Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Dasher

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Dasher »

So...what the heck will Sonic universe be about? will that replace the Sonic X comics?

CM August

Post by CM August »

Well according to that link FlashTHD provided, it's basically Archie Sonic but with even more hokey alternate universe confusion, and an opportunity to put lesser Sonic characters in the limelight.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

What is "Sonic Universe?"

"Sonic Universe" will be a new on-going monthly title set in the "Sonic the Hedgehog" universe. Makes the title pretty apt, ne?

What will SU be about?

SU will cover characters and settings outside of the normal scope of STH. So supporting cast members and "ElseWorld" stories will be here. The sky isn't the limit here - it's the universe!

What will happen to "Sonic X?"

SX had a good, solid run. We're taking our cue from "Seinfeld" and calling it quits while we're ahead. That, and given the nature of SU, it's not entirely impossible we'll never see SX again. Just don't look for it for a while.

We will be going out with a bang, though. More on that in a minute.

When does the awesome start?

I can't reveal the date yet, but you can expect things to get rolling very early 2009.

If it's set in the Prime universe (mostly), will there be cross-overs?

Yes and no. Lemme 'splain...

By its very nature, SU will be in a perpetual cross-over with STH, and visa versa. Events in STH will affect the SU world, and stuff that happens in SU will have consequences in STH. We're trying to make it so you don't have to read both to get what's going on, but it'll still be nice to pick up both books each month.

That said, there will be more direct cross-overs a la the old KTE days. More on that in a minute!

Spoilers? Please?!

This info thread wouldn't be very much fun without them, now would it?

First off, there's going to be a pretty epic cross-over the end of this year. Consider this your check list!

"Bold New Moebius" ends with the epic "Hedgehog Havoc" two-part story. Something will happen in STH#196 that sends Shadow and Metal Sonic away . . .

. . . and into SX#40! "The End" will be the grand, sweeping curtain call for the series. Shadow and Metal Sonic will then be whisked away into . . .

. . . Sonic Universe #1! "Living Weapons" will mark the beginning of the book and its opening story arc.

How are they transported? Where do they wind up in SU#1? Who do they meet? You'll just have to read to find out!

Whoa. So what . . .?

I'M NOT DONE YET!

While SU is gearing up, we'll be getting into the Road to #200. Did you think Sonic's "punishment" in STH#192 was light? Did you think I'd let it go that easy? HA!

And y'all have been wondering about Zonic, right?

And do I even need to plug STH#200? STH#175 was just Round One, folks. The final push by our heroes is going to be big, and the results will be affecting the books for literally years to come. That's not hype - that's a promise!

Done now?

Hardly! This is the SU info thread, right? It's time for some closing teases:

- Shadow fans: get ready for a whole bunch of Shadow.
- Knuckles fans: get ready for a whole bunch of Knuckles.
- Do you like it when we fill in little gaps in the history? Get ready.
- It's sure been a long time since we've had a new character on the book, isn't it? You don't have to wait much longer.
- And a whole bunch more . . . but I think I've reached the limit that I can reveal!

It's officially time to geek out!

Well said!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

It's officially time to geek out!

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

The comics are fucking terrible.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Adamis, I just linked to that and Dasher is blind as goddamn tree.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

FlashTHD wrote:Adamis, I just linked to that and Dasher is blind as goddamn tree.
Woops, sorry Flash.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Segaholic2 wrote:The comics are fucking terrible.
They even brought back that Jon Gray hack to draw a story in the latest issue. WTF!

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Just when we thought the comics were actually getting back on track...

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Crazy Penguin wrote:
Segaholic2 wrote:The comics are fucking terrible.
They even brought back that Jon Gray hack to draw a story in the latest issue. WTF!
What, that no-talent wash-up penciled another story? They really must be desperate.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Shadow Hog wrote:What, that no-talent wash-up penciled another story? They really must be desperate.
I hesitate to ask, but, who?

CM August

Post by CM August »

A forum in-joke, Jon Gray (WB) is another member here.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

CM August wrote:A forum in-joke
At this place? snort

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

CM August wrote:A forum in-joke, Jon Gray (WB) is another member here.
Oh, Dubs. Okay. I always forget you people have real names.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

The worlds most frustrating Sonic Unleashed footage. Blame the French.; it was filmed at a French games show at the weekend.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Wow... a lot of that was design problems, but the guy playing really, really sucked.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I was shocked when the camera panned down and showed the player had two fully functional hands. After the segment when Sonic is supposed to homing attack two of those enemies to make it across the chasm where he just refused to homing attack the second time, I assumed he was also holding the camera. There were some real fluidity problems (Sonic seemed to slow down for no real reason whatsoever), and the enemy in the straightaway of the 2D section was the most disheartening of all.

This game's shaping up to be a real crap shoot. There are gonna be some glitches present, the question is whether they're amicably forgivable (SA1) or fun-slaughteringly crippling (S360).

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

No, there was one person holding the camera and his friend was playing.
And they played a three months old beta version.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Yes and for the past three months since this video was recorded, sonic team has lovingly polished the game, ironing out all the bugs and even improving the level design.

come on.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

DackAttac wrote: This game's shaping up to be a real crap shoot. There are gonna be some glitches present, the question is whether they're amicably forgivable (SA1) or fun-slaughteringly crippling (S360).
That I do not understand. I played some SA(DX ;_;) again a week ago and suddenly noticed it had just as many bugs as Sonic 06. And even worse controls. Yet everyone still praises it as if it was actually good! I can give it that Tails' and Gamma's levels are fun and the adventure fields are well-executed, but the rest? The graphics aren't overly charming, the music is mostly uninteresting (but the third of it that's actually good is REALLY good), the controls are awful, Amy's and Big's gameplay don't really add anything and the level design also isn't too great (and actually inferior to S06's, but a bit shorter which is nice). It also was the first to entirely ditch the surreal graphics style and start all this real-world crap.
Gamma's story is still the best in any Sonic game though.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

P.P.A. wrote: I like sonic 06! Boy oh boy I really hate Sonic and the Secret Rings!
look I saved you some time.

Neo

Post by Neo »

See, this is why people don't take you seriously.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Radrappy wrote:Yes and for the past three months since this video was recorded, sonic team has lovingly polished the game, ironing out all the bugs and even improving the level design.

come on.
That video was recorded this weekend. At the french convention, they had that old version of the game. There were other levels accessibles, but they were bugged so the Sega person asked the person to just play the Greece level. They even had an older version of the game running, a version without any HUD.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Radrappy wrote:
P.P.A. wrote: I like sonic 06! Boy oh boy I really hate Sonic and the Secret Rings!
look I saved you some time.
x)
My point this time actually wasn't Sonic 06 but rather that Sonic Adventure is about just as bad as it. Yet everyone still says it's good, that's what I don't get. Nostalgia goggles?