Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Eh, I think I'd prefer Corneria to Sector Z myself, if only because they're the same damn level, and <i>StarFox</i> already has a space stage going for it so, for the sake of variety, Corneria's surface-based BG would be nicer.

Mushroom Kingdom I should be the N64 design, because that was miles better. I'd also like to see MKII come back, if only because I really liked <i>SMB2</i>.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Speaking of SMB2, I'd like to see some representation of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic as assist trophies or just plain trophies. Just because.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

This makes me happy. I'm not entirely sure why--maybe because this and Wario-Man made the week slightly less boring.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Things are slow here so let's stir up things a bit.

Everybody, pick the oldest and most unlikely character to show up. If it does, you lose. And if you lose, you suck. Big time.
We had a bunch of surprises with the Assist Trophies, so you'll never know.

I choose... the BLUE GUY from that NES fighting game where you had to push the other guy into an open manhole!!

Oh yes. A picture might be nice.

Edit: Oh yeah. The name of the game was Urban Champion.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I dunno; Nintendo likes to pimp that game. Despite the fact it was absolutely awful.

I call the main character from <i>Spacewar</i>. Top that.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Mike Tyson.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Shadow Hog wrote:Eh, I think I'd prefer Corneria to Sector Z myself, if only because they're the same damn level, and <i>StarFox</i> already has a space stage going for it so, for the sake of variety, Corneria's surface-based BG would be nicer.
For some reason though, the Great Fox larger in Sector Z. I would prefer Sector Z for the larger arena to run around in. Unless they just increase the size of the Great Fox in Corneria, which would be fine too.

I choose Paperboy for character least likely to show up.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Well, he did appear in SNES, so... I vote none other than Sparkster.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Yay! Hyrule Temple was the best stage in Melee. I hope they bring back Brinstar Depths as well.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Captain N.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Fun tidbit: this Monday would've been December 3rd. So, had they not delayed it, we'd have been playing <i>Brawl</i> very, very soon.

That being said, maybe they'll commemorate this former release date with a big announcement? One can hope.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

<i>Today I have some bad news.

As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—it will now be launching on July 4th in the Americas. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that goal.</i>

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Um, where did you get that from?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I think he was joking about an announcement for Monday. It's basically the announcement for the last delay with the date changed.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hold me back, I'm going to kill him.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Oh please, they wouldn't release it in the summer. They'll hold the finished product back till September.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I dunno, <i>Smash</i> is one of those games where you could probably get away with a summer release... Plus that'd probably be the most forgiving on any would-be competition (I mean, WHAT games get released in the summer? Honestly?)

Here's a good idea for next Monday: regardless if we get the same boring updates on the Dojo, have <i>Smash 64</i> for the VC.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Yeah, I'm sure I'll play it for 5 minutes before going back to Melee.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I have a friend who prefers 64 to Melee. I have no idea why, the only difference are a few stages and Ness, Pikachu, and Kirby being horrible nerfed.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Zeta wrote:I have a friend who prefers 64 to Melee. I have no idea why, the only difference are a few stages and Ness, Pikachu, and Kirby being horrible nerfed.
...OK, that's just wrong. I'd say the most noticeable difference is how ridiculously powerful throws are in 64. To name a few more: 64 has longer hitstun, so combos are easier. Melee has airdodging and point-dodging, and Samus and Link can grapple back to the stage. Shielding is much worse in 64. In Melee, the only characters with true spikes are Falco and Marth; edgeguarding in general is much harder in Melee. You can't crouch cancel in 64. Z-canceling in 64 is much better than L-canceling in Melee, because it wasn't intended. Etc.

I also like 64 better, but that may largely be because I understand it better.

Mep

Post by Mep »

Besides the Ice Climbers and the easier short hops, I also prefer 64 over Melee. Aerial attacks have almost no lag when you L-cancel, so the combos are a lot more fun. Overall, everything is just way more offensive and useful in 64.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Sniffnoy wrote:...OK, that's just wrong. I'd say the most noticeable difference is how ridiculously powerful throws are in 64. To name a few more: 64 has longer hitstun, so combos are easier. Melee has airdodging and point-dodging, and Samus and Link can grapple back to the stage. Shielding is much worse in 64. In Melee, the only characters with true spikes are Falco and Marth; edgeguarding in general is much harder in Melee. You can't crouch cancel in 64. Z-canceling in 64 is much better than L-canceling in Melee, because it wasn't intended. Etc.
It's posts like this that make me realize I obviously have no fucking idea what I'm doing when I play Smash Bros.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Seconded. Good GOD, seconded.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Nope, nothing even remotely important today. Just Friend Codes.

Actually, I take that back, Friend Codes ARE important... in the sense that they're so god damned annoying. See, this update even goes into detail over the whole process, which, despite it not being their intent, highlights just how tedious the whole damn thing is.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Yep. Simple.

Simple is best.