NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams E3 thread

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I hope there's an option to turn those voices off.

Ah, one uses the Wiimote to hit the B button. Excellent.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

spon

Post by spon »

man this game is gonna be so fruity I cannot wait!

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Delphine wrote:I hope there's an option to turn those voices off.
Well, it is considerably better than the old voice. But at least the old voice didn't nag you with gameplay instructions.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Earlier, Delphine wrote:And I don't see the difference in swinging the wiimote and hitting a button.
Delphine wrote:Ah, one uses the Wiimote to hit the B button. Excellent.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

*eyeroll* It's not my problem that you have poor comprehension skills.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

That English accent makes me sad ;__;

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Hmm, I'm not too keen on the voice. When American voice actors try to use the British accent it always hurts my ears, it's never quite "right" and sounds forced and exaggerated for the most part.

Trace

Post by Trace »

nightsintodreams.com have two videos of the game being played using the Wii Remote pointer, it looks broken at best.

Also, they're saying the game has been delayed until Q1 08, this is good news I suppose.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Trace wrote:nightsintodreams.com have two videos of the game being played using the Wii Remote pointer, it looks broken at best.
The front page mentions a video, but I don't see any links anywhere.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

The controls in that video do look broken, but it could be any number of factors to be honest. I reckon he's standing too close to the sensor bar, as the jerky motion of the pointer on screen always occurs when you do that. Or maybe the batteries are running out? Heck, it's a busy show :cool:.

Anyway, I think we're all agreed that pushing back the release date is a good idea. Less that a years programming time was always going to be cutting it fine at best. And at least now, the game might not fade into obscurity seeing as how it's new release won't clash with that of Galaxy's.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Hmm yes, the controls looks spazzy, but let's blame everything but the controller itself.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you had something against the Nintendo Wii.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

It's not <i>hardcore</i> enough.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

b_boult wrote:Anyway, I think we're all agreed that pushing back the release date is a good idea. Less that a years programming time was always going to be cutting it fine at best.
You have to remember, though, that we're talking about a game composed of seven levels. And according to the NID.com people, it's likely already been over a year in development.

Regardless, I'm happy to hear that the game has been pushed back. They seem to be taking general feedback into consideration for the final product, which is probably a smart move. Although the little footage we've seen so far does look pretty good, basically.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Sega delaying games is always good news.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Pepperidge wrote:And according to the NID.com people, it's likely already been over a year in development.
Actual programming time began last November I believe, although overall development time is another story.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Considering that it sounds like most people on the team have been sitting on the idea of a NiGHTS sequel for about 10 years, I doubt it needed much development in terms of ideas and what they wanted to do with it.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Man, considering some of the crap that Sega does release without delays, I can't even begin to imagine how broken NiGHTS must be at the moment. Yikes!

Anyhow, there's no excuse for inaccurate pointer controls. This isn't the waggle we're talking about, it's the pointer, and many other titles have shown how precise it can be when executed properly. If NiGHTS can't make it work too then we all what is at fault, and it ain't the controller.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

b_boult wrote:The controls in that video do look broken, but it could be any number of factors to be honest. I reckon he's standing too close to the sensor bar, as the jerky motion of the pointer on screen always occurs when you do that. Or maybe the batteries are running out? Heck, it's a busy show :cool:.
After watching the videos, it looks like the person playing this is standing too close to the sensor bar. The first video made me question if they had ever used a Wii remote before.
Esrever wrote:Man, considering some of the crap that Sega does release without delays, I can't even begin to imagine how broken NiGHTS must be at the moment. Yikes!
Who knows? Maybe Sega is turning over a new leaf and actually trying to make a good game. I'm sure even Sega must be beginning to realize by now that they have to listen to their customers if they want to stay in business. And this looks like their biggest title for the fiscal year.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I sure hope it's not the controller's fault, if the pointing's flawed we're all screwed with Super Mario Galaxy.
And delaying the game... sure's good, but right after releasing a trailer that reads "Fall 2007"... it's a little sad.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Play RE4: Wii and then try to tell me there's something wrong with the controller.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Also, Metroid Prime 3.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Hell, even Elebits or Rayman. There ain't nothing wrong with that pointer. It's the accelerometers that are a little suspect.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Even if the pointer IS broken, there's still a classic control option, right?