Sonic Next-Gen - 30 new screens - Shadow not in car shocker!

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

SegaSonic wrote:
So yeah, the upbeat dance music of the 80's is what kept the coolness going, Oshima knew this.

Dance Music has depth and it is upbeat, giving a sence of vastness and coolness.
What the fuck.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Whatever. I reiterate, though,
I wrote:that's not the issue at hand.
There's a lot more that needs fixing than music... especially when the music is just damn fine as-is, thanks.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

SegaSonic wrote:So yeah, the upbeat dance music of the 80's is what kept the coolness going, Oshima knew this.
Masato Nakamura.

Anyway, I don't think the preview confirms Shadow's use of firearms. As far back as I remember firearms have been brought to subject with this game as far back as E3 2006, what with Shadow driving that jeep. Unfortunately, I wouldn't count firearms out just yet.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Thats odd about that guns thing. I got a chance to read some of the manual a while back, and there's no mention of weapons outside of vehicles. Same case when i played an early version of one of Shadow's levels.

Also, for some reason, they've decided to include a sort of dating sim. You control Elisa like a normal character. However, depending on how you play through the levels, you'll meet different characters. You then get these training sessions where you can learn one the characters ablities. Apparently you'll have a lot of choice. So you could train Elisa to have the speed of Sonic and the psychic powers of Silver. Depending on how you play through her story will effect who Elisa confesses her love to.

Basicly, Emerl is back...

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

That would be really weird. Imagine Elise running across water and hopping from pillar to pillar in that one mach speed stage. Think of the possibilities with the other characters.
One Classy Bloke wrote:Depending on how you play through her story will effect who Elisa confesses her love to.
... So Elise x anyone?

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Also, for some reason, they've decided to include a sort of dating sim. You control Elisa like a normal character. However, depending on how you play through the levels, you'll meet different characters. You then get these training sessions where you can learn one the characters ablities. Apparently you'll have a lot of choice. So you could train Elisa to have the speed of Sonic and the psychic powers of Silver. Depending on how you play through her story will effect who Elisa confesses her love to.

Another one of your jokes right? Please say it's a joke!

I'm really starting to think this game could go either way. Some elements of it look good but a lot of it looks like the exact opposite of what I was hoping for. It half looks like an unofficial "Shadow the Hedgehog 2".

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

One Classy Bloke wrote: You then get these training sessions where you can learn one the characters ablities. Apparently you'll have a lot of choice. So you could train Elisa to have the speed of Sonic and the psychic powers of Silver.
How about Chaos blast?

(...)

Post by (...) »

Also, for some reason, they've decided to include a sort of dating sim. You control Elisa like a normal character. However, depending on how you play through the levels, you'll meet different characters. You then get these training sessions where you can learn one the characters ablities. Apparently you'll have a lot of choice. So you could train Elisa to have the speed of Sonic and the psychic powers of Silver. Depending on how you play through her story will effect who Elisa confesses her love to.
(gasps in disbelief)You're making that up!

Somehow I can't envision Elise curling up into a ball and jumping around, or running up the side of walls etc.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Good Lord. A Princess Maker mini-game? Actual hints of possible human/anthro relations?

"Give me more power Mr. Nakamura."
"I'm givin' it all she's got, Iizuka. If I push any harder, the whole fandom will blow!"
"MORE."

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

SegaSonic wrote:Well, in the sense that Sonic aint a pimp who kisses girls all the time, yeah..Sonic the Comic is better..but only to archie.

Sonic the Comic used their ideas to produce action scenes instead of stupid kissing scenes, so yeah.

And Sonic being a yerk was also cool:

"Sonic was portrayed in his eponymous comic with an attitude which differs slightly compared to what is considered the norm in other media; here he is presented as being somewhat bossy, cocky and arrogant, and characters regularly referred to his "strange sense of humour". Sonic's attitude frequently made cruel jokes at the expense of his friend Tails, behavior contrary to that seen in most of the continuities. However, like all his incarnations, Sonic truly does care about his friends and their well-being, the same care also applies to his home planet of Mobius"

info taken from the Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Comic

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Psxphile wrote:Good Lord. A Princess Maker mini-game? Actual hints of possible human/anthro relations?

"Give me more power Mr. Nakamura."
"I'm givin' it all she's got, Iizuka. If I push any harder, the whole fandom will blow!"
"MORE."
Yes...but is Japan so is not that weird...

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

One Classy Bloke wrote:they've decided to include a sort of dating sim
Is this some kind of last ditch effort to try and finally make Sonic popular in Japan or something? That's absolutely unbelievable.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Kill her 100 times and she will confess her love to Eggman.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Also, for some reason, they've decided to include a sort of dating sim. You control Elisa like a normal character. However, depending on how you play through the levels, you'll meet different characters. You then get these training sessions where you can learn one the characters ablities. Apparently you'll have a lot of choice. So you could train Elisa to have the speed of Sonic and the psychic powers of Silver. Depending on how you play through her story will effect who Elisa confesses her love to.

Nice timing, though.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I don't know, this seems like something Sonic Team would try to pull. Don't forget the whole Princess Fiona thing that OCB hinted at earlier- that could just as easily be another one of his hoaxes, but I wouldn't put that past Sonic Team, either.

So long as Eggman is a feasible candidate, I'm all for it. It could happen; it seems as if she'll be around him for a considerable period of time, what with her being kidnapped and all, and he has a more cultivated persona this time around. How could she possibly resist him? If he lost the throbbing man-thighs, I'd totally hit it.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Back in May, I wrote:I think I get it now. They're building to a climax where at E3 they'll announce the production of Shadow the Hedgehog 2 and the Sonic Dating Sim. Then, just as our outrage and despair has peaked, Yuji Naka will jump out of a closet and yell "Surprise!" and show us the game Sonic Team has really been working on for the past 6 years.
IT IS CLEAR TO ME NOW!

THEY JUST DO THE OPPOSITE OF EVERYTHING WE SAY!

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Man, I really hope Sonic Team'll make the worst video game in existence. The gaming equivalent of an Uwe Boll movie. That'd rock, wouldn't it?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Please, don't give Uwe Boll credit for anything, including worst movie. <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Films_cons ... ver">There are much better candidates.</a>

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Freddie got Fingered really shouldn't be in any of these lists. Sure it's absolutely and utterly retarded but I can't see how anyone with a sense of humour could watch it without finding some degree of humour at least.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Ritz wrote:Seriously.
what the heck? what movie is that from?

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

I was gonna do a full animation of myself getting hit from both sides, then getting crushed under an anvil. But i got lazy... and was left with this. http://www.thepartybasket.co.uk/flipboo ... tcoul.html

That is, after i revealed that the Sonic dating sim was a joke. I was really just extending on the love sub-plot to a foolish level.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Oh, you devil.

On the subject of Freddy Got Fingered, Tom Green can be funny at times, but the movie was flat out dumb.

Luckett X

Post by Luckett X »

could you perhaps try not being a complete moron and not just making shit up in future? Its good that youre an 'insider', but seriously making retarded bollocks up is just immature and often the reason why people such as yourself are laughed at frequently.

My opinion of this game is low enough already, without having to inwardly groan even more and then retract that inward groan from myself due to misinformation.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Once again, it's sad that I seriously questioned whether or not you were joking. Sexuality is the last bastion they haven't stormed yet and I'm pretty sure that even they won't touch that rat's nest. Even so, I'd believe it.