Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Remix

Post by Remix »

Damn me for thinking I'd get some real answers. :P

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

You might need to lurk more.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Yes. I can't believe you actually revived this 6 months old thread.

Remix

Post by Remix »

Delphine wrote:You might need to lurk more.
I might need to lurk less. :P

This place is kind of depressing sometimes.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Opa-Opa wrote:Yes. I can't believe you actually revived this 6 months old thread.
...the thread was started two days ago.

Remix

Post by Remix »

I think he was referring to a thread about SonicTheHedgehogMovie.com domain being purchased.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Let's all email Richard Kuta and see how his movie's coming along.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

I actually read the "Joined" date from Remix and took it as the thread's posting date. My bad.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

As much as I want one, a "good" Sonic movie just can't happen.

We'll never get a Sonic movie that respects the source material of the games, like Raimi, Synder and Nolan did with their comic-book films.

We'll most likely get a movie full of celebrity voices that do not fit the character, mindless slapstick instead of action, lots of fart and fecal jokes, some cheap pass at an 'emotional scene' where Sonic & Tails learn the true meaning of friendship, all while a "somber" song by Avril Lavigne plays in the bg. A big musical number at the end after Sonic defeats Eggman, where Knuckles raps about how Sonic is the 'coolest and fastest thing alive, yo!' and then Sonic winks at the camera, all "blinged" out. Cue end credits.

A pop-ish 'girly' song for the soundtrack and end credits, and if that wasn't shit enough, we'd get sequels of said shit, even shitter than the prevous shitfest. Then the merchandising and inevitable TV series that bases itself off the films.

But if hypothetically, a "true" Sonic movie were to be done it should be an origin of how Sonic meets Tails and Robotnik. Sonic is a lonely guy living on South Island, Eggman is a retired scientist/engineer, looking for the Chaos Emeralds, items told to him in bedtime stories by Professor Gerald. Eggman has a deep hatred for mankind, as he was orphaned as a child, becuase Profesor Gerald was arrest and executed due to the Government conspiracy. believing them to be on South Island, he searches there, destroying Sonic's home. Sonic is aided by a wise elderly Echinda, who tells him to go to WestSide Island, and find the Chaos Emerald. He goes there, and meets Miles, and the two form a friendship and thus begins their 3-film journey of aquiring the Chaos Emeralds.

Amy would be something from Sonic's childhood, a girl, a friend, but not exactly a girlfriend. They basically had the relationship you see in the games. Most of the time, Sonic's afraid of her, other times, they can be seen getting along and being good friends. Metal Sonic is created by Eggman in the middle of the film, as Sonic is strapped to a machine and has his genetics encoded into an unknown machine. Later on, as Eggman starts destroying Station Square, in search of the Emerald contained in it, Sonic and Tails try to stop him abaord the Tornado, and Sonic meets Metal Sonic. They gets into a race/fight on Stardust Speedway, which was going to be opened to the public at a ribbon-cutting ceremony, but didn't happen due to Eggman. Metal Sonic is defeated for now., and Sonic now goes after Robotnik who is piloting a giant robot now. At the end of the film, Sonic & Tails decide to search for the remaining Emeralds, after defeating Eggman, and later learn Amy is still around, and thus, they decide to go off to find her, too. After the end credits, we see Eggman in his jail cell, pulling out a notebook from the the mattress, labeled "Project Shadow"

Movie 2 opens with Eggman storming GUN's base, weapons a-blazing. Shadow is freed, and then cuts to Sonic in city escape. Movie shows more of Shadow/Maria's relationship, with Shadow being an "Edward Scissorhands" of sorts on the ARK. When he is released from GUN, he is consumed by anger and hatred and is much more sinster. It is pretty much a direct adaption of SA2. Amy is found, and appears to have grown-up a bit, and doesn't care for Sonic that much anymore, having her heartbroken at a young age. We learn theres a secret "underground" of animals creatures in Station Square, all having their genetics altered due to contact with Chaos Emeralds earlier in their lives, explaiing how these animals can walk and talk. Anyway, end of the film, Gerald's tape talks about how he designed Shadow after ancient artwork he saw in "The Hidden Palace" Sonic decides to go off on a journey to find the Hidden Palace, and retrieve the Master Emerald, which has the power to grant any wish. (a bit of creative liberties being taken here) As the movie ends, the emeralds are shot back to Earth. One lands on a small island, and Knuckles' shilouette is shown, setting him up for the third film.

