Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Kirby was actually one of the best characters in the original. Funnily enough, so was Pikachu.

Both were absolutely destroyed in the transition to Melee, though.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Maybe Sakurai decided to be less modest about his own characters this time?

Mep

Post by Mep »

Anyone else think that they might skimp out on balance a little this time? I mean, now with the inclusion of FS they could make a character weak, but make their Final smash really strong. Kinda happens in a lot of games with specials, and I doubt all the FS'es will be the same in strength.

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

It seems like it so far. Sonic's FS looks somewhat avoidable if you good at evading.

But Mario's FS looks almost impossible to avoid.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

As does Samus's. That thing is fucking huge.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Well, it looks like Sonic's last move is a Donkey Kong style windup punch. Which I just find plain weird.

Anon

Post by Anon »

That's his Forward Smash. Neutral B is the Homing Attack:
The IGN article wrote:Sonic is also an interesting fighter, as he has a ton of seeking moves. A regular special attack sends him spinning into the air at what seems to be the nearest character, delivering a combo of hits in the process.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

This just occured to me, the song "Live and learn" could be in that video because SA2:B was the first major Nintendo Sonic game.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Dasher wrote:This just occured to me, the song "Live and learn" could be in that video because SA2:B was the first major Nintendo Sonic game.
Isuka already mentioned that.

Four pages ago.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

EDIT: Oh I see! yeah he did post about it first! my bad.

BTW..IGN has 3 new Highrez pics.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/7485 ... 68689.html

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Supposedly Meta's drawback is a difficult to use FS.

Anon

Post by Anon »

http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-wit ... 8983.phtml

Most interesting thing in this article? One of the Assist Trophies mentioned is from Treasure's Sin and Punishment. Take that as you will.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Finally, Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash is just getting her suit back and also radiating a lot of energy around her that will hurt you, but won't do significant damage.
That is some of the best news I have heard so far, I wondered if I would be stuck with ZS Samus for the rest of a match after Final smashing, but it is not so.

And if I may, it seems they would choose live and learn because it is from the best 3-d Sonic game Sonic team has managed to produce, and they wanted peoples minds to go there. And yes I know all the arguments for adventure, but after playing SA2 last night I was struck by how much thought was actually put into that game. Barring a few minor things it was a great improvement over adventure in controls, detail and story telling ( I was struck by how the characters actually have expressions as opposed to heroes, Shadow, and even StH06), and is vastly superior to every game that has come out since.

Long range attacks are how to kill Meta Knight; just as in melee some characters are almost unbeatable by others, and easily slaughtered by yet another set.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Anon wrote:One of the Assist Trophies mentioned is from Treasure's Sin and Punishment. Take that as you will.
Am I cool, or what? I'm not even going to bitch about her not being playable.
Wooduck51 wrote:And if I may, it seems they would choose live and learn because it is from the best 3-d Sonic game Sonic team has managed to produce
The ice on which you tread is so thin

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I saw a video on Game Spot that showed the Smart Bombs from StarFox as a new item.

I'm not the only one thinking this is going to be the new "Game of the Century", am I?

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Aren't the Smart Bombs akin to a nuke? Can you say overpowered?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Could be a minor find but look at what I found, its SEGA of Japan's news of Sonic being in SSBB.

http://sega.jp/topics/071010_1/

Meh BabelFish translation
The typical character "sonic the hedgehog" of Sega Wii ョ corresponding software ' large scuffle スマッシュブラザーズョ X (x) of the Nintendo Co. corporation ' participation decision! 2007 October 10th corporation Sega Entire world series sum totals it recorded the sale 4 and 5000000, or more the character the "sonic continues to be loved in the various people the hedgehog" which, on 2008 January 24th Wii ョ corresponding software ' large scuffle スマッシュブラザーズョ X ' of sale schedule participating it decided from the Nintendo Co. corporation. This time sonic in the opposition action game ' large scuffle スマッシュブラザーズ ョ X ' world of large popularity, unfolds the action of high speed and the force perfect score which utilize the quality of the character. And in 2008 ' Mali オ & the sonic AT Beijing Olympics ' of sale schedule with were the schedule which coacts from the Nintendo Co. corporation as a ニンテンドー DS ョ corresponding software マリオ and sonic on 2007 November 22nd as a Wii ョ corresponding software of sale schedule, we actualize the coaction of the character where of course, the game fan had anticipated the sonic fan with both works, exceeds the fence of the company. < Sonic the hedgehog > Since selling the "sonic the hedgehog" in 1991 as a Mega drive corresponding software, the character which with the speed impression and cool character characteristic continues to be loved in the people in the world. On 2007 October 18th ニンテンドー DS corresponding software ' sonic rush adventure ', in 2008 January Wii corresponding software ' ソニックライダーズシューティングスターストーリー ' sale schedule. In the future the various stages you run and continue to pass through sonic. < Large scuffle スマッシュブラザーズ ョ > The 1st work eye is sold in 1999 as a NINTENDO64 corresponding software, after that it is the large popularity opposition action game of the Nintendo Co. corporation which sells the 3rd work eye ニンテンドーゲームキューブ, and this time as a Wii corresponding software in 2001. Rather than calling thing and the fight which can operate the character which has each reflection of the user the sport game characteristic which conforms to rule grasps the heart of the user, past also 2 works are the work which wins confidence in the entire world.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Man, who WOULDN'T want to play a game called "large scuffle スマッシュブラザーズョ X"?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Oh jeez, tonight's update is another Mother 3 cocktease. It's a new stage called New Pork City and it is friggin' huge!

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Now they're just overdoing it.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Fuck, including all of this Mother 3 stuff in this game had better convince Nintendo to release Mother 1 and 3 in the US.

At least they're doing Fire Emblem 1 for the DS, which will no doubt be released here.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Man, that is one messy level and it doesnt seem to have solid ground, just a bunch of platforms.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The largest Smash Bros stages are always my favorite. Great Fox from the first game, Hyrule Temple, and now New Pork City - home of the immortal fat pig emperor - Eric Cartman. Er, I mean Pokey.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Beautiful stage, but that Ultimate Chimera rather worries me. One-hit KO? Ouch.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Well, that's what it did in the games. Your only option was to run the fuck away from it.