tells people NOT to use condoms because they don't work? Funny people, Catholics.

As far as STDs go, having anal sex does put you more at risk because there's a greater risk of bleeding and therefore a greater risk of semen and blood mixing etc. etc. That doesn't mean that <b>simply being gay</b> puts you at a greater risk of contracting STDs. Please stop saying that, it's annoying. AIDS is NOT the gay disease. I thought we got over this in the 90's.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I thought Catholics don't use condoms because <I>contraceptives are from Satan</I>.

Ah, well. I always use that as the explanation for all the Mexican kids running around everywhere.

aso

Post by aso »

Delphine wrote:
aso wrote:Yanno, all of my health classes have said that homosexuality is the most dangerous (going so far as to cover lesbians)... but then I remembered that I'm in Alabama, which just so happens to be a Bible Belt state! Boy, I sure am stupid to forget about how much the Christians affect the schools around here...
I'm surprised you talk about <i>sex</i> in this health class of yours. Or condoms. Did you know the Vatican tells people NOT to use condoms because they don't work? Funny people, Catholics.

As far as STDs go, having anal sex does put you more at risk because there's a greater risk of bleeding and therefore a greater risk of semen and blood mixing etc. etc. That doesn't mean that <b>simply being gay</b> puts you at a greater risk of contracting STDs. Please stop saying that, it's annoying. AIDS is NOT the gay disease. I thought we got over this in the 90's.
Considering I'm gay myself, I just wanted to hear another side of the issue... never hurts to get a bit of reassurance from another source. I do understand, very much so, that AIDS is by no means a strictly gay disease! I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

aso wrote:Considering I'm gay myself, I just wanted to hear another side of the issue... never hurts to get a bit of reassurance from another source. I do understand, very much so, that AIDS is by no means a strictly gay disease! I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that.
Sorry, didn't mean to be snappish. :\ You'd be surprised how many people say things like that to me, knowing I'm nostraight and therefore not amused. I think they do it on purpose.

aso

Post by aso »

Delphine wrote:
aso wrote:Considering I'm gay myself, I just wanted to hear another side of the issue... never hurts to get a bit of reassurance from another source. I do understand, very much so, that AIDS is by no means a strictly gay disease! I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that.
Sorry, didn't mean to be snappish. :\ You'd be surprised how many people say things like that to me, knowing I'm nostraight and therefore not amused. I think they do it on purpose.
Meh! Don't worry about it. This same sort of issue has led to many, similar arguments with my stepfather. I'm still closeted, to boot, so it equals humor for people who aren't me!

Segata

Post by Segata »

They told you that homosexuality itself was dangerous? Honestly. :roll:

Just to clear up my confusion, are you male or female, aso?

aso

Post by aso »

I still remember the 'guest' in my last Health-related class explaining how each and every form of homosexual sex is mroe dangerous than the equivalent form of heterosexual sex, and how.

They did add on, in an afterthought, "Oh, and heterosexual sex is sort of dangerous, too. Just not as much". Thanks, guys.

And I'm male. I love how the question comes up on most any forum I go to.

Segata

Post by Segata »

Sadly, it's not much better where I live. It goes without saying that that is complete and utter nonsense.

Being homosexual yourself, I would assume that you would have been doing a lot of research on the subject before really identifying as homosexual, so I'm a little perplexed that you would still need to hear other viewpoints.

aso

Post by aso »

I'm a sucker for moral support.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I thought Catholics don't use condoms because contraceptives are from Satan.
The reasoning is that there's not nearly enough people in this world. God wants us to keep on reproducing till we all turn into cannibals. This is also the reason homosexuals are evil. They're not busy reproducing and creating more children to eat food we don't have. Catholics REALLY don't understand the concept of overpopulation at ALL.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Zeta wrote:This is also the reason homosexuals are evil. They're not busy reproducing and creating more children to eat food we don't have.
Stereotype. Catholics don't believe homosexuality is wrong, just sexual homosexual acts. Though I'm a Catholic, I really don't care what the church says about homosexuality. It's really none of their damn business. The Catholic church really butts into peoples' personal life a little too much.
Segaholic2 wrote:I thought Catholics don't use condoms because <I>contraceptives are from Satan</I>.
Nah, just people like the Church Lady believe that.
Last edited by Spazz on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segata

Post by Segata »

Let me be the first to say, that makes absolutely no sense.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

I meant the <i>state</i> of being homosexual.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Let me be the second to say, that makes absolutely no sense.

Segata

Post by Segata »

So it's okay to be homosexual, just not to practice homosexuality.

"We don't hate homosexuality, just homosexual sexuality."

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

OK, SOMEBODY here is mixing their crack and their Ritalin. I can't really tell who at the moment, but those two drugs definitely have a part here.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Spazz wrote:I meant the <i>state</i> of being homosexual.
California?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Arnie wouldn't stand for that, he's too macho.

Unless it's all an elaborate ruse, just like Tony The Tiger.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

Yeah. I mean, Frosted Flakes were originally made with a special ingredient that caused a decrease in erection. In essence, Tony the Tiger was created to prevent us all from whackin' it.

*grabs a torch and pitchfork*

I still say we kill 'im.

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

The Doc wrote:Yeah. I mean, Frosted Flakes were originally made with a special ingredient that caused a decrease in erection. In essence, Tony the Tiger was created to prevent us all from whackin' it.

*grabs a torch and pitchfork*

I still say we kill 'im.
You mean plain Corn Flakes... And only those served at Battle Creek Sanatarium ran by Dr. John Harvey Kellogg... A comedic telling of it can be seen in the Road to Wellville, which can be caught on Comedy Central from time to time...

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I like to think of myself as a Jew-Catholic fusion.
It makes me feel safe at night.

aso

Post by aso »

Catholics are crazy, crazy folks. Is there anything the least bit controversial that they aren't against?

Nova

Post by Nova »

Zeta wrote:Thanks, J-man.
Now, I have a book deal in the works, it's called, "You Just Got Anally Raped, Charlie Brown!" Any ideas?
Lucy with a strap-on, obviously. If Chuck was sleeping with Linus, methinks the blankie-lovin' kid would be on bottom.

And while Peppermint Patty obviously has a thing for Mr. Brown, everyone knows that Marcy will one day win her over into a lifetime of lesbian bliss.

All the other Peanuts characters suck, so don't includ them. Well, except for Snoopy. But Snoopy would never sleep with Charlie Brown.

The dog has standards.
Well maybe he will with the litlle yellow bird....
Last edited by Nova on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.