Sonic Riders 2

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

OK, Sonic Riders isn't even out yet and they're already announcing a sequel for Next Gen consoles.

The article also says they're thinking about porting Sonic Riders to the PSP as well but nothing's been decided yet.
SEGA will release a sequel to its racing game Sonic Riders on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 according to producer Takashi Yuda.

More interestingly, Yuda-san revealed that sections of SEGA would like to see Space Channel 5 return on next-generation platforms.

Speaking at a press event in London this week, Yuda-san told Eurogamer, "there will be a sequel to Sonic Riders, and it will definitely be on PS3 and Xbox 360". Definitely, we responded, parrot-like to the last? "Yes."
Advertisement

How about Space Channel 5? There are people - higher-ups, it seems - who are keen on the idea, Yuda-san told us. "But nothing has been decided."

Yuda-san also said that that his team was interested in porting the current-gen Sonic Riders to PlayStation Portable, although, again, nothing's been decided at this point.

Before any of that, however, we'll have to wait and see Sonic Riders itself. Due out in early 2006 on PS2 and Xbox, the Sonic-inspired racing game has players coasting along on hover-boards powered by air, a stock of which is replenished by performing tricks and pausing at refill stations and can also be used as an F-Zero-style boost.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

It's like 1995 all over again.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I wonder what the record number of upcoming Sonic games at one time is. There's 5 at the moment with this, well unless there's also more Sonic Café titles on their way I'm not aware of, but I wouldn't really count them.

CM August

Post by CM August »

I don't like Takashi Yuda anymore.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Mmm. Hedgehog milk.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Very questionable. Are we sure this information is legitimate? I only ask because I do not see this information anywhere else. Simultaneously, why would any [sane] developer make a sequel without any public opinion of the first game. Perhaps people liked it at TGS so much that Yuda thought it would be okay to develop a sequel? If that's the case, we should expect an announcement of a Sonic Rush sequel anytime soon.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Since when did a game sucking stop a sequel from being made?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

i heard their makeing sonic 4

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

for the dreamcaster II!

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Remember that picture of the Dreamcast 2 that appeared on some german site. I remember getting all crazily excited for about 4 minutes. Good times.

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

OMG ITS REAL????/

Gwilym

Post by Gwilym »

yes and 1 of the lunch titles is nights into dreams 2: lock and load

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

That controller looks worse than the Xbox Duke.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Sheesh, I get the damn point. What other reason would we have all those Mario Party sequels? But that still does not justify my first question. I still do not see any information of Sonic Riders 2 anywhere else.

Also notice I questioned the [sanity] of the developer.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Also notice I questioned the [sanity] of the developer.
Yeah. This equates to admitting they don't care what the fans think at all. That would mean they've finally realized that sales figures are negligibly affected by what game they slap Sonic's face on. It seems pretty out there, even for Sonic Team, but they've been taking incompetence to a surreal level lately.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

it would be really sad if sonic riders turns out to become better than an actual sonic game.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I'm quite looking forward to Sonic Riders, it looks good. It'll probably be the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2, which isn't really saying much. It is worrying that they're apparently planning a sequel before the first game has even been released.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Well Sonic R was pretty decent, certainly better then Sonic Heroes which was argueably a "real" Sonic game. I can't say I'm interested in Sonic Riders though, let alone a sequal.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

To Sonic fans, a giantt ball of turd would be better than Sonic Heroes. God forbid it's the *only* bad Sonic game out there or something (many of the problems it had were also in Sonic Adventure 2; giant pits, rails, bitchy rank/point system, horrible camera, generic level design, etc.).

Nova

Post by Nova »

Sonic labyrinth wasn’t worse?

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Sonic Heroes isn't as bad as Sonic fans make it out to be. Sure it's not the Sonic game I wanted, but I've played bad games. Sonic Heroes is heaps better. There comes a time every once in a long while where I even want to pop it in.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Of all the Sonic games I've ever owned I've found myself replaying Sonic Heroes the least. Whenever I do go back to it I rarely ever play for more than two levels.

One of the major draws of the Sonic games used to be their accessibility, and that's just not there in Sonic Heroes.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I beat all the stories of Sonic Heroes, then I replayed the final one versus Metal Sonic cause it was kinda sorta neat, since then I have never even considered looking at the games case much less playing it. That game is the devil!

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I'm the only person on the goddamn planet who bothered to play through the Gamecube, PS2, and X-BOX versions of Sonic Heroes just to check out the differences in graphics and such. I am such a moron.

Funny enouh, the only teams I really like playing as are Team Rose and Chaotix. Team Sonic SUCKS; at least Team Dark's second missions (kill 100 enemies) are somewhat fun.
Nova wrote:Sonic labyrinth wasn’t worse?
Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic Drift 1, Tails' Skypatrol, and G-Sonic are much, much worse than Heroes.