BUTT CHEESE

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The other night I had this dream.

I was in the field next to my grandma's house looking across the road to a jungle on the other side (in reality, there is no jungle on the other side of my grandma's house). I'm pretty sure I'd looked into this peculiar scene in another dream I'd already had at some point in the past, though I couldn't say when - couple weeks, couple years, maybe a decade ago. Time apparently doesn't mean much to subconscious circuitry. Sometimes while going about my daily business I'll see in my mind's eye, maybe for only a second or two, a startlingly famliar dream scene that fades beyond recovery as quickly as it appeared. Like the flash of a distant memory. It's kind of cool.

But anyway. I was looking across at the jungle as it morphed into a valley and some voice in my head explained to me that it was the "Wild Land." I saw this white tiger across a big fence. But it wasn't a normal white tiger. It had a peculiar pattern like a bengal. Suddenly it occurred to me that the tiger might jump over the fence. Sensing danger, I quickly grabbed a nearby chunk of plywood as a makeshift shield. Surely a tiger wouldn't jump a chunk of plywood, even if it was moving. My intuition proved correct, because the tiger leapt over the impossibly high fence and attacked a mother and her child, then proceeded towards me until it saw that there was no making it around the chunk of plywood I held. I'm not sure how I saw all this with a big slab of plywood in front of my face. I've noticed my dreams tend to be in third-person, and I've always wondered if that was natural.

Anyway. The tiger was soon joined by more tigers of many colors and sizes. Green, purple, blue, aqua. The white tiger was the smallest, about the size of a normal tiger. The rest were all big. Then came the gargantuan indigo tiger. His head alone was as big as a house. I thought about running into my granmda's house for shelter, but I knew if he saw me flee into it he could easily tear it down. As I tried to decide what should be done, a startling realization came into my mind: there are no such things as blue tigers. Everything came apart about then and the next thing I knew I was awake.

I recommend not eating expired Frosted Flakes right before bed.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I had a dream last night that my mother married my aunt for the money. Also, I took my science fiction club into outerspace to a space bar, but we were attacked by mutant space mouths.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

My dreams are all from the third person too, and they've been that way for as long as I can remember so I don't think it was video games that caused it. More likely television (since often the view shifts to whatever would be the most cinematically pleasing angle. I once had a dream where, after a series of events lead up to me falling off a bridge while riding a motorcycle, I had the realization "Ah, it's only a dream! It's in the third-person!" and then the perspective shifted to a first-person view as the water below got closer and closer.

I've had several falling dreams and I always wake up after I land. Sometimes I fall down after landing, but I always land without hurting myself, but I guess it's still traumatic because I wake up right after.

The time thing and dreams recalling other dreams, I am convinced, is actually just the dream telling you that you remember something, and you probably didn't actually dream it before. I've remembered some pretty amazing things (important things!) in my dreams (but of course I can't remember them now).

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I only ever had the falling dream once, when I was like three. It turned out I really did roll out of bed. My recurring nightmare is that I usually find myself in some uncomfortable situation, but I'm never in total control of my body and no amount of struggling seems to change my position. One that I often have is that I have to hurry and go somewhere or see something before it disappears, but my fingers keep slipping as I try to tie my shoes. It's pretty frustrating.

Lately I've been having alot of dreams about snakes and spiders, usually getting bitten, which strikes me as odd because I've never been especially scared of snakes or spiders. In one the other night there was this venomous snake keeping me from crossing through a gate, so I found a larger, non-venomous snake nearby and brought it over to eat the smaller snake, but no matter how close I brought it, the larger snake didn't seem at all hungry. Then the little snake bit my hand and I was pissed.

In the weeks and months after I graduated, I had the "graduate dream" that I understand is quite common where you suddenly realize there's this one class you forgot to take or this one form you forgot to fill out or something important you forgot to do and you have to go back sometimes as far back as grade school in order to graduate. I still have that one now and again, but it was incessant right after the fact.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Why's the topic called BUTT CHEESE?

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

<big><big><big><big>a man riding a bike throu gh the streets of osaka with a cat perched upon his head said that life gets much better once that you are dead and he was right. back when I was still alive I used to sell screwdrivers door-to-door and lived on the veryy highest floor of a big grey building and wished that I could be allowed to own a pet Now I live with a girl who wears strange wooden shoes who sleeps under tea leaves and makes bird’s nest soup for all the feral ch ildren playing in the woods. At the top of a mountain quite often we lie clad only in sky listening to the birds flying overhead which h are singing in human words We’re not scared of anything we live off each other we shut our eyes in the cupbboard we watch the moon with our t e l e s c o p e . one day I see a light in the distance but she will not tell me what it is. we carry on our lives but I think about the light and what it could mean and ask her questions but she will nnot let me worry about it she smiles but she is not really smiling. sometimes I know that none of this is real I threaten to cut my brain out with an elec tric drill and this upsets her. she makes me bird’s nest soup and I try to get better.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

