/Banjo Kazooie reference

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

/Banjo Kazooie reference

Post by Locit »

Hey, new Banjo Kazooie 3 shots. I bet some people are interested in them, I surely do.

The shoddy, faux-real world thing they've got going on actually has me interested! Neat!

Team Mecha

Re: /Banjo Kazooie reference

Post by Team Mecha »

Way more from where that came from. Apparently someone actually did like the Gummi Ship mode from KH.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Nice!

I'm not the biggest fan of the new angular-style characters but I'm digging the grandeur scale of everything in these shots. The focus on vehicles is kind of worrisome though... hopefully further shots will give us more platforming action. I'd get excited to see transformations and such but I'm getting the sinking feeling that Mumbo has been made into a mechanic this time round. Please don't Rare D=

Unless of course Humba Wumba has that role again. In which case... eh. I guess it keeps Mumbo from bring a weak playable who's best magic spell was oxygenating water.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

If not for the one shot of banjo on the tight rope, I'd have assumed this was a racing spin off.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

That world looks like Dr. Robotnik got hold of Yoshi's Story. Quite interesting though...
And I agree that the amount of vehicles is quite worrisome.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I'm getting Little Big Planet vibes.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Too many vehicles, not enough platforms. Show me the Jiggies, yo.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm more excited about Viva Pinata 2. Penguins and customizable enviroments, bitch!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

New details on the game formerly known as Banjo Kazooie 3 and Banjo Threeie have emerged courtesy of Game Informer and GameReactor, both via message board NeoGAF. Rare's latest Xbox 360 venture, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, won't strictly follow the traditional gameplay of the previous two colorful platformers, but will have a heavy focus on vehicles and vehicle building. According to alleged details from the latest Game Informer mag—the same issue posted about earlier—the game will feature some 1600 vehicle parts and weapons with which one can customize their ride, from bikes to karts to planes.

A poster, who appears to be from Danish gaming site GameReactor writes that vehicle creation is similar to building with LEGO blocks, that players can edit their creations at any point. The poster explains how a truck creation was incapable of delivering the required amount of coconuts to finish a level, but that a helicopter more suited to coconut carrying was. In other words, if coconut schlepping is your thing, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts will fit the bill.
This sounds incredibly lame as hell. He said it wasn't going to be a racing game, but it sure as fuck sounds one. This is like the Rare version of Sonic 360.

Viva Pinata 2 Features:
* VP2 uses the Vision Camera in combination with physical cards sorta like Eye of Judgement. It basically scans a small code on the card, when it's being held up in front of the camera, and this can both insert custom designed pinatas, unlock buildings or abilities, change the weather and many other things. We were told how Rare had designed a moose that got a big, red nose only around christmas time... and this could be passed around with these cards.
* So the game also got a photo mode. Cool, but that's not the best! This photo mode is able to interpret the pictures and create the above-mentioned code based on the picture. Basically, you will have a card generator available on the internet! Imagine this: you have created this really cool pinata and instead of the tiresome task of sending it only to selected friends on Live, you can take a picture of it, get the code/card generated and share it on a forum. Instantly everyone will be able to get the pinata in their game and since the camera can also read from LCD screens, ipods, zunes etc., there is little to no hassle. Now THAT'S sharing!
* Terrain customization for different biomes for different species of Pinatas.
* Co-op.
* Now 100 different species of Pinata. 60 old ones and more than 30 new ones.
* Improved interactivity between the pinata's and the environments.
* Pinata's will interact with eachother more, other than fighting and sex, and will play and follow eachother aorund.
* They'll be adding toys for the pinatas to play with like musical instruments, spaced themed toys, and trains that the pinata's will ride around the garden.
* VP2 uses the Vision Cam in conjunction with game-generated codes to share all manner of objects, including custom designed pinatas, buildings or abilities, the weather and more.
* "We were told how Rare had designed a moose that got a big, red nose only around christmas time... and this could be passed around with these cards"

CM August

Post by CM August »

Why did they bother making a Banjo game if they're going to change so much about it? Throwing out the visual charm of the originals in exchange for this hideous Madagascar/Robots hybrid doesn't exactly float my boat, not to mention the vastly different gameplay.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

They turned Banjo Kazooie into Halo Kidz.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

If you can imagine it, you can build it in the Mumbo’s Motors easy-to-use workshop. Then put your creation to the test as you take on Grunty in your quest for Spiral Mountain. Unlike other games, where the player progressively picks up new skills or abilities at points pre-determined by the game’s creator, “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts” puts the power of improving Banjo’s abilities into the hands of the players as they build vehicles that allow Banjo to progress through the game. Vehicle parts include a wide variety of body panels, engines, wheels, wings, propellers, fuel and weapons, plus many more weird and wonderful gadgets such as floaters, Mumbo Bombos and the versatile sticky ball, from which players can design and create anything from a simple object-carrying truck to a space-age flying saucer. Once you’ve designed your creation, give it the finishing touch by painting it and choosing a suitable name before Banjo jumps in and pilots it into action.

