Sonic Rush Adventure Officially Announced

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Zeta wrote:Image
Good LORD do I hate this kind of online comic. Buh huh huh, nerdy pop culture reference plus sarcastic cynicism (OH AND PROFANITY HAHA), buh huh huh, I can't believe they went there. Oh man they said 'raped my childhood', hoo hoo, alright! Man, will those clueless execs EVER learn? They have to fuck EVERYTHING up. Buh huh huh, funny.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Bah, badass Mickey isn't in Kingdom Hearts. Badass Mickey is in Floyd Gottfredson's comics. Mickey used guns much before Shadow. He didn't fight only mad scientists, he used to fight bank-robbers, smugglers, thieves, all sorts of underground scum. Duckburg probably builds jailhouses because of him. He had evil villains like Pete and the Phantom Blot that would chew Eggman and Bowser for breakfast. He cheated death more than once. He fought nazis, for crying outloud.

Check this out, it's from the story The Seven Ghosts from the 30s:

"- How are you going to find out about the ghosts Mickey?
- I'm gonna shoot the next one that shows up. If they are real ghosts, the bullets won't do nothing. If they aren't... well, they are criminals... and threatened your life!"

Mickey Mouse = badass

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Comic!Hero Mickey was basically Tintin meets Green Arrow meets Green Hornet. Actually, I suspect he's closer to the Spirit without a mask than anything. Yeah, those comics were fun.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Dammit, the closest I've ever come to reading one of those is my days of watching Ducktales and those adaptation shorts on Mickey's Mouse Works.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Holy crap, the Phantom Blot. I had that book when I was a kid too.

WW

Post by WW »

~teehee~

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Oh god. It's parallel!universe Tails based on his original Tanuki design.

So Blaze will be coming back, and she'll be bringing her own personal sidekick with her.

Wait a second . . .this is the FIRST female character in the ENTIRE history of the franchise that's not pink or purple! A series first. I'd thought we'd never see the day.

Anyways, I had a feeling we'd be bumped up to four characters for SR2, but at this point I expected Blaze's sidekick to be Silver.

WW

Post by WW »

Whoops, I read wrong, she is indeed from Blaze's world.
Also: Rouge, Tikal, Cream, Vanilla.
Last edited by WW on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Rouge is wearing a bunch of pink crap and her giant ears are pink. Cream and Vanilla are a pinkish sort of cream color. Forgot about Tikal, though. In retrospect, I'm surprised she wasn't light red or something.
From what I've heard the raccoon is from Sonic's world, not Blaze's. Could be wrong though.
If the Rush series is going to keep on bringing in Blaze, I wonder if they're just going to quietly ignore the events of Sonic360. Or if they're going to come out and explain the Sonic in 360 was a different one from Rush Blaze or something.

Also, the tanuki girl's power should be attacking with her testicles. Failing that, there's always freaky transformations into statues or kettles. Or shooting leaves. Or something like that.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Blaze coming back doesn't really surprise me, considering this is the sequel to her original game debut. The tanuki/racoon girl does, but in a sad way.

If SRA is focusing on pirates, why can't they just have the Babylon Rogues in here instead of a (YET ANOTHER) new character? I mean, they're pirates...to a point.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The Babylon Rogues would've been a lot better in Sonic Wii. They're half-Djinn who use mechanical flying carpets, for pete's sake.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

WW wrote:Image

~teehee~
Where did this image come from?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

From GameFaqs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ ... header.jpg

I'm staying skeptical now, as this apparently hasn't made its way to my main sources for Sonic news (the Cult and GHZ, if you were wondering)...but it looks like it could be real.

Apparently it came from here: http://sonicyoda.sonicstrike.net/index2.php

And that's all I know.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

Edit : Damn beaten to it.

It's almost certainly fanmade though. Nowhere else seems to have it.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

So there's no official source on this, it's hosted on ImageShack, and Sonic Stadium says it's "confirmed." :roll:

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

At this rate, all furry characters are as likely to be official as any other, so can you blame them? I'd buy it if they said a new character was going to be "Squirts the Otter" and his special ability would be shooting water out of his ass.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

While this is true, I don't get why both Sega of America and Sega Europe would have left news of any additional characters out of their press releases. I mean heck they even mentioned Tails in both, so if they had other characters to reveal they'd have divulged surely? Also, everything Segaholic2 just said.
Last edited by b_boult on Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

If that raccoon is fan-made, it's REALLY well done. It looks exactly like the official art. I know some people have gotten pretty good at aping that style, but I've never seen anyone do it that well... without resorting to editing a piece of existing art. And I don't think that's the case here, unless it's some picture of Cream that I've forgotten about.

I'd peg it as real, just because of the quality of the drawing. If it's a hoax, my compliments to the artist!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm in agreement with Esrever here - the art quality is much too good to be a fan-character, unless this is like a professional artist in a high paying job who likes to make Sonic characters in their spare time.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

The color scheme on that character is utter horeshit. It looks like someone just recolored some Sonic Team character art using MS Paint, using the worst possible color patterns.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

The clarity on Blaze is different than that of Sonic and that other character which kind of screams bad photoshop to me.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Zeta wrote:At this rate, all furry characters are as likely to be official as any other, so can you blame them? I'd buy it if they said a new character was going to be "Squirts the Otter" and his special ability would be shooting water out of his ass.
So he would attack by performing enemas all the time? He must have one clean ass, then.

I hadn't realized that the banner might be a fake when I first saw it, but given the evidence provided here, I'll admit I'm feeling skeptical. I actually like the design, though. As for whether or not I'll like the <i>character</i>, though... that's all down to how they're actually used in the game. Assuming they're not a hoax.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

(edit: whoops, Holic beat me to it)

I don't doubt the authenticity of that Blaze piece (that she has anything to do with this game after all, that's another matter). It's not blurry and seems official enough. Unfortunately. I mean, damnit, can they not have her borrowing one of Shadow's poses for once?

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

The lines on the 'new' character seem off. Plus, the eye markings look way too... solid. And idiotic.

There's an area by her elbow where whoever applied the character to the background forgot to erase the white BG.

Yeah, I'm going for hoax.

b_boult

Post by b_boult »

The webmaster of the site the image comes from just posted this on Sonic Stadium:
Ah, Cold Dog must have picked up that banner from my site then!

Okay, let me clear things up for you. Yes, the banner is official. I'm not going to say "because I got it from a very reliable source" or anything like that and leave everyone in the dark.

The fact is, I got it from Sega. On the day that Sonic Rush Adventure was announced, I went to the section at Sega Europe to see if there was any screenshots or videos and the picture you see here was the header of the page.

So it would seem that the people working on the site jumped the gun slightly because now the header is different. Perhaps they were supposed to announce this character later on in another press release, I don't know.

Either way, that's the deal. It was just the header on the day the game was announced at the Sega Europe site. There was no other information on the new character or Blaze being playable unfortunately.

But there you go, it's official. At least you all know now.
Unless he's lying, I guess it's real after all.