In the weeks and months after I graduated, I had the "graduate dream" that I understand is quite common where you suddenly realize there's this one class you forgot to take or this one form you forgot to fill out or something important you forgot to do and you have to go back sometimes as far back as grade school in order to graduate. I still have that one now and again, but it was incessant right after the fact.
I get a variant of this dream every time some academic milestone is coming up. I dream that due to some strange beauracracy I have to go back to school. And in the UK we have to wear school uniform. So I'm sitting there taking my GCSE exams in my school uniform as a 21 year-old man, and I'm telling people, "this is ridiculous, I'm a grown man!" And they're like, "Quiet, Duffy, you always were a troublesome one." I get the falling dream with surprising regularity, though... often these days they're reduced to just minor trips, but I fall nonetheless, if not from twenty-storey heights.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Ever had the extreme happiness dream? Something very good happens to you, and you are really glad that it did, but before you can actually enjoy it, you wake up, and you wake up pissed that it was only a dream.

That happened to me as lots of different things. Girls, travels, videogames... it sucks to wake up empty handed.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

My academic nightmare always occurs a few weeks after the semester starts. The dream is always the same; I haven't attended a class in weeks because I forgot to put it on my schedule and suddenly realize it right after the drop deadline and right before the first exam.

I really hate that dream, but I get it every semester without fail.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I used to keep a dream log. The last entry was Monday, January 8, 2007, and since then I only recall about three or four vivid dreams that I remembered when I woke up (but have since forgotten since I never bothered to write them down). My last video game related dream that I wrote down was on Sunday, December 31st, 2006

On the top of a cliffside with some people. There seemed to be a lemonade stand-esque shop on the top of the cliff and there was a path that led down to the beach. For some reason, while I was standing around (next to a palm tree), I got into a random battle with a big spider. The battle ended (I forgot if I ran or defeated the spider). It seems I was looking for an item, but I forgot what item it was I was looking for in my dream. Another random battle occured and this time I was going up against a red dragon that looks like it came out of Final Fantasy X. I ran away from that battle and I went westwards to the entrance of a shopping center. There was a big line and I think a monorail/train was nearby too. I was with my three sisters and there was a line of people (don't know what they were in line for), and we continued our merry way into the shopping mall. We walked through the mall and we were heading towards what I think could've been a theatre. I started flying when the rest of the family were ahead of me by sitting on a piece of paper like a magic carpet. While we were looking for seats (whcih were red), every back of the seat had a videogame in it. Dream ended.

I do not recall any videogame related dreams since then.

Looks like on July 8th, 2005 I had a dream that reminded me of Ico in that I was running around some castle. I still vividly remember the architecture in that dream.

I can't really find any funny dreams in my log, except on January 7, 2003, my older sister got smashed by a giant Clay Chao.

I've never had a dream related to academic success.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I just went to get a snack and I found out I've been eating Frosted Flaked that expired on September 28, 2005. Still tastes fresh to me.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Opa-Opa wrote:Ever had the extreme happiness dream? Something very good happens to you, and you are really glad that it did, but before you can actually enjoy it, you wake up, and you wake up pissed that it was only a dream.

That happened to me as lots of different things. Girls, travels, videogames... it sucks to wake up empty handed.
... I have them, and really often. Particularly of the "Man, I've finally found this REALLY RARE, VALUABLE AND/ OR IMPORTANT THING I WAS SEARCHING FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE!!" kind, then poof, I'm awake and pissed.
All dreams are in first person, maybe it's because I don't look at the mirror enough times to clearly remember my own damn face.
Segaholic2 wrote:Image
Last edited by Isuka on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I've had that school beaurocracy one several times, though at some point it did stop but I can remember having it again somewhat recently. My favorite version was one where I had to sneak back into the school (they wouldn't just let me in) via the air ducts, but when I finally broke into the classroom, it was the wrong one, and all my clothes were gone. Typical.

I used to have dreams about spiders that would shoot a web at me that would usually attack to a finger or something, and then they'd slowly crawl up it and no amount of shaking would get them off. I usually woke up before they got all the way up. The spiders were not especially scary, I think it was more just a variation on the "you can't run away no matter what" sort of dream.

Those happiness dreams are brutal, but when I think of all the dreams I've had where all my teeth fall out, I'm glad that they don't all come true.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

G.Silver wrote:when I think of all the dreams I've had where all my teeth fall out, I'm glad that they don't all come true.
I've had teeth dreams too. And lots of 'em. It is very very strange. First one of my teeth gets a little jaggy and then it falls off, and then all the others follow it. I wake up very very relieved, and thinking that I'd better go see a dentist.

I've had lots of dreams where my hair is falling too. Various chunks of hair just leaving my head. Those are scary.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

The only ones of those that actually become true for me (at least in the short-term) are the ones in which I have my zipper low. In public.

Oh well, it's still better than the others.
Last edited by Isuka on Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I do not, unfortunately (or fortunately) remember many of my dreams, though I awake many times with snippets from multiple scenarios leaving my mind rapidly.

