Chickens don't get rabies

Updates to the front page of the site are in here.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Chickens don't get rabies

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Whatever wandering souls are left of the vibrant readership that once patronized this site only stumble in these days once every few months on boring Tuesday evenings to hear me rant like an old grampie about how lousy the last Sonic game was. Those who have come seeking cynicism will be disappointed today, because I think is cool. Yes, I said it: this makes me horny. Not that it's a surprise or anything - I would've been disappointed if it hadn't happened, especially with Solid Snake farting around like a stray lamb - but, y'know, a birthday cake still tastes good even when you expect to get one. This is the big showdown between hedgehog and plumber that I've been waiting for the past 15 years (that olympics nonsense can be damned). I might now even be persuaded to forgive the presence of Diddy Kong.

I'm rooting for Mega Man next.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

(Was waiting for this newpost)

Hey, somebody else who wants MegaMan in Brawl, awesome!

Which iteration are you hoping for? (My preference is Classic, but the way things are these days, it'll more than likely be either the StarForce or ZX versions...)

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

We should revive the STIFFY thread too.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I just noticed the newspost is missing Gibbon's trademark symbol of celebration.

(Y'know, that whole -A- or whatever thing.)

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Last edited by Isuka on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Theeeeeeeeeere ya go.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The dude in that picture, in fact, looks alot like me except that I never answer my phone.
Which iteration are you hoping for?
It would have to be the classic. The X version would be acceptable, but those are the only two that are proper Mega Man.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Can't wait for it either.
Also, I wonder how does one キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!! over the phone... and this has nothing to do with anything, but it's funny.
Last edited by Isuka on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I've heard rumors that it's actually gonna be Zero in his <i>Mega Man Zero</i> form... but my source (who shall remain unnamed) was stressing that he hadn't seen any evidence, just hearsay.

Admittedly, though, Zero's been getting the limelight far too much since, like, 2001. Even in ZX, the main costume (once you get it) is more similar to Zero's outfit than it is Mega Man's...

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

But... but he said you have to see Diddy Kong in motion!

Anyway, it feels like Smash Brawl is trying to bring in at least two representatives of every major ongoing Nintendo series. The only one missing two characters is Metroid, unless you count Samus and Zero Suit Samus as two different characters, and I'm fairly sure another character will represent Fire Emblem and Starfox, though I doubt F-Zero and Earthbound will get the same treatment.

Anyway, yes, Mega Man would be the next best thing after Sonic. It's unlikely, but I think it'd be awesome that if Mega Man is in a Smash Bros. game, all his alternate costumes would represent the other Mega Man series (since he changes colors anyway when he gets someone's power and we can't have that happening in a VS. game, think of the confusion!). Yup, Mega Man, X, Megaman Trigger, and even that MegaMan.EXE all fighting eachother at once. Oh my that would be too much, I'd probably just change their helmet to look like the other spinoff series if I was the one who was in charge of putting him in just because the former suggestion would dehydrate every living human of their semen.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

Who's Sonic?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Meh, the last third party character will either be Megaman or Pac-man. Mark my words.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Now all we need is an update to the "Cameos" page.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I can't even find the Cameos page- where's it hidden?

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

The cameos page is in the museum.

I think Crash Bandicoot might be an interesting addition. He has been on the Game Boy Advance and the Gamecube many times.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I'd like to see PacMan as an assist if anything, but then if it were just some mouth running around the screen, I'd rather have a Chain Chomp. I feel like Pacman with arms and legs is of questionable canonnicality, I mean, does anyone really like those PacLand games? Why not just put Rayman in it? (Please, don't)

I think MegaMan is the most likely just because of his history with Nintendo systems, he's certainly got more than Snake does, and like Sonic, he's been in fighting games before. On the other hand, if the Konami door is already open there's Simon Belmont and (though less recognizable out of Japan) Twinbee and Goemon to consider too. Ristar would be an interesting Sega nobody to include, a kind of long-range grapple character?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Someone should've said Sparkster by now.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I could've sworn I already did a few pages back in the Smash thread.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Meh, he'd be quite cheap, what with abusing the rocket pack to avoid falling out of the screen.
Though his inclusion would overpower the game's already titanic awesomeness.

Anon

Post by Anon »

With Snake's already representing for Konami, it's highly unlikely that Sparkster would enter the fray.

I'm hoping that Geno makes an appearance... and because SMRPG happened in Mario's universe to begin with, Sakurai just went "aw fuck it" and put in Rockman or Bomberman anyway.

But chances are that isn't going to happen, so I'd want either the Bomberman or the Blue Bomber to show up.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I never got the love for Bomberman. He's cute and all, but his games play like crap.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

The 2-D ones are fun in multiplayer, though the usual 1-player games suck (with the possible exception of Bomberman Generation). The 3-D ones, Generation aside, aren't fun in single player or multiplayer.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Re: Chickens don't get rabies

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Green Gibbon! wrote:I might now even be persuaded to forgive the presence of Diddy Kong.
I don't see how Diddy Kong is such a bad thing. I was actually kinda excited to hear about him because I like the small characters that move fast.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Yeah, but Diddy Kong.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I'd rather have him than Ike or Ice Climbers.