SNOW

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

SNOW

Post by Green Gibbon! »

HOLY SHIT IT IS SNOWING.

I don't mean it's just like, little whisps, I mean it's like THE FUCKING DANDRUFF OF CHRIST or something.

This is quite new for me. I've never lived anywhere with snow before, much less snow in mid November! It feels so awesome, it's all kind of squishy but surprisingly dry and you can pack it and it makes an awesome "skvssh" noise. It's cold, too! Can you eat it? I really want to eat some because it looks like Gargantua dropped his sno-cone on my car, but I don't know if I'll get some strange snow disease or something.

I mean, is it cool? Can I take a wad of snow off the top of my car and eat it?

Xyton

Re: SNOW

Post by Xyton »

It's probably not the most healthy thing you could do, but that never stopped me, really. ;P Just make sure the snow isn't dirty.

Try at your own risk. This post does not constitute medical advice. You milage may vary. No parking where prohibited. Not insured by the FDIC.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I mean, is it cool? Can I take a wad of snow off the top of my car and eat it?
Get the stuff off the top and you'll probably be fine. Where the hell are you, anyway?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Iwate prefecture, not far from Morioka. There's mountains and snow and Asian giant hornets and cute country girls with crooked-ass teeth because apparently nobody ever bothered to tell Japan about orthodontics! キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!

I'm also not going to take advice on snow consumption from anyone who lives in Texas.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Iwate prefecture, not far from Morioka.
No shit? I was almost going to study abroad there next semester until I realized I wanted to graduate on time. I guess it's JET for me after all!
I'm also not going to take advice on snow consumption from anyone who lives in Texas.
I have been outside of Texas you RACIST.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

This... is kind of adorable. And yes, snow is safe to eat, as long as it's not dirty. It's just frozen water.

p.s. what are you doing over there, anyway?

The Turtle Guy
Now Playing: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Again (the game, not the adverb)

Post by The Turtle Guy »

You ought to avoid the first snowfall, or avoid snow altogether if you live in a pollution capital of the world or something, because of acid rain. (lol acid snow. "It's melting! I'M MELTING") The top snow should be fine, though.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

It snows in Austin every 10 years or so, so fuck you!

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Xyton wrote:Try at your own risk. This post does not constitute medical advice. You milage may vary. No parking where prohibited. Not insured by the FDIC.
You bastard. I scrubbed at what I thought was a smudge on my monitor for a good two minutes. I only realized it was text when I tabbed away to find AppleCare's number to complain about my screen cracking for no good reason and it disappeared.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Ever since 1899, every time it snowed around here there would be a hurricane the following year. Thankfully, we broke that tradition recently; it snowed in 04, and although there WAS a hurricane headed our way, it decided to swing back to Louisiana.

Ha!

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

Protodude wrote:Ever since 1899, every time it snowed around here there would be a hurricane the following year. Thankfully, we broke that tradition recently; it snowed in 04, and although there WAS a hurricane headed our way, it decided to swing back to Louisiana.

Ha!
Eat it, New Orleans!

Also, flurries. Given that I live in Virginia Beach, a rarity.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

From a guy living in Northern Canada, polluted with snow five month of the year, I say choke on it!

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

The best part are the periods of bleak muddiness throughout.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

If winter didn't involve lower ambient temperatures, increasingly solid precipitation, and less intense solar radiation, I would love it.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It sprinkled a little bit down here, but of course nothing stuck.

Although the frost in the morning was glued onto my windshield pretty strongly.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Bo wrote:If winter didn't involve lower ambient temperatures, increasingly solid precipitation, and less intense solar radiation, I would love it.
So, if it were summer.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Last time it snowed anywhere I was, I had to go protest in London the same day. It made the day very memorable and iconic, if not a bit symbolic of the complete snubbing of our protest received in the end.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

DackAttac wrote:
Xyton wrote:Try at your own risk. This post does not constitute medical advice. You milage may vary. No parking where prohibited. Not insured by the FDIC.
You bastard. I scrubbed at what I thought was a smudge on my monitor for a good two minutes. I only realized it was text when I tabbed away to find AppleCare's number to complain about my screen cracking for no good reason and it disappeared.
o_O What resolution were you at that that didn't look like words...? o_O

Neo

Post by Neo »

I don't even see it, and I'm on 1280x1024. What resolution are you on, fine sir?

Regardless, it's a bad habit to do stupid-tiny text, nobody ever enjoys it but you. I speak from experience.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

1680x1050. I have to use Firefox shortcut to make text bigger at least once in order to read the text that people use the toolbar's "tiny" code to create. I maxed it out and it still looked like a crack in the screen.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

It snowed a couple of weeks ago in Philadelphia, and a lot recently. Last year it didn't snow hard until almost January.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

Neo wrote:I don't even see it, and I'm on 1280x1024. What resolution are you on, fine sir?
That would be 1680 x 1050. o_O I guess I'll not use miniscule-size next time. :P

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Interesting, I'm at 1024x768 and instead of being larger and possibly legible, the words don't appear at all, as if they fell into the space between the pixels. I didn't know there was anything there at all until you guys started quoting it.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

My resolution is set on 1280x800 and I can see Xyton's post just fine. You guys need to get your eyes checked.

I have yet to get any snow here in Northern Virginia. I feel so left out. :sad:

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

Oompa Star wrote:My resolution is set on 1280x800 and I can see Xyton's post just fine. You guys need to get your eyes checked.

I have yet to get any snow here in Northern Virginia. I feel so left out. :sad:
It's okay. Virginia Beach gets flurries, and flurries.