Sonic Rush Adventure Officially Announced

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

WW wrote:I'd burn three copies to hell.
Oh... you broke the happy-ass sarcasm chain :( ...

aso

Post by aso »

ChaosAngelZero wrote:
WW wrote:I'd burn three copies to hell.
Oh... you broke the happy-ass sarcasm chain :( ...
One person doesn't make a chain.

Also, who's the character in your avatar image, there?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

cjmcray wrote:Hm. Sonic seems to be getting a lot more cutesy, whimsy, and comical.
But Sonic has always been cute, whimsy and comical. We're talking about a series that once centered around a weapon called the "Death Egg." (Simultaneously a bad Star Wars parody and a silly egg joke.)

Sonic used to fight robot chickens and ghosts. Now he's fighting robot pirates and genies. He's a blue hedgehog! It's a silly series.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Then Frieza's and cray's commentaries are all legit?!

And the avatar's character is Momoko Akatsutsumi/ Hyper Blossom.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

A loli's snatch...not surprising. :x

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

... So what? A snatch's just a snatch, and we all here know that (and it's still a clean panty shot).
Besides, that girl's a damn otaku, she just flips out whenever she sees fit. She rocks, dude XP .

WW

Post by WW »

Do I have to go over the chopping pedophiles' dick thing? For your wang's sake, stay out of Texas.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

ChaosAngelZero wrote:A snatch's just a snatch
Like you would know.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Did you help popularize this thing?

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

ChaosAngelZero wrote:... So what? A snatch's just a snatch, and we all here know that (and it's still a clean panty shot).
Besides, that girl's a damn otaku, she just flips out whenever she sees fit. She rocks, dude XP .

You are so right dude! She is so SUPER KAWAII DESU NE~!! ^-^;;
I wish I could glomp her along with my BISHIE SEPHIROSU! WAAAI! ;_;
Rorikon does not make me a pedofairu! MEH! >.<;;

Go die in a fire desu.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Again, I reitirate to ChaosZero, change your avatar.

Anyway..

Yes, I realize the Sonic series is supposed to be childish (the main character is a talking hedgehog with 'attitude')

But the artwork, as good as it is, gives off cute, Mario-like vibes, and Sonic's always been a very action-filled franchise. While Mario stomps on Goombas, eats Mushrooms, and wears Frog pajamas, Sonic battles deadly looking villains, blows shit up, runs at extremely high-speeds, (while fast-paced techno beats blare in the BG) etc. Mario is more cute, while Sonic is more "action" and usually his stories are interesting and epic (The SA series, Sonic 3) While Mario just saves the Princess and barely talks, except to say "YA-HOOO! MAMA-MIA! HERE WE GOOO!"

Don't get me wrong, I like Mario and all, but like I said, he's more "cute" while Sonic is more "action" And While I like to see some cartoony, fantasy adventures for Sonic, I don't want ALL of his games to be like that, and ditch the SA/Genesis style.

Things like the addition of Cream/Cheese, Heroes, Sonic X, and the inclusion of genies in Secret Rings leads me to believe Sonic Team wants to Disney, or Mario-ify Sonic.

I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than I should be. I DO like the artwork, and it is a nice change of pace to see wacky stuff in Sonic's world, I just don't want Sonic Team to forget what Sonic's about, and try to copy Mario. Sonic was never a cheap Mario clone, Sonic was always doing what Mario didn't. ("SEGA does what Nintendon't!")

I can't help but feel Eggman Pirates, Xtreme Gear, and Shahara the Genie would be better suited for an american made Sonic cartoon, rather than a game. Still, it does look like an interesting concept.

P.S: Thanks Stardust.
Last edited by cjmcray on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Careful or people will drag up the old Sonic the Hedgehog concept and promo art as they have done once already this year. They would be right to do so.

And I assure you Sonic Team has long since forgotten what Sonic is about.
Plorpus III wrote:Go die in a fire desu.
Quoted for greatness.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Well, Sonic definitely has more of an edge than Mario. Hell, Mickey Mouse has more of an edge than Mario! Who doesn't? Hello Kitty. Kirby, maybe.

But you know, it was really only the two Sonic Adventure games that pushed Sonic hard into that direction. I liked the edgier art and (relatively) more epic storytelling myself, but still, it was kind of an anomaly in the tone of the overall series. Prior to Sonic Adventure, Sonic was pretty lighthearted stuff. And after the most recent attempts to treat Sonic "seriously" -- Shadow and Sonic Next -- I'm OK with Sonic Team going back to that for awhile.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Hell, Mickey Mouse has more of an edge than Mario!
See, I was going to say "I don't know man, did Mickey Mouse fight his enemies on countless battleships(ref SMB3)?" but then at the last minute, I remembered the Kingdom Hearts series.