With more than 100 contraption parts and unlimited combinations possible, no two players will have the same experience in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.” By exploring the vast game worlds, discovering hidden secrets and solving puzzles to win rewards, players continually find more and more ways to customize and improve their contraptions, creating an unprecedented level of user-generated content for a 3-D platform adventure game.
I think the gameplay looks fun and innovative. If it weren't a Banjo game there wouldn't be anything to complain about. I get the impression that they wanted to do something new but couldn't risk creating a new franchise after how poorly Kameo and Viva Pinata sold.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I'm with Frieza, it looks fun! I'm not too sure about the racing bits, but I think the vehicle exploration could be really cool if done properly.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Headless Mario? Holy shit, can they really do that?!

It might actually turn out to be okay, but it's definitely just a spinoff, not a proper platforming sequel like I kind of had my heart set on since the first teaser video like, what, a year ago?

The problem with Kameo I think may have been less an issue of it being a new property so much as it being a new property that sucked. As for Viva Pinata, it's probably just really difficult to sell a virtual pet sim to the Xbox crowd. It would've sold gangbusters on the Wii (but any half-assed crap sells on the Wii).

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Well according to Greg Mayles, you're either going to like this "spinoff" or else.
We've kind of taken a step back from that and tried to make it a simpler, cleaner approach, obviously with this new mechanic in place. I guess we're all hoping for a clean start, that's what I think it'll do. It's kind of, 'There's your old Banjo games, let's put those in the past, you can remember how good those were, this is Banjo for the future'.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

In case anyone was wondering, the new Pinatas are as follows:
* Bispotti - Ladybug
* Camello - Camel
* Chocstrich - Ostrich
* Custacean - Crab
* Flapyak - Yak
* Gecko - Geko
* Hoghurt - Warthog
* Hootyfruity - Owl
* Jeli - Yeti
* Lemmoning - Lemming
* Limeoceros - Rhino
* Moojoo - Moose
* Parmadillo - Armadillo
* Pengum - Penguin
* Pieena - Hyena
* Polollybear - Polar Bear
* S'morepion - Scorpion
* Sarsgorilla - Gorilla
* Sweetle - Beetle
* Tartridge - Partridge
* Tigermisu - Tiger
* Vulchurro - Vulture
* Walrusk - Walrus
* Choclodocus - Dinosaur
* Robean - ???
* Smelba - Skunk

We can probably expect a giraffe and kangaroo, too.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Zeta wrote:SARSgorilla
Zeta wrote:SARSgorilla

I'm kind of hoping someone makes a meme out of this.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Hahaha, I only just noticed that. Awesome.

Problem is, HOW would it be done? A gorilla with Photoshopp'd measles?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Hootyfruity
Polollybear
Choclodocus
Haillo dun Barry, those are the silliest names ever written.
On the Banjo-Kazooie topic, at least the new game seems to have SOME old-school plataforming. It's still too early, but I think this is one game I'd get if I ever won a free 360.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Yami CJMErl wrote:Problem is, HOW would it be done? A gorilla with Photoshopp'd measles?
It's 4chan's job to come up with ways to make stupid shit like this work, though they'd probably just make a motivational poster out of it and leave it at that. In the meantime, I propose that we all start referring to GG! exclusively as Sarsgibbon.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Just put one of those dumb gardening masks on a gorilla. Easy.

Meat

Post by Meat »

Viva Pinata 2=awesome

Banjo Kazooie K&B looks meh to me. But I've never been too big into racing.

How is it that they got that 8-bit-ish Mario into the game?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Just saw the trailer.
It's Rare's version of Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders and those godawful Gummi Ship sections of godawful Kingdom Hearts, all mixed-up and served in one lame title.

And OH GAWD TEHY BELW UP MARIO!!
Yeah, that was somewhat unexpected and almost funny, in that N64-logo-sawing way.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

All a Banjo Kazooie game has to do to be ruined is exist.