Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Glad to see Donkey Kong is back to doing what he does best. I guess old habits really do die hard.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Ape Rape!

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

HAHAHA

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Look at the <i>size</i> of those <i>hands!</i>

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Massive new update: Tom Nook will NOT be a playable character, in fact he might not even be a AT! :eek: He's been regulated to a background set piece.

Oh, & there's a new stage, whatever.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Notice that Blathers is suspiciously missing from the backgrounds.

Could we see an Owl with fossil-chucking attacks?

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Is anyone else intrigued that Animal Crossing apparently has its own symbol?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hence my suggestion of Blathers and his "kill you and identify your bones" attack. Or Kappa and his "Salty Seaman Cucumber Squirt".

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

If Blathers/Kapp'n/your Animal Crossing character/whoever WAS a playable character, they'd have to be the lame joke character. After all, it's unlikely that Mr. Game and Watch is going to return.

Although I bet the AC character is just an Assist Trophy, after all, Samurai Goro got a symbol. (no, really, go check)

Having said that, who's the best candidate? I pick Copper. At least he wouldn't look as silly as a designer or a museum owner. And his power could be to throw maps or open a town gate vortex or something.

BigD00D64

Post by BigD00D64 »

Mr. Game and watch WILL return, since he is the FIRST character Nintendo ever made. As for a possible fighter, I think Nook. He can get his hands on almost ANYTHING... Still, since he is in the backround, I dought that. Also, maybe a posible link between AC:WW and SSBB will put your character in. Probably as a backround character though.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Smilie wrote:If Blathers/Kapp'n/your Animal Crossing character/whoever WAS a playable character, they'd have to be the lame joke character. After all, it's unlikely that Mr. Game and Watch is going to return.
This makes me wonder if Miis will somehow become playable characters...
Smilie wrote:Although I bet the AC character is just an Assist Trophy, after all, Samurai Goro got a symbol. (no, really, go check)
I think that's just a very sneaky confirmation that Captain Falcon will return. If you look at Mr.Wright, you'll see that he doesn't have his own symbol.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Smilie wrote:Having said that, who's the best candidate? I pick Copper. At least he wouldn't look as silly as a designer or a museum owner. And his power could be to throw maps or open a town gate vortex or something.
I'd rather have Booker, just because he's so damn cool. Every town needs a cop whose not entirely sure if he should let you take stuff from the lost and found, but does anyway.

But I'm willing to bet that Mr. Resetti will be an assist trophy. This would make me so very happy.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I think that's just a very sneaky confirmation that Captain Falcon will return. If you look at Mr.Wright, you'll see that he doesn't have his own symbol.
Damn. I guess that means there probably will be an AC playable character. Let me think of who isn't in the background.

* Blathers
* Random Villager
* Copper
* Booker
* Gulliver
* That otter guy
* Customizable player character?
* Mable and Able
* Resetti
* Porter
* Kapp'n
* Pete
* Pelly and Phyllis

Also, seeing Solid Snake in an Animal Crossing town will be the weirdest sight of any game ever.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Midna needs to be either an assist trophy or playable character, owning all other contestants with a hair hand would be awesome.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Wooduck51 wrote:Midna needs to be either an assist trophy or playable character, owning all other contestants with a hair hand would be awesome.
I think it's more likely (and it'd make more sense) that Wolf Link could end up playable, with Midna riding on his back and used for a number of attacks....although then again I don't recall if there's been any playable characters who always stand on 4 legs before, even when stationery.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Not going to happen, but Zant would be hilarious.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

A problem with Zant is that all of his attacks that we've seen are stolen from other bosses or running foward, waving a sword and screaming like a banshee.

So, yeah, hope he's in there.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

I hope Mr. Resetti is playable, and to unlock him you have to reset your Wii while in the middle of playing. Then the next time you start up the game and select a mode to play in, instead of fighting like normal you get the "NEW CHALLENGER" screen and Mr. Resetti appears to open a world of hurt on you for resetting the game.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

If that doesn't happen, I will be very upset.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Does Mr Resetti even have a lower torso and feet to use in his model?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I'd think he'd be more appropriate for an attack character or whatever they're called. You know, just sort of come up out of the ground and give hell to the other players for not saving before turning off their game.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

Does Mr Resetti even have a lower torso and feet to use in his model?
In Wild World, you can see him sitting on a chair in the Cafe on Sunday.

But that's the only time, and his feet are triangles.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

Double post, but it's been a few days so meh.

MONDAY'S UPDATE: We get the unidentifiable Star Fox tune.

TUESDAY: Another Pokemon for the Pokeballs - Deoxys.

TODAY: We find out Samus's final smash, which is a giant energy blast that damages opponents and turns her into Zero Suit Samus.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Mon: It's from the SNES SF.
Tue: Joining Goroh in the list of the screwed over
Wed: OMG!1! METRIOD IZ A GURL!!!111uno I'm amazed at how many people are actually surprised that this is how she transforms given that we saw this happen in the 1st trailer.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Team Mecha wrote:I'm amazed at how many people are actually surprised that this is how she transforms given that we saw this happen in the 1st trailer.
It is surprising. If this is the only way to play as Zero Suit Samus, tournament players are going to be pissed off.