Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Right after I pre-order the game it's delayed till February, when I'll be living in Japan and won't be able to pick it up. Hopefully they'll have a region-free boot-disk by then so I can just buy the Japanese version.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Well Freeloader is making one for the Wii, I just would like to know when! I want both the US and Japan versions darn it!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Little Mac is an Assist Trophy. : (

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Source for that statement? Because Little Mac really should be a character...

Unless they give Doc Louis a role instead. Side B would be a biking attack. Yes.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3163615
Assist Trophies: In a nod to the old school, Brawl brings in Assist Trophies -- special items that when activated summon up "assistants" from memorable classic games to help beat on your opponents. It's a surprising moment, when in the heat of battle the tanks from Advance Wars come out in single-file or Little Mac appears punching up a storm.
They don't make the main character from Nintendo's original fighting game playable in their new flagship fighting series? That sucks.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Where's that Vader no image when you need it? :cry:

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Just looking at that Sonic vs Link video on the last page, does Sonic's running speed look a little slow to anyone else? Maybe they just weren't running at full speed (if thats even possible with the d-pad), but he didn't look as noticeably fast as I expected.

WW

Post by WW »

Sonic was controlled by a cpu, and said cpu was set to Retard.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, the CPU never really runs unless you set it very high. Instead, it just toddles around. It's really fucking ridiculous when it's using speedy characters, like Fox, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, and Shiek. They move like they're cripped or something.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Oh, didn't realize it was a CPU. I figured the player was just purposely being beat up because they were showing various aspects of the game rather than actually fighting.

Sonic being a CPU explains it, though.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

It really knew how to move when he was Super Sonic though :P

Oh and I also forgot about this level, I love the background, Its just an enless valley of pipes and SMB3 colored blocks.

The characters in the Racing karts seem to be a Shiguy mob.

New update on the Dojo, the Snapshot feature is back! And look at what controller theyre using.

Also theres the SEND feature so you can send snapshots to your friends, there is also a feature in the snapshots they are currently working on that it is a secret and they say how it might be removed in the final product. This could one of the last things theyre working right now. What will that feature be? that is if it even makes it to the final product.

Lastly, pretty cool apologies for the delay can be found on the Dojo.

Here they are.
New Launch and E for All
Notices

Today I have some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad part out of the way first, shall we?

As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—it will now be launching on February 10th in the Americas. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that goal.

Phew. Now for some good news to tide you over.

The forthcoming E for All event will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning October 18.

And it appears that this event will display the first ever public playable version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I am planning on having people play the game—but with limited character selection.

The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.

Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.

Have fun!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

So, adding Sonic into the Press Conference demo (which I assume will also be the demo playable at E for All) was a last-minute thing?

Anon

Post by Anon »

Isuka wrote:Also, if including as many popular (and some obscure) characters into your brawler as possible isn't "appealing to everyone", then I definitely don't know what it is.
I'm still waiting for Mike Jones from Startropics to make an appearance.

Mac being an assist trophy doesn't even really bother me. At least he made it into the game in some form.

...what would Mac's B-moves be anyway? (I'd guess that his Final Smash would be rapid blows to the face followed by Star Uppercut.)

Grant

Post by Grant »

I agree, Anon. Pretty small potatoes to be complaining about Little Mac as an assist versus fully playable.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

...what would Mac's B-moves be anyway? (I'd guess that his Final Smash would be rapid blows to the face followed by Star Uppercut.)
All powerful melee moves along the lines of Captain Falcon.

WW

Post by WW »

Mac could'nt even take two punches from Mike Tyson without getting wasted, he'd get creamed in Brawl.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Mike Tyson was going to bite off his fucking ear!

Anon

Post by Anon »

Grant wrote:Pretty small potatoes to be complaining about Little Mac as an assist versus fully playable.
I said I wasn't bothered by it. (And this is from someone who wanted to see him in the game since the start of Melee.) To hell with what everyone else thinks about it.

By the way, new Brawl up at Gamevideos.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I'm a little concerned about Meta-Knight. It seems as if he's... too powerful? Seriously, I've yet to hear of anyone losing as him, but keep hearing about how people who play as him are pretty much guaranteed a win. It seems extremely imbalanced.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Maybe he's just an easier to use character?

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Considering there's still about 3 or 4 months left until the game ships I'd say there's still enough time for some balance tweaks.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:Maybe he's just an easier to use character?
He's easier to use because he's too powerful.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

HAL sure loves to toot the horns of their own characters. I remember how unbalanced Kirby was in Smash Bros 64. Man, it was hard to lose with him. His throws and offensive attacks all did insane amounts of damage and were all very quick.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Are you kidding? Man, I used to grab Kirby out of mid air during his up B and down B, and pretty much annihilated him no matter what he tried, human or CPU. He was one of the worst characters in the 64 game, and THE weakest CPU. Falcon was the unbalanced one.