NiGHTS into Dreams is coming to the PS2

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Kogen wrote:I honestly don't want more rapping rollerskate teens, retards in taxis, or emos flying dragons.
And what about firefightin' dumbfucks? I'm TIRED of them!!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I'd care, but I don't own a PS2.

So yeah.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

By that I was saying I don't like those games, not just dismissing them because I can. I actually don't like most of the Dreamcast era franchises and I'm kind of sure that's a key reason why it failed(not just me not liking them, of course).

Yami, you can probably just get a cheap PS2 next year when rhyme games are stupid again to the public and PS2 has nothing to live on.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Kogen wrote:I don't have any issue with old games being made instead of a constant stream of new franchises either; I honestly don't want more rapping rollerskate teens, retards in taxis, or emos flying dragons. I'd rather Hang-On, Streets of Rage, and NiGHTS on the PS2 with better graphics.
The Panzer Dragoon series is older than NiGHTS, dumbass.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Kogen wrote:I actually don't like most of the Dreamcast era franchises and I'm kind of sure that's a key reason why it failed(not just me not liking them, of course).
That's pretty much exactly what you're saying, though.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Panzer Dragoon was a bad example, so ignore that!

And what do you mean by "That's pretty much...", Locit? I thought most of the games, while pretty and had online play, were shitty. As did almost everyone else I knew that liked SEGA. Hence why no one bought it; it's not like it was expensive or normal people even remotely give a shite about DVDs in their game system(see: Wii). I'm not sure what you meant so maybe that was pointless to say.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

I'm saying you said it failed because you didn't like the games, even though you said that wasn't the reason it failed (after saying it was). But let's not get into semantics here!

The Dreamcast was/is widely regarded by most of the gaming population as an absolutely stellar platform with a great lineup of games. It's not hard to rattle off dozens of genuinely innovative games for it, not to mention groundbreaking services like Sega.Net. Toward the end of the system's lifespan Sega was even starting up a series of episodic games in collaboration with Capcom (El Dorado Gate).

I can't speak as to why you and your friends are so down on it, but you seem to be in the minority of gamers when it comes to the Dreamcast and its games.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Well I meant myself as a gamer sharing the same opinion as the majority of gamers. I added the last comment so someone wouldn't take it literally as me not buying a DC made it fail, but it didn't work.

I'll simply disagree with what you said since if everyone loved it, SEGA wouldn't have went third-party and they wouldn't have bored Popcorn today.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

I'll simply disagree with what you said since if everyone loved it, SEGA wouldn't have went third-party and they wouldn't have bored Popcorn today.
Everyone who had one did love it. The Dreamcast had a number of factors that worked actively against its success, but crappy games was not among them.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Kogen wrote: I honestly don't want more rapping rollerskate teens, retards in taxis, or emos flying dragons
That's it. It's all over. I'm leaving. I'm taking everything. You guys can keep the kids.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Well since I got it late, it may have been much less exciting without online and maybe the games were more of a 'good at the time' rather than 'always good'. Either that or I have an extremely poor selection of games. Sonic Adventure International, Sonic Adventure 2, and Shenmue were the only games I thought were worth playing much of. While at the same time I can play a few Saturn games on an emulator that runs poorly and just see videos of others and know I'd like it a lot more. I still think Dreamcast was more of a graphics/features over actual timeless games like NiGHTS.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Popcorn wrote:
Kogen wrote: I honestly don't want more rapping rollerskate teens, retards in taxis, or emos flying dragons
That's it. It's all over. I'm leaving. I'm taking everything. You guys can keep the kids.
You stay right here and suffer with the rest of us.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Jeez Kogen, what games do you like then?

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

As I've expressed time and time again, I do hope they make some effort to implement Christmas NiGHTS features into the game. Or at the very least, include Christmas NiGHTS itself as an extra. Hopefully that Gallery is some kind of indication.

As I was discussing with Silv the other night, at least including the option to do a reverse course on each existing stage would be a nice enough extra. I mean, it can't be that much effort.
Last edited by Pepperidge on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Maybe some sequences, like those rides in Stick Canyon will... I don't know, "feel" awkward but yeah, it's quite possible to mirror the stages without screwing them up.
And it says that the game'll come in DVD-ROM, the very least they can do is include every piece of NiGHTS code in it and then some.

Also:
Locit wrote:I know for a fact that Futatsugi has said the original source code for Panzer Dragoon Saga has been lost. I'm pretty sure Gametap already has Zwei in its library, though.
How comes that this happened, any details? The only tragical incidents related to PDS that I was aware of were the deaths of some of its creative staff members... which is very creepy, indeed.
Last edited by Isuka on Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

1up.com did a huge feature about Panzer Dragoon Saga here, wherein Futatsugi revealed a great deal about the development of the game and how Team Andromeda worked back in the day.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Sega Japan have published a profile page, which reveals that a limited edition release is planned.

Apparently, the original Saturn game was accompanied by the release of a picture book that was popular among Japanese players. The limited edition version of the PS2 game includes a full reprint of the book.

The game is due on 21 February 2008.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

... ^_^

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Screw Nights 2! this is the shit! cant wait to play a sexy version of Nights, look at those graphics! even though Nights 2 has better graphics this one looks fantastic! they dont make em like they used to.
Last edited by Dasher on Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Whatever happened to Gulpo's Puke?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Sexy.

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

Images from Famitsu website

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1211999_1407.html

Looks like it will include the original graphics!!!

I love it, I love the original game, and I don't care if they screw this version, I'll still love the original version, and I don't even care what will other people think about that version, I'll still love the original one and maybe this one too

GIB BURNING RANGERS AND ZWEI NAO (maybe zwei not, I want a remake with Orta graphics on Wii xP)

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Hey, the Nightopians aren't 2D sprites any more. Neat! So will this get a European release?

I reeeeaaally hope that the '?????' on the mode select is Christmas NiGHTS. The new Gallery has the same design as Chritmas NiGHTS's Presents gallery.

Mep

Post by Mep »

It also looks like the CG cutscenes are now rendered in realtime. Looking good if you ask me.

I sure hope this comes to the US...

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

So very, very sexy.