Sonic Channel Updates

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's funny no one ever cares about the one character almost outright hinted at being gay in the series: Charmy Bee.

Original Charmy X Heroes Charmy = OTP. The first Charmy loved quiet, gardening, and being polite. The second Charmy is a hyperactive spazzy flamboyant fag who likes dudes in speedos. They'd be like a gayer version of the odd couple, except as bees.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Delphine wrote:
Radrappy wrote:It's like the people who are obsessed with Goku and Vegeta being romantically inclined. No. Just, no.
If you don't like yaoi, avoid it. ...then again, Goku and Vegeta, even if they were as the gayest gays that ever gayed in the original source material, would kill each other before doing anything sexual with each other ever. Ever.
Yeah but my point is that it destroys their character. It's not so much that I am opposed to yaoi (if you like it whatever) as I am to the mindless perversion of these characters' personalities. I recognize that they will need to be bended a certain amount in order to make the pairing work but not to a point that it completely undermines the orginal character.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I do think we may have gone just a <i>tad</i> bit astray in this discussion.

I mean, honestly. Sonic Team updates site -> toes -> Orin -> "name the most ludicrous pairing" contests. Only in The GHZâ„¢, eh?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

That's our next poll, right there.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Radrappy wrote:Yeah but my point is that it destroys their character.
The bad yaoi does, yeah. The same as any bad fanwork. Obviously you're not going to go looking for it but there is plenty of good pretty boy love that's as close to in character as you're gonna get when you change the guy's sexuality. If you really did want to find it, looking on dA wouldn't help you at all.

OSM

Post by OSM »

There fucking cartoon characters. Why the hell do they need to have a sexual personality in the first place.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

OSM wrote:There fucking cartoon characters. Why the hell do they need to have a sexual personality in the first place.
I like it when people answer their own stupid questions. It saves time and effort all around.

WW

Post by WW »

I laughed out loud.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I remember a time where I knew exactly what OTP stood for, and I would be able to refute your point, Zeta.

That time has come and gone, though, so now I'll be content to say that I think that gay characters would cause a decrease in yaoi.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, for some reason, fangirls hate series where there are actual gay characters and never draw slash or yaoi pertaining to that series. It's WEIRD.

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

Zeta wrote:It's funny no one ever cares about the one character almost outright hinted at being gay in the series: Charmy Bee.
I would never ever actually draw yaoi but I have made a couple joke pictures myself referencing Charmy's gayness. So yes, I see it entirely.

WW

Post by WW »

Charmy's six. All six year olds act gay, big deal.

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

So he has social defficiancy? It's so goddam embarassing when kids act that way.

Btw related to the Tikal bio, I haven't translated anything but glancing at some parts her father's name is "Pachacama." I always thought it was PachacamaC.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Charmy's six. All six year olds act gay, big deal.
All six year old little boys collect pictures of teenage dudes in speedos?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Zeta wrote:Yeah, for some reason, fangirls hate series where there are actual gay characters and never draw slash or yaoi pertaining to that series. It's WEIRD.
Part of making slash or any other fanwork is creating something loyal to the source material but different in some way. Buffy kills a vampire, no shit. Buffy makes out with Faith? Different and also hot. Buffy travels to Africa to kill vampires? Different and also hot, but in a different way.

So slashing characters that are already gay? Not so different. Making them straight would be, but oh lord the flamorama you'd get from it.

And this is really the last place to get involved in a conversation like this, so I'll just make my point and move on. :)

WW

Post by WW »

Zeta wrote:All six year old little boys collect pictures of teenage dudes in speedos?
Out of all the six year olds that I know, approximately none, yes.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Zeta wrote:All six year old little boys collect pictures of teenage dudes in speedos?
Jee-crawling-hova, Jem! Where and when did this happen?

Please, please don't say Shadow. Something like that might actually warrant another playthrough.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Sonic X. There was a segment that the Chaotix hosted in which Espio and Vector were creepied out to find Charmy hoarding polaroids of Knuckles in tight swimsuits.

Guard your ass Knuckles, a bee wants to polinate it.

WW

Post by WW »

Pics or it did'nt happen.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Don't have 'em. Sorry. Never thought of saving the picture. It was like in the last 20 episodes of the first series though. Just not sure which one.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

EmeraldGuardian wrote: Btw related to the Tikal bio, I haven't translated anything but glancing at some parts her father's name is "Pachacama." I always thought it was PachacamaC.
It's Pachacamac. Pachacamac and Tikal are both names of two towns in Chile. Sonic Team was there to find inspiration for SA1 and blah blah blah you all know the story.

I actually never pictured Charmy being gay. Maybe because I never saw the Sonic X episodes with him.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Charmy and Knuckles is the new Amy and Sonic.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Oh. Ok, now I get it.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
Eggman Nigga should be dressed as a pimp.
He at least needs gold incisors.
He needs to dress up as Reala…