Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Well, apparently the cds will show up in all modes, so getting the cds during multiplayer battles shouldn't be much of a problem. This game's soundtrack is becoming awesome really quick.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

I'm excited about this for the sheer possibility of all the Animal Crossing / Warioware tracks! All the possible K.K. songs and Wario Land tunes! It's like a musical orgy!

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

Sheesh, ALL of K.K. Slider's songs would be a little ridiculous.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

I said "possible". Most K.K. songs are crappy anyway. I'm just hoping they put in good ones, if any more are put in at all.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Luigi with the Poltergust would be a nice addition. Especially if he can use it to pull foes and items towards him and then launch them away.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

So, according to the list of composers on the site, Yuzo Koshiro is joining the fun. Indicative of Sega content, or just another paycheck? You decide!

Yeah I know, it's nothing like having Jun Senoue or even Masato Nakamura (as improbable as that would be), so it's probably nothing to do with that old Sonic rumour. It'd be damn cool if Axel or Blaze was a hidden character, though.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

The poke'mon whored out for a year before they even showed anything of 4th gen actually not being playable is proof that there is indeed a god.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

j-man wrote:So, according to the list of composers on the site, Yuzo Koshiro is joining the fun. Indicative of Sega content, or just another paycheck? You decide!

Yeah I know, it's nothing like having Jun Senoue or even Masato Nakamura (as improbable as that would be), so it's probably nothing to do with that old Sonic rumour. It'd be damn cool if Axel or Blaze was a hidden character, though.
Since Journey of Dreams is heading for the Wii, the thought of Nights appearing in Brawl recently crossed my mind. It would be neat but I doubt that would actually happen.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

j-man wrote:So, according to the list of composers on the site, Yuzo Koshiro is joining the fun.
Yes, I've been impatiently waiting to see what is he going to do there. Probably something really cool we don't even dream about.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Or something unexpectedly lame. I wasn't impressed at all with his contribution to the SF2 Anniversary CD.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I actually think Nights is waaaay more likely than Sonic.

I still think Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games demonstrates the kind of co-headlining, 50/50 divide required to get both studios to agree to a collaboration, which is why Sonic will never turn up in Smash. Nights, on the other hand, is a character they would probably let Nintendo use for less money, after negotiations for Sonic had fallen through.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

If Sonic's out, I'd rather they go for a different company like Megaman or Pac-Man or Bomberman or Rayman or some other sort of man.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

FYI, today's update is another Assist Trophy: Lyn from the first GBA Fire Emblem (for the NTSC region).

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

If Sonic's out, I'd rather they go for a different company like Megaman or Pac-Man or Bomberman or Rayman or some other sort of man.
Sexist!

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Team Mecha wrote:If Sonic's out, I'd rather they go for a different company like Roll or Ms. Pac-Man or Pretty Bomber or Ly the Fairy or some other sort of girl.
There, happy Zeta?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Funny how Ms. Pac-Man isn't called Pac-Woman. I guess she must've changed her name after the marriage.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

According to the plot of Pac n' Roll, she used to be named Pac-Girl before she married Pac-Man.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Hahahah! Cool.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Today's update finally profiles the Battleship Halberd stage, though Sakurai's info shows that it's possible Meta Knight got his ship aped by that Subspace Commander guy.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

What you see in the background is a double-barreled battery. With an arm.
It was actually called the combo cannon. I think it would be kind of cool for an event match or story mode boss battle if you are forced to pick up a sword in order to initiate a dual with Meta Knight like when you fought him in Kirby Super Star.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I actually remember that combo-cannon from Kirby SuperStar--Yo-Yo Kirby worked best on that boss for me.

(is now hoping for a Heavy Lobster cameo)

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow Angled Brawl. YES.

You had better be able to alter the amount of stamina you have, though - that always bummed me out with <i>Melee</i> (debug menu notwithstanding). Or, perhaps, have multiple rounds, so stamina mode is more like your standard fighting game?

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

While they're at it, they could offer a an entirely closed-in stage taylor made for Stamina matches.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

They brought back the Ice Climbers. I really, really hope they toned down them in this game: having two of them at once felt like cheating in the first game to me.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

The Ice Climbers you say? Surely you jest, because EVERYONE knows they were cut for this game! </sarcasm>