Third film would start with Knuckles on Angel Island, Eggman lands the Egg Carrier and meets him, asking for his help in aquiring the seven Emeralds. Kncuckles lost the jewels to theives years prior, and feels a failure at his job of guarding them. He joins Eggman, in hopes of obtaining them, and bringing life back to Angel Island, which is now a dark and gloomy land. Knuckles is a bit of a savage when Eggman meets him, wearing nothing but leaves for sandals, and eating bugs for nourishment. Eggman acts as a father-figure to Knuckles, something he hasn't had in his life. Knuckles is given the famous sneakers and gloves by Eggman, and is told how Sonic stole the jewels years prior, making Knuckles have a strong vendetta against Sonic. Meanwhile, Sonic is missing. Tails and Amy have not seen him in over a year. Sonic looks at the rubble of South Island, trying to find the elderly echinda from movie one, to help him find the Hidden Palace. When Sonic finds him, he sees he has been wounded by one of Eggman's robots. The elderly echinda warns Sonic that Chaos is returning. Sonic deosn't quite understand, then the Echinda dies in his arms. The light-orb from Sonic Adventure is seen a lot earlier in the film, mostly in scene transitions, not exactly seen by any of the characters until it gets towards the end of the movie. It's pretty much a Sonic Adventure adaption. Knuckles and Sonic get into a lot of battles, and Eggman equips him with armor which he says whill mae him stronger, but is actually a mind-control device, turning Knuckles into a mindless drone of Eggman's. During the Chaos 6 fight, Sonic frees Knuckles and the two fight Eggman and Chaos 6. Sonic falls off the Egg Carrier, meets the light orb, and enters Hidden Palace. with again, creative liberties being taken, where Sonic sees a strange hedgehog on the Perfect Chaos painting, and later in the Super Sonic battle, remembers that he stopped Chaos over a thousand years ago, and Shadow was designed after him. Sonic defeats Perfect Chaos, Robotnik is defeated in Final Egg, with Metal Sonic joining in the brawl midway but is later tossed into the ocean being left for dead. End of the film, Angel Island is restored, And so is South Island. Metal Sonic washes ashore, and sees a small animal. He immediately turns his arm into a gun and prepares to kill it. However, a small butterfyul lands on his nose. He looks at the world around him and feels a happiness inside that he did not have in Eggman's cold, unloving factories and lowers his weapon, walking into the island, signifying he's "gone good" Sonic, Amy, and Tails live happily ever after on South Island until the next villain comes along..

spon

Post by spon »

Or you know, Sonic could just fuck up a whole lot of robots to early 90s techno music

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

YES PLEASE

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

For a long time I've thought that the best way to do a Sonic movie would be as a series of music videos with an overarcing story.

Something like a cross between Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem and Sonic CD's animated shorts.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

That actually sounds like something that would make a really cool direct-to-DVD movie.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I long ago just realized that Sonic's classical flimsy argument isn't enough for a movie, not even a short animated series with lots and lots of fillers and such. It just works perfectly for a game, like Super Mario's own argument.
On the other hand the new Sonic's so full of cinematic potential you can easily do whatever you want with it's story, problem is I don't personally care because I dislike many of the new, pointless, non-charismatic characters and angsty drama and blah blah.

And the video Silv posted was phenomenal.

Remix

Post by Remix »

cjmcray wrote:A huge post, don't quote the whole thing please
Maybe I should write a script.

As a GHZ project or something.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Please, no Shadow until at least the fourth installment, by which time the public will have grown tired of the series.

Remix

Post by Remix »

I'd leave his ass out completely.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

"Edward Scissorhands"
Will Shadow be played by Johnny Depp?

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

G.Silver wrote:
"Edward Scissorhands"
Will Shadow be played by Johnny Depp?
Tim Burton is directing Sonic the Hedgehog?

HMMMMMMMMMM...

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Remix wrote:As a GHZ project or something.
No.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Shadow can be in it as long as Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic heroes are completely ignored, and said games banished to the void for eternity.

Black Rook wrote:Tim Burton is directing Sonic the Hedgehog?

HMMMMMMMMMM...

YES!

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Wooduck51 wrote:Shadow can be in it as long as Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic heroes are completely ignored, and said games banished to the void for eternity.
How about this: we deal with Shadow the same way Sam Raimi dealt with a popular character he hated.

In the third movie, we shoehorn him into a plot that would work much better without him, and then we make him to focus of the advertising. He'll be hinted at a few times during the movie, but only actually appears in the last twenty minutes (where he teams up with some other villain who should've been the story's focus... say, Chaos), with some of his trademark gimmicks removed, and dies in a manner that screams "fuck this character, we're making sure he's not around for the sequel."

That way, Sega gets their Shadow movie and we get him out of the way.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Crazy Penguin wrote:For a long time I've thought that the best way to do a Sonic movie would be as a series of music videos with an overarcing story.

Something like a cross between Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem and Sonic CD's animated shorts.
I've thought about something like this some time ago Penguin, but mainly based on the music from Project Chaos: S3&K Remix.

Evolving just a bit, we could have something like the Clone Wars cartoon series, which I think would be very cool too, and then release it all together on DVD.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

How about this: we deal with Shadow the same way Sam Raimi dealt with a popular character he hated.

In the third movie, we shoehorn him into a plot that would work much better without him, and then we make him to focus of the advertising. He'll be hinted at a few times during the movie, but only actually appears in the last twenty minutes (where he teams up with some other villain who should've been the story's focus... say, Chaos), with some of his trademark gimmicks removed, and dies in a manner that screams "fuck this character, we're making sure he's not around for the sequel."

That way, Sega gets their Shadow movie and we get him out of the way.

Or how about someone beats the shit out of Iizuka, that would be twice as fun, and avoid any more character harming shitty ideas that ass hole might have.

On the subject of a movie you have made me see the light: portray Shadow correctly (SA2 and StH personality) or no Shadow at all. I really do not appreciate crack headed fools permanently scarring a character I liked with two vastly shitty games from the pit of hell that now stand like giant monuments of death and hatred upon the back of said character crushing him under the weight of their abominations.

As far as an actual movie goes, an adaption of SA2 might be nice, or maybe something that lacks any voice acting at all and just uses music to tell the story, that would be neat.

Remix

Post by Remix »

Delphine wrote:
Remix wrote:As a GHZ project or something.
No.
Good. I was already leaning towards the thought that GHZ wasn't worth trying to please. :>