The only (sort of) recent Dream that comes to mind was brought on by an upcoming hatch of quail eggs I was waiting for, in the dream the eggs hatched and the foster hen led her brood off but left behind one (or maybe two) plastic eggs, one hatched into a chicken, but the other hatched into a small living Silver the hedgehog figure. I remember being really irritated by the fact that the tiny plastic critter was Silver, and not at all interested nor surprised when it quickly assumed a heroic stance and solidified. Something else then happened and then I woke up.

I wish I could remember more of my dreams though, many fleeting snippets involve places and creatures that I would really like to put down on paper, but alas it rarely works that way. However I did just remember that I dreamt that Sonic was confirmed for brawl, then I woke up and found that it was true, then woke up again and realized that it was just the culmination of hopes that had taken root in my sub-conscious. Bastard sub-conscious.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I actually managed to have a lucid dream a little while back. I was able to fly about for a bit before I forgot I was dreaming and it no longer made sense to be achieving weightlessness. I then plummeted thousands of feet before waking up. It wasn't scary, really, and I was pretty pleased to have achieved lucidity.

Oddly, the nights preceding the night I was lucid were marked by some of the most bizarre dreams I'd ever had in my live. One of them involved a giant outdoor aquarium containing the sort of fish you only see in the underwater ruins of Uru from Panzer Dragoon Saga, along with weird albino sharks of a strangely deformed sort.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I just had a dream last night where I accidentally fell into Johnny Quest and people thought I was a member of the family. Then we went underwater to save some icthyosaurus in a lost world. Then we fought pirates and I turned into a humanoid dandelion that befriended a talking owl on a submarine where the chairs made me stronger.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I don't have any academic dreams, but there is this one recurring one where I come to school in my boxers, and no one seems to mind but I'm all "Oh, I should probably put something on", and sometimes I'll have clothes with me or in my locker and other times I just wont give a shit and my balls will be hanging out all over the place.

Also, most of the dreams I have involving me are in first-person. The only exception I can think of is one where I was with the Power Rangers kicking some Putty ass.

Another thing of interesting note is that some people, usually middle-aged or older, have dreams only or mostly in black-and-white. This is apparently pretty common, although I didn't know this until about 5 years ago. I wonder if it has to do with them growing up with black-and-white TVs?

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I wonder if it has to do with them growing up with black-and-white TVs?
I had a friend who claimed that his dreams were frequently preceded by a "Presented in Technicolor" sequence. D'you suppose this means when people before the existence of TV or movies dreamed on stage?

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

I had a dream the other day where the sun where I was driving through my neighborhood, except there were a lot more hills than there are supposed to be. Then, as I was getting to the top of one hill, I looked up at the sky to see the sun slowly turning black. Not as in a solar eclipse, more like it was going out like a candle.

As I went down the other side of the hill and then drove up the next one, I got to the top of the hill just in time to see the sun go out, leaving the sky pitch black for a moment. Then it exploded in a brilliant flash of Armageddon.

I then woke up to see my alarm was about to go off in four minutes.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I dreamed about Sonic killing all his "clones", or that was a comic?

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I have a couple of recurring dreams...

Every semester I have the same "I haven't shown up for a class I'm supposed to take for months, and it's now past the drop date" dream as NT.

I'm a fanatical runner, no doubt as a result of playing Sonic games during my formative years. My most common dream is that I'm in some social situation I don't want to be in, and I keep trying to extricate myself so I can go run. I have this dream once or twice a week.

If I'm with my girlfriend I usually dream that we wake up in some extremely crowded area like an airport.

I also have a lot of dreams in which I wake up, but I can't move most of my body. It's usually that I can't lift my head or that my vision is frozen on one spot. I don't like those, but now I usually realize that I'm dreaming and try to wake myself up.

Dreams are weird.

Plorpus III

Re: BUTT CHEESE

Post by Plorpus III »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Sometimes while going about my daily business I'll see in my mind's eye, maybe for only a second or two, a startlingly famliar dream scene that fades beyond recovery as quickly as it appeared. Like the flash of a distant memory. It's kind of cool.
Whoa, I thought I was the only one who did this! 'Sup dream flashback buddy!

My dreams usually can't be described very well in words. They make sense to me in the dream, but usually upon trying explain them to someone else I realize that what I'm saying makes no sense, or there aren't words that can describe what emotion I felt or what I saw. It's kind of frustrating, because my dreams always leave me with amazing feelings that I can't experience any other way. Sometimes an amazing sense of euphoria, other times an amazing nostalgic yet happy feeling, and often emotions that aren't anything like any others.

The funny thing about this is that my dreams usually are just about weird shit that shouldn't really evoke that kind of reaction, like finding a tube in a secret underground desert base where Helen Keller drove her motorcycle (I don't know either ok) or waterboarding that one evil fat teacher from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix until her face turned navy blue and began to melt.

My dreams also always seem to follow video game logic and rules. For example, one time I apparently rolled over onto my face in my sleep and couldn't breath. In my dream, someone had slit my throat, but I managed to stay alive because I still had 2 hearts remaining. When I rolled over in real life, I escaped in my dream, but I only had a half of a heart so the annoying beeping noise from Zelda was playing.
I guess I'm pretty fucked up or something.