And Bowser looks more threatning than Eggman.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

I don't know... in fact Mario jumps over mean-looking cannon balls and bullets, and ventures into creepy castles. You can maybe do an analogy with Sonic's polluted cities' landscapes and Eggman's multiple air fortresses for that, but there was indeed something totally edgy about him that doesn't show in Mario's games. Maybe it's all that "I don't have regrets, don't have time to waste" thing of being able to zip across the place, all that... freedom, if you want to call it like that.
Oompa Star wrote:Did you help popularize this thing?
You mean Kuma-san, the brave anti-deforestation fighter? Of course I do, he rules and he has a noble cause to promote.

So I'm a pedo for using as my avatar some generic panty art that parodies an actual scene from a given episode of a Saturday morning Japanese cartoon starring a freaked out, fictional 13 year old? Pleeeeaase, admit you envy my genius.
And my avatar still kicks ass and won't give up (it's so much damn awesome, I can't even control it).

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Thank goodness for this image blocker, Opera 9!

Also, Sonic edgeness over Mario was a construct of his Westernized marketing. It's sorta like how Nintendo's American branch gives Kirby an angry face in all of his North American covers.

Speaking of Kirby and related to Eserver's point, I find it funny that most of the final bosses in the games are so contrastly dark to the general overtone of the franchise.

I mean, this creature is crying blood, for God's sake.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Man, that thing's pretty scary indeed, what were they thinking?

And I simply knew that holic was going to do that, how could he resist to the "it's so much damn awesome, I can't even control it" line? I'm happy because now I have a title, it's not technically correct but it's still good. I would prefer something like "Easily aroused".

aso

Post by aso »

ChaosAngelZero wrote:Then Frieza's and cray's commentaries are all legit?!

A chain: a series of connected links (or, in this case, posts).

Frieza was being sarcastic. Rob-Bert was being sarcastic. Cray apparently wasn't. Every other poster was being more or less serious, thus disconnecting any potential chain that might have existed. So you're right in that there were other people being lolz sarcastic... just not enough to make a continuous 'chain'. The 'happy-ass sarcasm chain' exists only in your mind, son.

... out of curiosity, did you come from 4chan? Or 7chan?
Ngangibus wrote:Speaking of Kirby and related to Eserver's point, I find it funny that most of the final bosses in the games are so contrastly dark to the general overtone of the franchise.
Given that Kirby exists in a dreamworld, it would only make sense that the ultimate enemies tend to be nightmarish beings, right? Closest that Mario has ever come to facing a nightmare would be.... er... SMB2.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

... Since when those boards are synonym of pedophiles? And no, I don't like them, nor do I care for them, but I do know those crazy shops they are prone to do.

So yeah, there was technically no chain. But it was so much fun...

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

Radrappy wrote:Especially one that is basically a robot eggman
What about Eggrobo? He's always been frikkin badass in my book.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I agree that most of Sonic's "badass image" seemed to be a result of Sega's marketing team operating in America under the "EXTREEEME wid' a 'TUDE!" '90s.
See, I was going to say "I don't know man, did Mickey Mouse fight his enemies on countless battleships(ref SMB3)?" but then at the last minute, I remembered the Kingdom Hearts series.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I wish Mickey had never made a full appearence in KH. I actually liked the fact that you only caught a brief glimpse of him in the first game.

Anyone who says Mario doesn't have an edge needs to play through Paper Mario 2, Super Mario RPG and some of the more difficult segments of Super Mario 64 again.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Paper Mario is like two or three steps below the absolute cuteness pinnacle. While I would admit that Super Mario RPG has some things that make it slightly more 'rad', Super Mario 64 is... well, is just like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World (but it has way better musical composition), nothing too edgy to really care.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

He said, Paper Mario 2, not Paper Mario. The sequel did have a "WTF?" moment near the end where Peach becomes possesed by the 1000 year old Shadow Queen demon and you had to fight her.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Ngangbius wrote:He said, Paper Mario 2, not Paper Mario. The sequel did have a "WTF?" moment near the end where Peach becomes possesed by the 1000 year old Shadow Queen demon and you had to fight her.
Seems like it's me and...nobody else who wasn't caught off guard by that one.

I just now noticed but there's a loophole in the spoiler tags: the topic review pane displays the spoiler text clear as day with no black box.