Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

If you mean the Tanooki Suit, then...actually, yes. he would. O_o

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Notice the flower, It is the classic Fire Flower from SMB1 and 3.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hey, Sonic with the blaster = Sonic with guns. Pop a cap in yo' ass Shadow style, byatch.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I wonder what kind of Sonic items will appear Brawl. Most of them have functions that already appeared in a different form in previous Smash Bros games, (invincibility-super star, power shoes-bunny hood, ect.).

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I imagine the only Sonic-related item we'll see are crates in the form of the television boxes that are in the Sonic series.

Dunno what the barrel and the balloons would be though.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Maybe one-time placeable a star bumper? Do they have that already?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Technically, they already have the old bumper from the N64 Smash Bros. game.

But "monitor" crates would be cool. I'd almost suggest that they could put in Power Rings to give people Spin Jump attacks (like Sonic X), but that'd be little more than a different version of the Screw Attack item...

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Shields. They absorb all damage up to a set amount before cracking. It's not quite the same as invincibility, but still gives you an edge.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Super sneakers!

Wait, that would just be like the bunny hood... except without the jump.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124098

This is the only truly intelligent discussion I've seen on all the possibilities since this game was announced.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Well, isn't Smash Boards, like, the Sonic Stadium equivalent to the SSB games?

It'd only make sense that SOME proportion of the site (no matter how small) would be intelligent.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I was actually thinking about that today, and I concluded that the best thing would be the barrier. The barrierS I mean. Fire, Water and Magnet, would be great.

Hmm let me see. I don't know how the rings could work. Maybe if you had at least one ring then you wouldn't be smashed. Or maybe one giant Special Ring that teleports you to safety.

If we were to use non-classic stuff, then maybe a Chaos Emerald that creates Chaos Control.

How about save posts?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I would definitely love to see the S3&K shields all make a comeback. They're all different enough to be worth including, and potentially effective enough to pose a threat in battle. Plus whenever the water shield came up hilarity would never be far behind.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

they should make it so when you grab a ring the next attack does not do any damage. So if you get hit by a single strong attack you don't get damaged but if it is a multi hit attack you will still get hurt.

Hope that made sence...

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'd add the Rings and an Electric Shield as items, and items all come out of monitors on Sonic's stage. Holding a ring makes you invincible for one attack, and having the Electric Shield draws items towards you, lets you jump higher, and gives your melee attacks electric charges until the next time you're hit.

Lame update tonight again. Making nearly two weeks of lameosity in a row. But at least this pretty much cinches in Tails as an AT.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

MGS nerds the World over must be touching themselves right now... which is kind of funny, I remember some of them bitching about Kojima being a sellout for developing Twin Snakes exclusively for GameCube, then getting all excited for Snake being featured in this game. Whatever.

The Sonic 3/ & Knuckles multiple barriers'd be great as an addition for every stage, though the only way to justify the aqua barrier's existance would be to have underwater threats in some stages. I mean, aside from bouncing over people endlessly.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Electric Shield = protects you from damage up to a certain percent, or you can sacrifice it for an extra jump

If this update didn't solidify the fact that Sakurai indeed enjoys teasing us, then nothing will.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Todays update indicates that we may have Tails or other characters as assist trophies.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I'd say it's pretty much a given now. I wasn't originally sure that third-party franchises would get Assist Trophies, but this all but guarantees at least one Sonic-series AT.

aso

Post by aso »

Which will most likely be Tails, yes.
He approaches stealthily with lithe jumps, coming right in then slicing repeatedly. Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.
He's not even making his taunting subtle here. Sakurai's getting cocky.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

aso wrote:He's not even making his taunting subtle here. Sakurai's getting cocky.
And from what I've seen, fanboys internet-wide are throwing angry crying bitch fits over it.

As for Assist Trophies, nothing against Tails but I'd rather see Robotnik get a spot if each third-party only gets one (which is probably not going to be the case).

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

It was semi-confirmed from impressions in E for All demo of this game that Tails was indeed an AT. He carries you back on the level incase you fell.
And from what I've seen, fanboys internet-wide are throwing angry crying bitch fits over it.
Sakurai is such an awesome troll! =D

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

How can something be semi-confirmed?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Because there were no screenshots or videos to go with said reports.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Ngangbius wrote:It was semi-confirmed from impressions in E for All demo of this game that Tails was indeed an AT. He carries you back on the level incase you fell.
This is exactly what I hoped it would be. Cool!