Commence Squealing

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Commence Squealing

Post by Radrappy »

Phantasy Star Online 2 was just announced. There's only a logo and a teaser but goddamn I've waited ten years for this. Fuck Phantasy Star Universe. It's shit. So are the PSP games I'm sure. I really hope this is true return to form.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2/

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Boy, hearing that song makes me all kinds of delighted. This could really go either way though. With luck, it'll be more PSO, but I'm afraid of them using ... well, just about anything from PSU: story, mission structure, character and location design, those robot companions that weren't Mags... the combat was the only thing I liked about it.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Re: Commence Squealing

Post by Malchik »

Who's developing it? If it's any incarnation of Sonic Team, my life may be ending early.
Radrappy wrote:Fuck Phantasy Star Universe.
I fucking hope PSO II isn't a game casted with fucking furrys.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

What was the first PSO like and why was it special? I completely missed out on it, but I'm totally ready to love it now.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Only for PC? Gay.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

PSU gets far too bad of a rap from everyone. PSU wasn't horrible, and I liked it a lot. PSP2 builds a lot on the PSU style of improvements and if they carry those over to PSO2 I'll be perfectly happy.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

I remember getting Phantasy Star Universe. I played it for two days then wondered why I wasted my money on outdated garbage that played worse than Diablo from 1996. The story mode was also one of the worst single player experiences I have ever had in an RPG.

As for this, I kind of expect the game to be made by the same people, so I am not sure about it.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I guess I should include my standard disclaimer that I've never actually played a Phantasy Star game, y'know, online. But yeah, except for the combat, single-player PSU was awful. I am actually planning on picking up PSP2 for the free online, but I don't plan on ever playing that game by myself, especially after playing the single-player demo.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I hope this is going to be for the ps3, and I hope they dont charge much for the online service...

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I've never played PSU but I did play Zero and PSP with at least one or more friends, and both were decent experiences we quickly forgot about. I've been thinking about picking up PSP2 since I've heard they take the best from both of those games, but Ys Seven is looking pretty tempting as well.

I never played PSO online either, although I did try to run Blue Burst on Windows 7 last winter but to no avail.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

PSO was a sleeper him for me. I just picked it up cause it looked cool, and it was. My only regret is I never got to play it online. That's half the fun. Hopefully this will change with this game.