"Don't step in the leadership"

Updates to the front page of the site are in here.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Green Gibbon! wrote:You guys seem to remember more of the old text than I do.
I think the phrase would be "look back on some of it more fondly".

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well, maybe you should get someone to re-write the articles...

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Or maybe you should shut up. GG! isn't paid to write and update these articles for you, so let him be.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:Or maybe you should shut up. GG! isn't paid to write and update these articles for you, so let him be.
Oh well, is my fault for not doing backups then-_-

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

http://www.theghz.com/sonic/jam/jam.html

Gibbon...are these museum pages of yours written by an actual person these days, and not a machine?

Just wondering.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Actually, these days I outsource all the writing to underpaid labor in southeast Asia. I only market it.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The "Secret Mission" in Sonic Jam is just the version of Sonic World used for demo discs (such as "Sega Flash 5" which was given away with an issue of Sega Saturn Magazine in the UK) - default items, no mission start point, no Flickies (!), can't enter the museums and a 60 second time limit. The only difference is that you're given the option to replay once the time limit runs out, whereas in the demo disc version you were presented with a "coming soon" screen (still in Japanese) and taken back to the menu.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Oh, is that the story? What a bizarre feature to include. Why would they do that?

Back when it came out I was convinced that collecting all the rings in the time limit would unlock Knuckles. I actually did it twice.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Oh, is that the story? What a bizarre feature to include. Why would they do that?
I have no idea. Probably just a "why not?" afterthought. I'll replay the demo disc sometime soon to check if there are any differences I've forgotten.

Maybe the demo was also used at games shows or something? I don't recall any Flickies in the earliest screenshots.
Green Gibbon! wrote:Back when it came out I was convinced that collecting all the rings in the time limit would unlock Knuckles. I actually did it twice.
I thought there would be a conclusion to the cartoon in the theatre. I still want to know how Sonic got out of that one.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Has the source of that cartoon ever been unearthed?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Crazy Penguin wrote:I thought there would be a conclusion to the cartoon in the theatre. I still want to know how Sonic got out of that one.
I'm not the only one!

Neo

Post by Neo »

Crazy Penguin wrote:I'll replay the demo disc sometime soon to check if there are any differences I've forgotten.
Off the top of my head, I recall that the demo disc version had a spring in place of a floating platform in front of the art gallery, making the trip up the cliff harder, considering the odd stop-dead thing springs do.

aso

Post by aso »

So... what happened to that bit about 'Sonic Jam' on the Sonic Jam page? Why was it taken out?

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I noticed that, too. It wasn't mentioned in the 1997 time line, either.

Speaking of the time line, a couple of the Japanese Sonic games with retail prices on their respective pages (Sonic 3, Sonic Drift) are missing the retail prices in the 1994 time line.

BTW, in case you're curious, the original U.S. version of Sonic Adventure 2 (and its Gamecube counterpart) and Heroes originally retailed in North America for $49.99, Sonic Mega Collection for $39.99 ($19.99 for the Plus versions on PS2 and X-BOX), and Sonic Gems Collection originally retailed for $29.99.