New NiGHTS

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So we're already getting NiGHTs 3 in two years. Oy. I think the "grand vision" might be a trainwreck of Sonic Adventure-like ideas featuring incongruous playstyles though, so it might be a good thing.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

This is terrible.
If what he's saying is true this game is being shat out, its potential as a creative device not even being considered, and that they plan to make a second game for the PS3 and 360 later on.

Probably the most depressing thing I've read in years.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

That info implies that not only has Sega/Sonic Team not learned a single thing from any of their recent failings, they're ready to sink to any low possible now to make a cheap buck.

Instead of having even the slightest hope I'm just going to instantly assume this game has absolutely no potential whatsoever now.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Who is this guy and why is everyone believing him without the slightest bit of skepticism?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Yeah really, though he has a photo posted of several big-name developers all the in the same room at GDC, the kind of thing that tends to reinforce someone when they try to get factual. Still, i'll wait and see what the figureheads with the Sega hookups at nightsintodreams.com can press out of the reps, if anything.
James McGeachie wrote:Instead of having even the slightest hope I'm just going to instantly assume this game has absolutely no potential whatsoever now.
viewtopic.php?p=63605&highlight=positive#63605
Someone also named James McGeachie wrote:It's going to be tripe, I bet they don't put the dual screens to any innovative use at all and the game relies solely on elements pulled directly from the original. From the looks of it Nintendo are just making this game as a cash in, it's not something that should've been outsourced. A game like this should've been considered a high priority title they put their full attention into.

I wish I was a more positive guy.
So do I, pal.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

For the record I do actually own that game and it's completely uninspired and boring/tedious as hell.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I feel the same way about the original Yoshi's Island. It's fun until you get to the 3rd world, then it just becomes as hard as two week dog turds. Why the fuck does Yoshi die from touching spikes?!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

They are his only weakness.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

He contracted <i>Mega Man</i> Fever prior to game start.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Meh, YIDS has absolutely nothing on the original. Both presentation-wise and gameplay-wise.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

OK, so does anyone understand what's all the blabber written over this scan? The last part says something like "by the way, what's NiGHTS?", which makes me think it was taken just to make some point in a Japanese forum or something.

And someone tell this TRiPPY person that scan's taken from Famitsu Magazine.

EDIT: By the way, this is a weird pic to say the least.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I guess I'm not the first guy to think of having anthropomorphic video game consoles as mascots.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

I was thinking that they seem to be good friends... that's awful, they should be ripping each others' chips apart, but well, you can't have it your way all the time.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Is just me of that animal was "Titus the Fox"?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

I'd buy it, but only if it has broken controls so you can't do the drill dash while paralooping. If not, it fails.

Also, there has to be some 20 or so endings, each one more unlikely to make any sense at all than the last one. And something to collect in even more broken, unaccessible special stages of some sort so you can fight against 'Ailen Wizemna' as Ultra NiGHTZ.

EDIT: Claris definitely must show tit, and I wouldn't mind some 'amigos' along the way too.
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

NiGHTS and other characters also need to say damn every three words. That's the icing on the cake.

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

... I really hope that this is only nice looking fanart and not some kind of conceptual spoiler of sorts.

I have a bad feeling about it...

EDIT:
Rob-Bert wrote:NiGHTS and other characters also need to say damn every three words. That's the icing on the cake.
Now that I think about it, the sole moment a character in NiGHTS starts talking (other than a Japanese narrator with some seriously sexy voice) will mark forever the end of Sonic Team. EVUR.
Last edited by ChaosAngelZero on Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I'd wager it's just fan art, myself.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

"Artwork © TRiPPY"

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

It's fanart. Those Nightsintodreams.com people used it on the "document" they sent to Sonic Team that included all their "input" into the game.

*shiver*

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Uuhh... thanks Silv, you bring peace to my mind. If it's only that, then the developers won't have enough time left to include those pretty designs for unholy purposes.

UCHU

Post by UCHU »

Is it me or does the Sonic Team logo look incredibly pissed off on that silly mock cover?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I does. I would too.

I'd be particularly curious to the Limp Bizkit soundtrack.

spon

Post by spon »

G.Silver wrote:*shiver*
Dear Sonic Team,

VOMIT