Horrible Nightmare: Sonic and Mario at the Olympics the RIDE

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Horrible Nightmare: Sonic and Mario at the Olympics the RIDE

Post by Zeta »

I had the most fucked up dream last night, and since it involved people here, I'd thought I'd write about it. In it, I somehow got my family to go to Disneyworld, in which we discovered that Sonic and Mario Olympics had a ride built there, in some very expensive deal between Nintendo, Sega, and Disney. Once on the ride however, we quickly discovered it was nothing more than an experience in which one sits in a chair for 15 minutes watching recorded footage of the original Mario bros NES game while the "Green Hill Zone" theme plays in the background. This is followed by a very short drop.

Since the ride was in "beta" or whatever, the people behind it asked us to fill out very lengthly surveys about what we thought about "the ride". It was then I discovered that for some reason, WB and Segaholic were put in charge of developing the ride. I vigorously complained to them about the quality of the ride, and WB quickly whipped up an issue of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog in which Antoine (mysterious called Zeta) complains about a ride and is savagely beaten by the rest of the cast and left in the desert to die. This was followed by them strapping me into a train ride and making me ride around the park in it till I had to go home. I tried to complain to management, but they explained they could only control their employees if said employees lost in a TCG tournament held by Human Resources whenever somebody complained.

Then I woke up.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I don't know if I should feel flattered or horribly uncomfortable that I appear in your dreams.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I told this story once before, but I like it, so here it is again:

I had a very vivid dream once where I became the director of my own games studio. I made the game of my dreams. When it came out, Gibbon posted one of his little review posts, and it said, "Pop's done it. He's made the best game of all time. Or at least he would have done if the control wasn't balls."

What does this mean?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

CRACK. IS. BAD.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Popcorn wrote:I had a very vivid dream once where I became the director of my own games studio. I made the game of my dreams. When it came out, Gibbon posted one of his little review posts, and it said, "Pop's done it. He's made the best game of all time. Or at least he would have done if the control wasn't balls."
Reminds me of this.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

It is clear what needs to be done.

SegaHolic and WB must be killed, to prevent this horrible future from happening.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

What does this mean?
It means my judgment is flawless and absolute and the fact that you recognize this makes you a wiser man than most.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I'm now rather curious how a ride based on Olympic games could work.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Now I'm trying to imagine what it would be like seeing SMB being played with the Sonic 1 soundtrack.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Probably like that "Somario" game, only without the crappiness.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Without?

WB
Drano Master

Post by WB »

**blinks**

Dude, what the hell kind of crack are you on? XD

SIDEBAR: In retrospect though, that is SO the thing I would have done if given the chance. Nice to know that I stay in character even in Dreamland :)

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

<__<;;

Naw, this idiocy is all natural.