Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

ギガ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!!!!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

This has got to be the BEST Final Smash revealed so far. IMO, playable Giga Bowser has just made this game win everything, ever.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Damn your jinxes Zeta!

Really should've used tilts for the remote, double pressing a direction twice for a medium attack & once for a heavy attack doesn't exactly make a lot of sense.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Am I missing something? I didn't see any part about double tapping...

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Giggabowser = win.
gr4yJ4Y wrote:I'm beginning to think these Final Smash attacks will be pretty balanced. We have Link, who appears to only be able to attack one enemy with his Final Smash. Then we have Pikachu, who can attack a large amount of enemies, but risks falling off the edge of the board. And finally we have Mario. He attacks in a vague <-shape with him at the left. This allows him to attack more characters who are farther away from him, while leaving an open spot for enemies that are just out of range. It makes me curious as how they'll handle these attacks for the other characters.
Having Giggabowser as a Final Smash is keeping things pretty balanced. He can still be attacked, but he's much stronger. And since he'll return to his normal form after some time, he needs to try to do as much damage as possible in as short of time as possible.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Pressing two buttons on the sideways Wiimote for a smash seems fiddly to me. But at the same time, it might be preferable for beginners.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I don't think there's any feasible way for the wiimote-only controls to work as well as the other options. But you know, it's still pretty cool that they're bothering to include it. I've been getting pretty sick of having to buy four new controllers every console generation. It's nice to know that when your friends come over you'll be able to toss them onto practically any controllers you happen to have lying around.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

That's funny, I remember only having the DualShock 2 and nothing more. Either way, it's as bad of a control option as playing any MK with a 3-button Genesis pad.
Esrever wrote:They're not going to make a game with 40+ playable characters... it'd be too hard to balance them all.
Un-balanced?

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

MvsC2 is hardly balanced & I'm not sure about MKA but nobody ever took that series as a whole as a serious fighter anyway.

Anywho, last Friday update before E3, think we'll get anything particularly special?

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Nah. I'm predicting a stage update.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Yeah, Isuka! I think those two games are great examples of totally unbalanced character rosters... especially Mortal Kombat.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

New update, and Timestones was right - the rather pretty Bridge of Eldin from Twilight Princess, complete with the (occasional) break in the middle and a miniboss cameo. Still, that means the only stage out of five that doesn't consist entirely of floating platforms is Delfino Plaza.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

You know who would be sweet in this game? Little Mac.

Anon

Post by Anon »

I've been saying that since Melee. Since we got Mr. Game and Watch of all people last time, there might be a chance, but I'm not holding my breath.

If he were in there, I wonder if there would be an option to use his NES incarnation as opposed to how he looks from the arcade/SNES/Fight Night Round 2.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

If they do that, we should also have the option to switch Yoshi's annoying babytalk to his SMW/Yoshi's Island/Kart 64 style speech.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

Speaking of Yoshi, I just realised that they accidently announced Yoshi as a playable character. Remember how, in Bros. and Melee, Yoshi had his own egg symbol instead of a mushroom symbol like most other Mario characters?

WELL THAT EGG SYMBOL WAS ON THAT YOSHI'S STORY MUSIC THINGO AND THE YOSHI'S ISLAND STAGE

FEAR MY DEDUCTIVE REASONING AND LOGIC

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Wow, it's like you're Batman or something.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Having Yoshi come back was kind of an inevitability, really.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

It would be odd to have stages from the Yoshi games, but no Yoshi.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Maybe it's not Yoshi, it's Boshi.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Square would sue them.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Oh.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Black Rook wrote:If they do that, we should also have the option to switch Yoshi's annoying babytalk to his SMW/Yoshi's Island/Kart 64 style speech.
I never had a problem with the baby talk. But then again, I find Navi's "HEY! LISTEN!" amusing instead of annoying, which proves that I'm not all there in the head. Mostly.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Anon wrote:
Black Rook wrote:If they do that, we should also have the option to switch Yoshi's annoying babytalk to his SMW/Yoshi's Island/Kart 64 style speech.
I never had a problem with the baby talk. But then again, I find Navi's "HEY! LISTEN!" amusing instead of annoying, which proves that I'm not all there in the head. Mostly.
Same here. I actually really enjoy mimicking that baby talk of Yoshi's. Kirby's too.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

I like the Navi thing, but I hate the baby talk. I loved the old Yoshi sounds from Super Mario World.