Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
UCHU

Re: Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Post by UCHU »

Man, thank god I preordered my copy. The line at the EB Games I got it at went insane. It piled outside of the store within hours. I think there were a couple of cosplayers, too.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Hybrid wrote:
j-man wrote:No, it's because you said it was his S3K pose, when he's been finger-wagging and foot-tapping since Sonic 1. That's why you fail. But it's cool, no-one minds.

lol what its the exact same pose

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

What in The Lord's name happened in that last one?

Also, I just noticed your game definitely has to be a media darling in order to get some pretty decent reviews, the kind that actually cares to look at the game with some degree of deepness. Though they'll also suffer from score inflation, but who cares about that anyways.
While GameTrailers won't hesitate in ignoring every single game mechanic that makes Senko no Ronde such an addictive game, or say that you have to keep the left analog stick up to accelerate in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, they also mentioned the removal of that wave-dashing feature in Brawl.
So there.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I grabbed mine at the local Fred Meyer, they had piles of them right at the counter, for impulse purchases, I suppose. I think that's the first time they've ever had a game I wanted on the day it came out.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

lol the cavalry has arrived

Sorry, do carry on.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Is it just me or is this taxing anyone else's hardware like nothing that came before it? I've never heard my Wii make sounds like that before (go ahead, make the penis joke). There were a couple of cutscenes that were skipping pretty heavy, too.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

My Wii made worse sounds playing Ultimate Spider-Man and Lego Star Wars than this game.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

It's the first dual-layer DVD for the system, right? That's why its being somewhat noisy and has such a time loading.

Oh yeah, and the random Wi-Fi matches are down. Of course.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Still haven't gotten Wolf. I can get TO him, but he's got the cheapest AI in the game and constantly spams the block button, dodges everything you throw at him without his shield shrinking and has high and powerful hits. Possibly the most blatant instance of the AI cheating in this game. His moves have priority over every character I've used to fight him. No matter what we do, if we're both attacking at the same time, I get hurt and he walks away without a scratch. And what really sucks about this is that I don't even want the fucking character. I hate him. I'm just doing this so I can finish the fucking game. If I ever unlock him, I'm just going to spend an hour beating the shit out of him for beating the cheap, unoriginal waste of space he is. Not to mention I have to travel through half of a fucking cheap level of SSE whenever I want to try to get him again. It's like they read the mind of every fucking Tourneyfag in the world and decided to program it into this one fucking fight.

Oh, and the SSE turned out to be fun until the end when you have to fight every boss, travel through a maze, and revist every level all over again.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

u can also get him by fighting 450 vs matches or beating boss rush with fox.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Zeta wrote:Still haven't gotten Wolf. I can get TO him, but he's got the cheapest AI in the game and constantly spams the block button, dodges everything you throw at him without his shield shrinking and has high and powerful hits. Possibly the most blatant instance of the AI cheating in this game. His moves have priority over every character I've used to fight him. No matter what we do, if we're both attacking at the same time, I get hurt and he walks away without a scratch. And what really sucks about this is that I don't even want the fucking character. I hate him. I'm just doing this so I can finish the fucking game. If I ever unlock him, I'm just going to spend an hour beating the shit out of him for beating the cheap, unoriginal waste of space he is. Not to mention I have to travel through half of a fucking cheap level of SSE whenever I want to try to get him again. It's like they read the mind of every fucking Tourneyfag in the world and decided to program it into this one fucking fight.

Oh, and the SSE turned out to be fun until the end when you have to fight every boss, travel through a maze, and revist every level all over again.
I concur about Wolf's cheapness. For that matter, it seems like all three "secret" characters (Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff) have unfair A.I., and are an absolute BITCH to unlock. I was only able to get Toon Link after a couple of tries because he's the easiest one to get to, and I was surpised by a challenge from Jigglypuff after playing some random Brawls or something (I forget exactly), and only THEN I was lucky enough to snag a Dragoon.

As for that part of SSE, I admit it was a bit...needlessly extensive. I think they were trying to shoehorn in some sort of "Metroid"-ish gameplay there... :neutral:

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

I'm rather liking the end of SSE. Haven't completed it yet, but I think little bite-sized portions of the levels are better than having to go through a whole stage of something you might not like. Plus, you get to be pretty much any character. It also helps that the "Dark" Characters are easier to defeat than, say, a gigantic Diddy Kong.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I hereby nominate Captain Falcon and Ollimar's intro video from SSE for a place among the best moments in gaming history.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Wooduck51 wrote:I hereby nominate Captain Falcon and Ollimar's intro video from SSE for a place among the best moments in gaming history.
I concur. Falcon Punch-ing a giant R.O.B. into submission and slaying a bunch of helpless plant-beings in the process is pretty damn epic.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Green Hill Zone is pretty awesome. It might look a little boring compared to other stages, but it's perfectly suited to the way Sonic plays - rush in and spin-rape everyone at once and then rush away until they're weak enough to KO with kick attacks.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Neo wrote:pictures
Yeah but its still the pose he makes when he finishes an act in S3&K so I don't know how this makes me wrong? The fact he's done the pose before is rather irrelevant considering its still the pose I said it was.

Though I've never seen that in-game one where he's standing next to the SEGA logo before. Still.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Hybrid wrote: Though I've never seen that in-game one where he's standing next to the SEGA logo before. Still.
It was the initial loading screen for most (all?) Mega-CD games. I think it appeared also appeared as the boot screen in a couple of Master System games too.

^_^

Neo

Post by Neo »

It's part of the US/EU bios, so yeah, "every game", I guess.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Yeah, there's no picture when you load up games on the Japanese Mega CD. It's just text (Sonic 1 on the Game Gear was barely out when the Mega CD debuted in 1991. I guess they didn't think Sonic was mainstream enough in Japan at that time or something?).

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

SEGA itself wasn't mainstream in Japan back then. The next best candidate would have been Opa-Opa, or Harrier, or the Ferrari Couple.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Or Alex Kidd. He was the closest Sega had to a mascot before Sonic. And Opa-Opa before him.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

So, you schmucks get wolf yet? It only took me two tries to K.O. him, and I would have got him in the first fight except that the bom-omb that killed him killed me a millisecond quicker.

And the maze is a breeze with co-op.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I got Wolf in one try. I think the trick is just to use a character your real comfortable with. In Zeta's case, it might be that he hates Starfox characters so much that he can't KO Wolf.

Jigglypuff was the final character I unlocked, which is bizarre, because it was almost always the first character you would unlock in the past two games.

I really love what they did with Sonic. The classic jump noise, screeching to a halt, standing with his fists at his hips, the idle animation if you do nothing, the Peel-Out, if only he'd drop rings when he takes damage. *sigh*
How do you get Sonic to do that during a battle? I tried all of his taunts and that finger wave isn't one of them.

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

Man, Wolf's inclusion is really justified after you finally play as him. Not only does he control entirely different from Fox or Falco, but I actually think he's better than those two. His Up-B can really kick ass in heated 4 player matches.

In fact, all the clones work out much better than in Melee. So while they may have the same B moves, they all work so differently it becomes a moot point.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Oompa Star wrote:I really love what they did with Sonic ... if only he'd drop rings when he takes damage. *sigh*
That would be the most annoying thing in the world though.