Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Arcade

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Arcade »

I personally would like Tails to have levels that play exactly like Sonic's, only that you have to fly, doesnt have racing involved and Tails gets his own bosses in some stages.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Zeta wrote:But New York doesn't HAVE highways. It should be a subway stage that dips in and out of the ground.
Dude does Europe have loop-de-loops and rails everywhere in the sky around its tallest structures?

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Locit wrote:
Zeta wrote:But New York doesn't HAVE highways. It should be a subway stage that dips in and out of the ground.
Dude does Europe have loop-de-loops and rails everywhere in the sky around its tallest structures?
You'd be surprised.

Speaking of Europe, greetings from my Netherlands holidays!

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

This new teaser trailer is kind of cute!

http://www.thebitbag.com/2008/07/11/son ... r-trailer/

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Barf.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I don't feel like biting the bullet after the last trailer, so what happens?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I think I just tripped and fell into an alternate-reality 1997.

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

^ ...And then they show a close-up of that ugly paw and I'm back in the bloody reality of 2008 SEGA. *sob*

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I don't know, Werewolf-Sonic does seem like something right out of Sonic X-Treme.

CM August

Post by CM August »

I don't recall seeing any Werewolves in X-Treme promos. I do however recall seeing very fun and series-faithful Badnik designs, along with a characteristically surreal world.

But yes, the trailer. Somewhat amusing without showing any in-game footage. Sounds about right.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

FlashTHD wrote:I don't feel like biting the bullet after the last trailer, so what happens?
It's set up like some sort of paranormal documentary like Monster Quest or something, following a strange creature around the globe that only comes out during the night. Lots of "amateur" footage, all of it is unfocused and blurry, etc. Basically, real world locations with a CG "monster" jumping around in the shadows. The voice over describes it is seen "swinging from lightpoles". They find blue "hair" samples from the creature that look like blue-tinted fiber optic wire. For the majority of these clips we never really get to see the creature at all - lots of quick cuts usually right before you get a good look at it.

The faux-documentary ends with the clearest shot of the monster yet - it is dusk, and he lands on a rooftop. You can clearly make out Sonic's trademark shoes, though most of the monster is silhouetted against the setting sun. "When the sun goes down," the announcer says, "A new adventure begins." We see a very, very brief flash of the monster's face but it is quickly replaced by the Sonic Unleashed logo (honestly, it is very quick - the "monster"'s face is only visible for 3 frames of animation).

The hairy clawed hand slams on the screen (re-used from the old teaser where Sonic's fiddling with a ring while whistling Angel Island Zone's tune from Sonic 3), and when it moves away it says "HOLIDAY 2008" inside the hand print.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

They really need to get some one at sega to go around and say, "this is fucking stupid. change it."

Seriously, how can anybody in the world think that trailer is good?

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

It's at least better than a random American family standing around in fursuits waggling some small white sticks.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Come on, it’s obviously meant to be tongue in cheek. I refuse to be any more down on the Were-Hog gameplay until I see it in action. The main game is looking ace. If we get 9 levels of pure quality Sonic gameplay like we’ve seen in a few vids so far, I’ll be happy.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

And yet the press releases still try to pretend that they've kept it incredibly under wraps.

I'd mind the werewolf less if the paw didn't look hideous. Not deformed-monster-hideous. Just retarded-hideous. The whole design is awful. Any attempt they've ever had at making Sonic or Shadow look menacing was in the expression and at times, in the agility. Sonic doesn't work as "hulking", he's too damn tiny in the first place. He looks more like an underfed boar than a wolf. But still, I'd really love to see some gameplay footage just so I can make a judgment. Because many shots we took at Silver when they unveiled him, his gameplay (while botched beyond any recognition of fun in execution), was the best hybrid of Sonic-action and puzzle elements since SA1, at least on paper.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

To tell the truth, Silver's gameplay probably would've worked better as a standalone game with a new IP.

I actually really like this new teaser for it's non-seriousness. Honestly, anyone who thinks this is meant o be serious must really want to hate this game. I like what I see of everything so far, and have the slightest little inkling that whatever gameplay the WereSonic has applied to it won't actually suck. But that's just me.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Rob-Bert wrote:To tell the truth, Silver's gameplay probably would've worked better as a standalone game with a new IP.
Yeah, maybe if the dev team had half a fucking clue how to implement a physics engine and make it fun.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:We see a very, very brief flash of the monster's face but it is quickly replaced by the Sonic Unleashed logo (honestly, it is very quick - the "monster"'s face is only visible for 3 frames of animation).
Jesus god. Hope the rest of him ingame isn't as hardcore as those Geiger jaws.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I kinda like the Geiger jaws. I'm waiting for the gameplay.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

There's your gameplay.

Oddly, it looks more satisfying than Sonic's does. Probably because, the pace being slowed down, you can actually PLATFORM instead of just holding right all the time. Here's hoping, awful character design aside, it's actually fun, because Sonic's gameplay sure as hell doesn't look it.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

I'm too slow!

Post by K2J »

Could be worse, but I'll have my reservations until I play it.
Last edited by K2J on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Those stretchy arms make me wonder if it'll be like Ristar in 3D and a Sonic-flavored coating.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Weresonic's combat looks terrible.

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

Reminds me of (the demo that I played of) Crash and the Beast or whatever it was called.
Which is not a good thing.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Oh God damn it this doesn't look fun at all.