GHZ got through Act 1

Updates to the front page of the site are in here.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

GHZ got through Act 1

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So somebody in the forum mentioned that, in addition to Samba de Amigo, Shun Nakamura was also the director of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. Nakamura, as a reminder, is currently directing the upcoming 360/PS3 Sonic game.

Now.

Now. Let's don't all start panicking just yet. Everybody take a deep breath. Iiiinhale... eeeexhale. Good. Okay. Let's put the pieces together.

Stanley Kubrick didn't whip out Dr. Strangelove and Clockwork Orange right off the bat. He had to shake out no less than half a dozen highly mediocre films before finding his artistic voice. Bill Watterson was fired from his first cartooning job. Even our own Shigeru Miyamoto, before Donkey Kong, had to cut his teeth on the highly derivative and largely forgotten Radar Scope. SO. It is, therefore, entirely possible that Giant Egg - which is not <i>totally</i> devoid of merit - represents an early misfire from a latent talent, and that Nakamura is now due to hit his stride. A highly improbable scenario, perhaps, but it's not like we Sonic fans can be picky about which straws we grasp at. E3 looms, and though that is an event I grow more indifferent to with each passing year, it is likely to clarify our immediate fate. The execution is always less painful than the anticipation of it, so...

I think at this point I'm expected to make some sort of comment about <a href="http://www.sega.com/e3/2006/announcemen ... 03a">Sonic Rivals</a>, which is going to be difficult to do because that's like asking for an editorial on a plate of dirt. It is so astoundingly vapid a subject that there is nothing to say about it beyond the affirmation of its physical existence. My first reaction was "who the hell are Backbone Entertainment"? So I googled up their website and it turns out that they are not really much of anybody. Apparently it's a small Canadian studio whose credits mostly consist of mobile ports of old Midway games. Their only original titles are Death Jr. for the PSP and a couple of N-Gage games (<i>N-Gage</i>, yet). Infact, I shall dub them Brokebackbone Entertainment because this whole development is gay.

Anyway, moving on to more domestic affairs: if you're reading this, you have already been made aware of the GHZ's new URL. The site has, infact, been moved off of EmuZone entirely, courtesy of resident manservant Segaholic. This means that the site and forum are now integrated, and we've got alot more control over scripts and layout management. This new freedom is lost on the likes of me, who can't tell his PHP's from his HTML's, but fortunately it seems like Segaholic knows what the hell he's doing, so he's now the official technical administrator (in addition to his old duties as manbitch). Most of the changes should be immediately apparent: we've got a new URL and finally our own domain (for good this time). The relentless pop-ups that have dogged the site for the past couple of years are history, and they will remain such. Front page updates are now handled via a proper blog script which all forum mods have access to, so it is possible that the old crew (Pep, Silv, Popcorn, etc) will update now and again unless they prove to be as lazy about it as I am. Additionally, happy children may now comment on front page updates (no forum registration required, though that may change). The weekly poll, which may actually now become weekly, is accessible from the sidebar directly to the left, though forum registration is required to discourage multiple votes. Holic tells me there's something called RSS feeds on the front page and newsboards, but that terminology is foreign to me so I have no idea what he means. I'll assume that if it's relevant to you, it doesn't require an explanation. Finally, there is a rumor going around that the site now stays crunchy even in milk, though there is as yet no documented evidence to support this.

P. Eggroll

Post by P. Eggroll »

So, I can post a comment without registering on this board? I've gotta try this out (well, actually, no I really gotta try this out, but I'm trying it out anyway).

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Actually, nevermind, I've learned my lesson; I should've inserted a "don't" inbetween the words "I" and "really", which I can't anymore. So sad.

Dark Prime

Post by Dark Prime »

Oh, hey! Poll on the front page!

Oh, hey! No need to log in!

Oh, hey! News comments!

It's like a whole new GHZ.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Plus, I made a Brokeback pun, which makes me hip.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I actually laughed at that, by the way. Thought you ought to know.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

Mhh, I've got a question: what about the old URL? It'll still be updated or will just wither and die (just so you can feel a little guilty)

And that Sonic Rivals seems like a Kaze no Klonoa rip-off

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

We're not going to use the old URL anymore. Use this one from now on.

The entire site has been moved to this URL anyway so it's not like there's anything to feel guilty about.

Post by Guest »

"Plus, I made a Brokeback pun, which makes me hip."

Only about as hip as Carlos Mencia.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Hey, Carlos Mencia's new show is actually somewhat decent. I've never seen his standup or anything, but the show has made me laugh on the few occasions I've seen it.

Guest Jenkins

I haven't an avi

Post by Guest Jenkins »

Are you sure it's a good idea to just let anyone post like this? Granted it's only on the front page, but that could still take things down a notch...after all the work you did to bring things up to scratch.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Light Speed wrote:Hey, Carlos Mencia's new show is actually somewhat decent.
THIS MAN IS A DIRTY DIRTY LIAR AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

His real name is Ned Arnel Mencia. I mean, c'mon.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

Segaholic2 wrote:We're not going to use the old URL anymore. Use this one from now on.

The entire site has been moved to this URL anyway so it's not like there's anything to feel guilty about.
Well, I meant, the Emulation Zone domain gave it a strange feel of fansite a "proper" domain doesn't. Well, at least this one's really easy to remember.

http://ghz.emulationzone.org/
I'll miss you.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

What are you talking about.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Zarathustra wrote:
Segaholic2 wrote:We're not going to use the old URL anymore. Use this one from now on.

Well, I meant, the Emulation Zone domain gave it a strange feel of fansite a "proper" domain doesn't. Well, at least this one's really easy to remember.

http://ghz.emulationzone.org/
I'll miss you.
Were you even here when that was the domain?

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Sonic is broken and cant be fixed, prove me wrong!

Zarathustra
Douche Banned

Post by Zarathustra »

Baba O'Reily wrote:Were you even here when that was the domain?
Not registered in the forum, but I'm here since, say, 2003 if I remember.
Arcade wrote:Sonic is broken and cant be fixed, prove me wrong!
... For the time being, I personally can't.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Arcade wrote:Sonic is broken and cant be fixed, prove me wrong!
Did that post have anything to do with the topic at hand? At all?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Recently I was trying to sort something out with "Arcade" over pm's because I had no idea what he was trying to say in reference to a post I made. Then I remembered he posted once saying that he used to be "Nova" and I felt like an idiot for even attempting to make sense of things.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

James McGeachie wrote:Then I remembered he posted once saying that he used to be "Nova" and I felt like an idiot for even attempting to make sense of things.
Well, that makes a lot of sense.