In-game footage of Mario and Sonic

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
cjmcray

In-game footage of Mario and Sonic

Post by cjmcray »

Thanks to GagaMan of The Moogle Cavern for the find.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEO6zJ2Uzw

Mario beating out Sonic in a footrace? Pshhhhhhhhh.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Shouldn't this be in that "Mario & Sonic" thread in News?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Sure should. Post there please.

Fairplay sure seems to be pretty big in this game. Sonic runs slow as hell, Mario jumps pretty low. I wonder if ANY of the characters' abilities will be implemented in the game.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Well I was thinknig the other Mario & Sonic thread said E3 on it, and E3 is over, hence, new topic? Sorry.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Opa-Opa wrote:Sure should. Post there please.

Fairplay sure seems to be pretty big in this game. Sonic runs slow as hell, Mario jumps pretty low. I wonder if ANY of the characters' abilities will be implemented in the game.
Well, there HAVE been multiple articles saying that the characters would be herded into classes, but it'd be more like Mario Tennis instead of Sonic Heroes--stuff like Speed, Strength, All-Around, Technical, and the like.

For example, Sonic would fall under speed and Mario would fall under All-Around--Sonic takes longer to get up to top speed than Mario, bbut when he does he's definitely faster than Mario.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

New screenshots.

Far as I can tell the only major new thing they show is archery. It looks OK but it really just seems to be "Generic Olympic sports game with Mario & Sonic characters".

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/I ... 21_big.jpg

Not only is this a nice pic but can you notice who is in the stands? :)

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

From left to right, a Nightopian, a Chao, one of those Delfino Island natives whose names I forget, Toad, Mighty (but YELLOW!... okay, I seriously dunno who this one is), what is either Flicky or a Hero Chao, and <strike>the pig -cky (Porky?)</strike> Picky.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Shadow Hog wrote:From left to right, a Nightopian, a Chao, one of those Delfino Island natives whose names I forget, Toad, Mighty (but YELLOW!... okay, I seriously dunno who this one is), what is either Flicky or a Hero Chao, and <strike>the pig -cky (Porky?)</strike> Picky.
"Mighty" is that one penguin.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

None of those is a Pian. The first is one of those shell people from Mario Sunshine.

Also, Eggman looks awesome but the audience members look like shit. I couldn't tell from the other shots that they were just cardboard cut outs.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Another gameplay video of a hurdle race.

And another one here.

It actually looks pretty decent but it doesn't exactly look like the best use of the Wii remote.

(...)

Post by (...) »

There's a long video of it here. Looks pretty fun.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... t=featured

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

As fun as more asinine Wii minigames can be.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Radrappy wrote:None of those is a Pian. The first is one of those shell people from Mario Sunshine.

Also, Eggman looks awesome but the audience members look like shit. I couldn't tell from the other shots that they were just cardboard cut outs.
The audience members do look pretty bad. However, when you have so damn many of them, it's probably easiest on the hardware to have them be cardboard cutouts. The drawback being that when there's so few of them in one spot it becomes much more obvious that they're not 3Dimensional.

But not so bad for scenes like this.

Though, since I'm on the subject of this screenshot, I have to ask, when seeing this shot, does anyone else automatically assume that that one flag is a rusty jagged knife?

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Making Cream a cuddly rabbit bent on murder is the only way they could justify keeping her in the cast.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Yeah....that or making her Eggman daughter...

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

This game isn't even out yet and I'm already tired of playing it.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I'm picturing it being slightly better than the mini-games in Secret Rings. So yeah, me too.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:Making Cream a cuddly rabbit bent on murder is the only way they could justify keeping her in the cast.
They should've made Cheese his own character, since he's the one who does all the work. I could picture him talking smack in a completely opposite manner to Cream's goody-goody behavior.

If they really wanted Cream to be of any use, they'd have not made her a pacifist and have given her a big honkin' weapon like Amy's Piko Piko Hammer.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Rob-Bert wrote:
gr4yJ4Y wrote:Making Cream a cuddly rabbit bent on murder is the only way they could justify keeping her in the cast.
They should've made Cheese his own character, since he's the one who does all the work. I could picture him talking smack in a completely opposite manner to Cream's goody-goody behavior.
I think I'd really like a trash-talking Chao... too bad the chao don't really talk.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well, you could have a Chao thats only says "Chao" and has subtitles so you can undertand what the heck he is saying....

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Didn't Cheese say a couple of things in Sonic Heroes? I remember him saying "Chocola Chao" at some point in a cut-scene. I don't see why he can't talk if they have him say cutesy shit at the end of his sentences a la Di Gi Charat.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Because he's supposed to be a dumb animal that can only really say his own species name and a few choice phrases; not somebody who can speak a human language fluently, but with a phrase tacked on like Suiseiseki and her nearly constant "desu".

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

The fact that the chao now say "chao" is one of the biggest examples of Sonic X shit that almost singlehandedly ruined the feel of the games and makes me wish that the idea of a Sonic anime series nosedived, crashed and burned before it even left the hangar. I used to enjoy the genuine cuteness of the little baby sounds chao made. Now all I hear is a stupid concept that was pushed to the brink of ridiculousness from the Pokémon anime.

And furthermore, I toiled over the chao as a mildly fun A-life system that was surely going to pay off as something more than five more emblems. Maybe coming to my aid in levels and accessing areas I couldn't before, à la Sonic 2 & Knuckles? No. They're just there to be virtual pets and race horses. Had to leave them in the garden. So now Cream gets to use hers? Her character's already cheap as hell, Cheese just pushed her into special ed territory. And the bow-tie just reminds me of all the dipshit pet owners who dress their doggies and kitties up in goofy-ass attire against their will.

I've said before that the next canon game, if not rushed, would benefit from an enhanced and polished chao garden. But I'm not sure that the prior requirement of everyone doing themselves the favor of forgetting about Sonic X has yet been fulfilled. (I'm not saying you had to be devoid of taste to enjoy the show. I'm just saying you have to be unbelievably clingy to have not forgotten about it yet.)

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I watched the first episode of Sonic X and it gave me nausea from the show's characterization of Sonic.

I forget, did Sonic Heroes come out before Sonic X?

EDIT:
According to the timeline, Sonic X started airing in Japan April 6th 2003. Sonic Heroes was released over there December 30th the same year. I don't think Sonic X had an influence on that game, so the chao speaking words could be considered part of pre-Sonic X cannon.