Sonic Unleashed?

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Dasher

Re: Sonic Unleashed?

Post by Dasher »

Ah! I knew that! <_<... >_>
Attachments
Bang bang!
Bang bang!
Silvbullet.jpg (136.52 KiB) Viewed 7189 times

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

As long as I don't have to play as Shadow, I won't care if he's in. Silver can fuck off though.

I was hoping they would have done WereSonic similar to "Dark Jak" from Jak II. A major part of the storyline, but you can still go through the whole game without once using the transformation. But the press release dosen't make it sound like that will be the case.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Choose a Story screen:

SONIC - WERESONIC - LAST
Last edited by P.P.A. on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

WW

Post by WW »

Thanks for spoiling it for me. =(

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

WW wrote:Thanks for spoiling it for me. =(
Heeeere it comes.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Part of me just died.

WW

Post by WW »

You said that during the last Sonic game's trailer.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

No You
Last edited by Dasher on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

Someone need to tell SEGA that everyone already knows about Weresonic.
That, and that voice sounds like a kid trying to sound scary. Not really like a wild, bloodthirsty beast. Though the voices will probably be the least important problem here...

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Well someone of 4KIDS caliber will always sound like a kid trying to sound scary.

PS. The voices add up to the problem genius.

Example #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPq0HbSp ... re=related
Last edited by Dasher on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

You have a point there. Also, Tails in Rush.
ALRIGHT, SONIC'S HERE
DO YOUR BEST SONIC
GO GET 'EM SONIC
NICE, SONIC
NO SONIC
...and so on. Plus all with that FUCKING ANNOYING retarded+homosexual (no offense) child's voice, in addition to the already annoying boss fights and the... well, let's say "taste-dependant" music.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Dasher wrote:PS. The voices add up to the problem genius.
A single flight of stairs in the fire escape of a skyscraper constructed with the synthetic polymers of lies and broken dreams. You kids need to find something else to bitch about.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

We are just beating a dead horse, its pointless but makes us feel better, gotta let out the rage...um...wait.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

For the love of god, someone bring back the Ignore feature.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Zeta wrote:For the love of god, someone bring back the Ignore feature.
Control panel > Friends & Foes.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

New bit of pre-rendered footage. Were Sonic is a reality it looks like... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy73Kv6bd78

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Isn't that the same video?

Sorry, Ritz showed us the joyous news before you did. :/

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Wow, that's got to be the most counterproductive, hope-killling teaser I've ever seen. Way to subvert all that (completely accidental) goodwill you garnered from the leak, Sega.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Damn... I don't know but... I... i think I like that trailer. I'm not into the whole Weresonic thing, but taken out of context that is some damn awesome trailer.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

To restate what I've said elsewhere:

This trailer’s message is, in no uncertain terms, that the classic, ring-based Sonic gameplay we have seen in trailers (official and otherwise) thus far will take a backseat (or at the very least will be challenged significantly in overall gameplay emphasis) to the combat segments based around Were-Sonic as officially confirmed in the recent press release.

As far as this teaser is concerned none of the stuff we’ve seen up to now is even the real focus of this game. Teasers like this aren’t just made for the hell of it. They have a message- and this one’s message doesn’t bode well for the game’s balance of “normal” and combat segments. It is half and half, with the combat figuratively pulverizing the former (often associated with the “classic”) gameplay style.

Even more worrying is the fact that Sega hasn’t shown anyone the combat segments they’re playing up. They are certainly doing a good job at drawing attention to them, but with so much ill-will bred over the past half-decade due to crappy alternate gameplay styles in Sonic games, such publicity will only serve to spread doubts about the game’s quality- as seen thus far in most reactions to the trailer. They have to show that it can be (even, dare I say, prove it IS) a truly enjoyable experience to beat enemies up as a giant, feral Were-Sonic before they can talk said talk and not have it thrown back in their faces.

Sometimes it's really hard to believe just how crazy the people handling Sonic's image must be. Or, alternately, how completely nonexistent they are. Someone go get the guys behind Sega Superstars Tennis and put them in charge. Right now. Or several months ago.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Sometimes it's really hard to believe just how crazy the people handling Sonic's image must be. Or, alternately, how completely nonexistent they are. Someone go get the guys behind Sega Superstars Tennis and put them in charge. Right now. Or several months ago.
I think it's pretty obvious that the people at Sega have no idea what the fuck to do with Sonic. As we've seen from the past 3 or 4 games or so, creative decision-making has basically gone out the window in favor of basing all decisions of focus-group testing of 10-year old boys. Which is obvious when you think about it. 10-year old boys who just learned their first cursewords and think anything with "violence" or "darkness" in it is mind-blowing stuff that adults are trying to hide from them and their gateway to the "real world of grownups and sex and drugs and rock music and boobies". Hence, we get shit like Shadow and Weresonic. It's just like those awful teenage fanfic authors who write sweeping "mature" angst epics about date rape and drugs featuring crap like Pokemon.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Locit wrote:Someone go get the guys behind Sega Superstars Tennis and put them in charge. Right now. Or several months ago.
...why?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Locit wrote:Sometimes it's really hard to believe just how crazy the people handling Sonic's image must be. Or, alternately, how completely nonexistent they are.
I think this is what happened. It looks like they started listening to their critics and they probably ran into the notion that Shadow is disliked by a lot of people, who'd rather see a game where Sonic is the only playable character. But the kiddies like him because he's all dark and edgy. So the natural compromise, their marketing consultants pointed out, is to make Sonic dark and edgy. Justify it by making it temporary and throw in some ancient mythology to satiate the older crowd. An unfortunate miscalculation, it seems.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Can anyone make out what he's whistling? I think it's a bit of Can You Feel the Sunshine, but I'm not certain. It would at least be sort of clever if it is.