So who's going to martyr themselves and buy the Shadow game?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

So who's going to martyr themselves and buy the Shadow game?

Post by Frieza2000 »

I'm not. Not for a long time, anyway. I'm not willing to pay more than $10 for it, and I don't think it'll be that cheap until the current console generation is retired. All of the cut scenes (and probably the levels) will pop up in torrents the day after the game is released anyway, so all I'll miss out on is the gameplay and I don't think there's going to be much to miss.

So what about you guys?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Now that 4KIDS is on the Voice Department it just made it a hella worse!

Count me out~!

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

...I'll do it. I'm expendable anyway.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I will buy the game and I will play it. With my expectations kept at a comfortable low, I may end up inadvertently having a bit of fun with it.

The best thing about having Breath of Fire IV in my collection is that no matter how crappy a new game is I can still honestly say that it's far from the worst game I've ever bought.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

I can't let you do that, Owen. You actually matter compared to me. I'll sacrifice myself.

Just...pretend to remember me, guys.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

We won't delete your forum account if thats what you mean.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

Hold a sermon or some shit.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Honestly, the game won't kill you, Doc. It might make you want to kill yourself, though...

I stand corrected. A salmon it is.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

"Sermon." Sermon. A funeral service, if you will.

R-tard.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I really really want to buy it. I think it will be a fun videogame.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Honestly, I mostly want to rent it or hope some friend of mine has it so I can borrow it so that I can play it and judge it's to see if it's worth my time cuz even if people praise the game for being good, there's no way in hell I'm buying a game starring Shadow friggin' hedgehog, my most hated of all Sonic characters.
~Neo
Last edited by Neo Yi on Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

The Doc wrote:"Sermon." Sermon. A funeral service, if you will.

R-tard.
A sermon is a religious discourse delivered in public usually by a clergyman as a part of a worship service. Dumbass.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

It wasn't too bad from what I played at Digital Life, so I'll get it.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

The point is: Shadow has guns and swords!! I am SO there!!

But seriously, I would buy it. I do think it'll be fun.
Of course, I'll end up waiting until the PS3 comes out, 'cause I don't have a current generation console...

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I've developed this thing recently where it seems I have to buy every Sonic game that comes out regardless of how bad they are, so it's inevitable I'll pick this up. I really don't want to pay much for it though, I waited for Heroes to drop in price before I touched it and may do the same for this...but I have to admit I am curious to see how it's turned out and I don't really want to wait a year to know.

In other words, chances are I'll be an idiot and buy it full price within a few weeks of release.

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

j-man wrote:I really really want to buy it. I think it will be a fun videogame.
Actually, I think you might me right. Not fun like a Sonic game, but fun in a way that's better than Heroes. I seriously question the replay value though, and I'm not supporting Sonic Team for milking the series with half assed games.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Hehe, I used to be like that. Then I was like, why am I wasting money on this bullshit, so I stopped. Too bad I still have Sonic Heroes and all this other crap.

CM August

Post by CM August »

The game doesn't come out in Australia 'till the 25th, so I'll probably be spoiled on the game's plot twists before then. And since I would have to pick up the PS2 version to keep my ears from exploding, I might not buy it at all.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I do not understand how anyone could have any hope for this game. What are these people seeing that I am not? The level design, gameplay and overall structure look exactly the same Sonic Heroes. The only major new element -- the shooting -- is quite obviously clumsy, imprecise and poorly integrated. All the characters and environments look bland and unimaginative, and are inexcusably poor from a technical perspective to boot. The only nice thing I have to say about the music I've heard is that the explosions will probably drown it out a lot of the time.

And notice that, in all of the complaints above, I have not even touched on the embarassing "mature" tone or the completely worthless title character. Well, now I will. They suck.

This game looks like shit. It looks like shit that was re-ingested and then shitted out a second time. It looks Ratchet and Clank for preschoolers, programmed by retards for the N64 and embellished with a story adapted from Final Cosmos the Ultra's DeadJournal by the team of marketing executives behind Loonatics. In almost every regard, it screams "worthless."

The cutscene animation looks great, though!

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I do not understand how anyone could have any hope for this game.

I don't have hope for it, I just tend to want to play a game all the way through before passing a judgement, even one starring Shadow.
~Neo

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

You forgot the most important aspect of the game!

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/734/734 ... 91342.html

JACKIN' CARZ!

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

To clarify in response to Esrever's summarization, I know it's a terrible game. When I say fun I mean in the way that I enjoyed Sonic Heroes while I was playing it the first time. I numbed my mind as I held down forward and worked for those A ranks. Then at the end I woke up. I expect (and kind of hope for) the same thing with this game. It'd be fun to forget for a while that this is supposed to be a Sonic game, and to just hold down forward, blow stuff up, and laugh at the no doubt horrible storyline. Only this time I won't abruptly wake up and realize how bad it was because I'm already expecting it. That kind of experience has no replay value, just like Sonic Heroes, but I'd spend $10 on it.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

programmed by retards for the N64
Not long after the game was announced, I had this dream where I was playing it on an N64. It looks like it could be an N64 game texture and architecture wise, but there isn't enough fog.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The animated cut scenes look to be done well and the branching level/story/ending paths thing is an interesting idea.

The rest of the game appears to be Everything That's Wrong With The Industry to such an extent that it borders on parody.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Fuck no.