Sonic and the Quest for Phallic Compensation

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Re: Sonic and the Quest for Phallic Compensation

Post by Radrappy »

j-man wrote:Right then. See you guys in a few years. I'm off to live in a cave somewhere, so I never have to read another preemptive whinefest about this fucking franchise ever again.
NO! J-man. Stay. You have to. This is all part of the sonic experience. It's what we're all here for now. It's not about playing sonic games. Don't you see? This IS the game.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

As you guys might remember, I get NP. Unfortunately, I'm on the Eastern North American coast, so it'll probably be Monday by the time I get the scan. If any of you still care by then and haven't abandoned the franchise over a single piece of artwork.

Jonny Axehandle

Post by Jonny Axehandle »

I call hoax. One quick google search and all I found was this same image everywhere and no other info. Not even a different scan of the same image.
When will you people come to terms with the fact that there isn't a single goddamn person in the community who can model with that level of skill?
Who said he had to be in the community? :P

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

So I take it Sonic has fallen asleep again and gone into another world to make the sequel to Secret Rings... I cant wait until they get to the Rev. W. Awdry series of books.

Its a bit of a silly move on Sega, ignoring the whole idea of Sonic and swords, because aren't we meant to be getting excited for Sonic Unleashed, which is also out on the Wii and I presume that this game will be, at most, released 6 months after that game. This is all guesswork of course.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Jonny Axehandle wrote:Who said he had to be in the community? :P
No one else would care enough to bother!

The most deplorable thing in all of this is the fact that it reaffirms the possiblity that Sonikku the Battosai was an unholy prophet- damn near everything he mentioned in his outline on the perfect Sonic game has come to pass. Anyone mind dredging up that topic so we can compare and contrast to see what further horrors await us?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Ritz wrote:
Jonny Axehandle wrote:Who said he had to be in the community? :P
No one else would care enough to bother!
You're so sure, huh.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Addendum: No professional artist would care to utilize his skills to troll the Sonic community, nor would he likely be willing to take the time out of his busy schedule to do so. This is as close as we ever could've come to a professional Sonic hoax, and even that isn't good enough to pass!

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

...what?

Jonny Axehandle

Post by Jonny Axehandle »

Ritz wrote:This is as close as we ever could've come to a professional Sonic hoax, and even that isn't good enough to pass!
There is a huge difference between a 3D animation and a 3D model. If all the time spent on that movie was directed into a single model of Sonic with a Sword it would look pro.
Ritz wrote:nor would he likely be willing to take the time out of his busy schedule to do so.
I'll give you this because I know firsthand that it is true

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

WELL FINE. I say this looks like it could be neat, just it should be Shadow with the sword. Then you guys could just brush it off as a non-sonic game and I could be foolishly looking forward to a game wherein Shadow returns to greatness. That being said the picture itself looks rather neat, and I hope it will use the motion plus attachment.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Now that I think of it, they seem to have probed Zeta's brain. He was the one who came up with the idea for a Sonic game set in medieval times once Secret Rings was released, was he not?
Yeah, I'm sorry, but this looks kind of cool to me, guys. I like the idea of Sonic fighting a magical knight in medieval Europe alongside King Arthur. Provided the sword vanishes and only appears at certain moments so he's not looking cumbersome by carrying the damn thing around at 300 mph. Like during the Erazor duel in Secret Rings, I kept on thinking "this would be more dramatic and make slightly more sense if Sonic had a sword too, instead of bopping this guy in the head so he turns into confetti."

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Did anyone noticed the armored glove? Maybe Sonic one day at a garage sale tries it on and finds out that the glove is Possessed with the ghost of...The White Knight? and you are this ghost on the quest to Kill Bi..I mean the Black Knight! The Nun chuck controls Sonic and the Wii Remote the sword?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

So there's literally no limits on where they'd be willing to take the franchise then.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Next stop: Sonic in Soul Calibur 5.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

James McGeachie wrote:So there's literally no limits on where they'd be willing to take the franchise then.
They'd have to change his name to "Sonic the Guinea Pig".

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

SEGA just wants to please people who don't give a shit about them instead of us loyal fans...But, With Unleash they brought some old aspects we fans love, as well as some we don't like so much? To tell the truth the Werehog has always been on my head as an inside joke, on old drawings I made of Sonic in monster form, so to me is like deja vu and kinda freaky, but brings back memories of my stupid drawings. So...Dunno, let see what happens. The New Hog Engine sounds promising, we've seen the game in action, Sonic can actually stop! The game will have Eggman Battles with cool new Egg-mobiles possibly in each stage. so far, it look good. The fact that the Werehog is more of a comic relief than a serious matter makes me proud.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

there should be a poll on what is lamer: Sword Sonic or WereSonic.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Wouldn't it be fun if someone from Sega made a site similar to savedisney.com (which was made by Roy Disney) but instead for Sega? Ah, savesega.com. That'd be awesome if it succeeded in working.

Anyway I just spontaneously checked out savesega.com and it goes to... Kikizo?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Were sonic with a sword in one hand and a gun in the other.

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

At least it's not a gun...

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, I just keep on thinking that this reminds me of Mickey Mouse with a sword in Kingdom Hearts II, which was hilariously awesome. If the sword magically pops out of that snazzy gauntlet so he doesn't have to drag it everywhere like Shadow did in his game, and if they turn the cast into goofy parodies of King Arthur characters (Knuckles as Lancelot, Amy as Gwenyvere, Tails as Merlin, Rouge as Morgana le Fay), I'm in. Wholeheartedly so.

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

Cuckooguy wrote:Wouldn't it be fun if someone from Sega made a site similar to savedisney.com (which was made by Roy Disney) but instead for Sega? Ah, savesega.com. That'd be awesome if it succeeded in working.

Anyway I just spontaneously checked out savesega.com and it goes to... Kikizo?
There actually was a "savesega.com" a few years ago....but it dealt with saving SEGA from Sammy.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

SEGA's decisions are immovable as a mountain.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Ritz wrote:Addendum: No professional artist would care to utilize his skills to troll the Sonic community, nor would he likely be willing to take the time out of his busy schedule to do so.
I'm no professional but I'm sorely tempted to produce something like that pretty much all the time.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I laughed so hard reading this thread. I love you all.
Segaholic2 wrote:Next stop: Sonic in Soul Calibur 5.
I dreamt up this scenario once. I woke up in a bewildered state.